Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by whag View Post
    Okay Iím sorry I misjudged you. Consider that maybe people react so strongly to Clinton (a confirmed rapist and serial adulterer) and Trump (a confirmed narcissist and proud nincompoop) because they are extreme cases of political villains. That tends to spawn very hyperbolic attacks because they themselves are hyperbolic figures.
    True, but Trump nor Clinton are evil either.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

    Comment


    • Originally posted by whag View Post
      I never said you make an excuse for Trumpís flawed moral character. At the very most, I was saying you misapprehend why people feel so strongly that heís diminished the dignity of the presidency in the same way or worse than Clinton.
      Democrats didnít really care about the many affairs and questionable moral choices of JFK, LBJ, nor Clinton, so I find most of the protest merely crocodile tears.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

      Comment


      • Originally posted by whag View Post
        Okay Iím sorry I misjudged you. Consider that maybe people react so strongly to Clinton (a confirmed rapist and serial adulterer) and Trump (a confirmed narcissist and proud nincompoop) because they are extreme cases of political villains. That tends to spawn very hyperbolic attacks because they themselves are hyperbolic figures.
        Just for clarification - I don't consider Trump 'evil' in the sense Pix claims I do. I consider many of the things he has done as evil, and many of his methods and actions as evil. Bit 'pure evil', in terms of the assignment of that label to an individual, is - fortunately - very rare and typically is earned by a serious of actions like those of ted bundy, or pol pot, or hitler etc.
        He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

        "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Just for clarification - I don't consider Trump 'evil' in the sense Pix claims I do. I consider many of the things he has done as evil, and many of his methods and actions as evil. Bit 'pure evil', in terms of the assignment of that label to an individual, is - fortunately - very rare and typically is earned by a serious of actions like those of ted bundy, or pol pot, or hitler etc.
          Say three nice things about Trump? To show I am being fair hereís three nice things about Obama:

          1. He is a good husband and father.
          2. He did a good job dealing with Osama Bin Laden.
          3. He treated his staff well and was easy to work with and for.

          Iíll wait.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

          Comment


          • Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            Say three nice things about Trump? To show I am being fair hereís three nice things about Obama:

            1. He is a good husband and father.
            2. He did a good job dealing with Osama Bin Laden.
            3. He treated his staff well and was easy to work with and for.

            Iíll wait.
            He actually had a quick wit and could be funny at times.
            "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

            Comment


            • Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              Say three nice things about Trump? To show I am being fair hereís three nice things about Obama:

              1. He is a good husband and father.
              2. He did a good job dealing with Osama Bin Laden.
              3. He treated his staff well and was easy to work with and for.

              Iíll wait.
              1) He values the military
              2) He tends to do things that are overall good for the economy
              3) He is not afraid to make people angry if they disagree with him.

              All of these I consider important qualities in a leader of the country.
              He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

              "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                He actually had a quick wit and could be funny at times.
                He's also clean and articulate.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

                Beige Nationalist.

                "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

                Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

                Comment


                • He has GREAT hair and a photogenic smile.
                  ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

                  Comment


                  • Oh, and a big stick.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

                    Beige Nationalist.

                    "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

                    Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      Oh, and a big stick.
                      Joe is priceless.
                      "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        1) He values the military
                        2) He tends to do things that are overall good for the economy
                        3) He is not afraid to make people angry if they disagree with him.

                        All of these I consider important qualities in a leader of the country.
                        Good, now name 3 good leadership qualities of Hillary Clinton.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          Good, now name 3 good leadership qualities of Hillary Clinton.
                          1) she knew to hitch her wagon to a rising star
                          2)
                          3)
                          "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            Good, now name 3 good leadership qualities of Hillary Clinton.
                            Playing a little game are we? Sorry, opting out.
                            He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

                            "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Playing a little game are we? Sorry, opting out.
                              I take this to mean you canít think of any, can you? Hillary is a terrible leader that has spent decades, in the public eye, yet... what did she accomplish in those decades?
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                I take this to mean you canít think of any, can you? Hillary is a terrible leader that has spent decades, in the public eye, yet... what did she accomplish in those decades?
                                You can take it to mean that you've squandered another opportunity for meaningful discussion.

                                You had a legitimate question. And I answered that question.
                                He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

                                "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seer, Yesterday, 09:49 AM
                                12 responses
                                61 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post seer
                                by seer
                                 
                                Started by rogue06, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                                52 responses
                                301 views
                                2 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by Starlight, Yesterday, 01:07 AM
                                34 responses
                                215 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Starlight  
                                Started by Gondwanaland, 01-24-2021, 07:45 PM
                                7 responses
                                60 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, 01-24-2021, 11:11 AM
                                45 responses
                                279 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post EvoUK
                                by EvoUK
                                 
                                Working...
                                X