Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whag View Post
    Okay I’m sorry I misjudged you. Consider that maybe people react so strongly to Clinton (a confirmed rapist and serial adulterer) and Trump (a confirmed narcissist and proud nincompoop) because they are extreme cases of political villains. That tends to spawn very hyperbolic attacks because they themselves are hyperbolic figures.
    True, but Trump nor Clinton are evil either.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I never said you make an excuse for Trump’s flawed moral character. At the very most, I was saying you misapprehend why people feel so strongly that he’s diminished the dignity of the presidency in the same way or worse than Clinton.
      Democrats didn’t really care about the many affairs and questionable moral choices of JFK, LBJ, nor Clinton, so I find most of the protest merely crocodile tears.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Okay I’m sorry I misjudged you. Consider that maybe people react so strongly to Clinton (a confirmed rapist and serial adulterer) and Trump (a confirmed narcissist and proud nincompoop) because they are extreme cases of political villains. That tends to spawn very hyperbolic attacks because they themselves are hyperbolic figures.
        Just for clarification - I don't consider Trump 'evil' in the sense Pix claims I do. I consider many of the things he has done as evil, and many of his methods and actions as evil. Bit 'pure evil', in terms of the assignment of that label to an individual, is - fortunately - very rare and typically is earned by a serious of actions like those of ted bundy, or pol pot, or hitler etc.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Just for clarification - I don't consider Trump 'evil' in the sense Pix claims I do. I consider many of the things he has done as evil, and many of his methods and actions as evil. Bit 'pure evil', in terms of the assignment of that label to an individual, is - fortunately - very rare and typically is earned by a serious of actions like those of ted bundy, or pol pot, or hitler etc.
          Say three nice things about Trump? To show I am being fair here’s three nice things about Obama:

1. He is a good husband and father.
          2. He did a good job dealing with Osama Bin Laden.
          3. He treated his staff well and was easy to work with and for.

I’ll wait.
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            Say three nice things about Trump? To show I am being fair here’s three nice things about Obama:

I’ll wait.
            He actually had a quick wit and could be funny at times.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I’ll wait.
              1) He values the military
              2) He tends to do things that are overall good for the economy
              3) He is not afraid to make people angry if they disagree with him.

All of these I consider important qualities in a leader of the country.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                He actually had a quick wit and could be funny at times.
                He's also clean and articulate.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• He has GREAT hair and a photogenic smile.
                  ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Oh, and a big stick.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      Oh, and a big stick.
                      Joe is priceless.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

1) He values the military
                        2) He tends to do things that are overall good for the economy
                        3) He is not afraid to make people angry if they disagree with him.

All of these I consider important qualities in a leader of the country.
                        Good, now name 3 good leadership qualities of Hillary Clinton.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

1) she knew to hitch her wagon to a rising star
                          2)
                          3)

Comment

Playing a little game are we? Sorry, opting out.

Comment

Playing a little game are we? Sorry, opting out.
                              I take this to mean you can’t think of any, can you? Hillary is a terrible leader that has spent decades, in the public eye, yet... what did she accomplish in those decades?
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I take this to mean you can’t think of any, can you? Hillary is a terrible leader that has spent decades, in the public eye, yet... what did she accomplish in those decades?
                                You can take it to mean that you've squandered another opportunity for meaningful discussion.

You had a legitimate question. And I answered that question.

Comment