Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I can try to avoid that and see it makes a difference.
    Totally up to you.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I would point out this is one of the places you are complicit in poisoning the discussion. I clearly did not call you a liar.
      Not in those words, obviously, but you did indicate that I was twisting your words. I politely asked for your best example of that, and you accused me of "demanding"....

My point is that there is more to being honest in a discussion that simply 'not lying', and I was trying to give you an honest window into how I use the term and the sorts of omissions that poison a discussion, all in a spirit of good will and good intent. For you to reply as you did above is destructive and contributes not to understanding but to further breakdown of communication.
      I'd still be interested in seeing how I twisted your words, or, since you pretty much accused me of being dishonest - a good example of that.

Note - that's a polite request, not a demand.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Not in those words, obviously, but you did indicate that I was twisting your words. I politely asked for your best example of that, and you accused me of "demanding"....

I'd still be interested in seeing how I twisted your words, or, since you pretty much accused me of being dishonest - a good example of that.

Note - that's a polite request, not a demand.
        Might post #1047 be an example? Essentially it snips the rest of the context of his post for showing why he's become bitter, and makes it sound like his reasons for becoming bitter are baseless, but as he explains in the larger post, the bitterness is in reaction to what he perceives are slights against his character.

Reading through some of these threads, I believe he takes this all a little too personally, and it may be in his best interest to take a break from the boards. I also think he's more than a little responsible for some of the heat he reaps, but he also does get swiped at quite a bit whether it is deserved or not, and as Christians it's a place we should avoid allowing ourselves to go (easier said than done obviously).

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          Might post #1047 be an example? Essentially it snips the rest of the context of his post for showing why he's become bitter, and makes it sound like his reasons for becoming bitter are baseless, but as he explains in the larger post, the bitterness is in reaction to what he perceives are slights against his character.
          First of all, welcome back - always glad to see you.

Secondly, I don't know if that would be an example Jim would use or not, but it simply expressed my opinion that it's Jim's bitterness that causes him to react the way he does, and to see insults and attacks where there are none.

I can't back away from the fact that I believe - my opinion - that a lot of Jim's posting here grows from a root of bitterness.

Reading through some of these threads, I believe he takes this all a little too personally, and it may be in his best interest to take a break from the boards. I also think he's more than a little responsible for some of the heat he reaps, but he also does get swiped at quite a bit whether it is deserved or not, and as Christians it's a place we should avoid allowing ourselves to go (easier said than done obviously).
          And when I try to reach out to him to resolve problems, I get swatted with "you DEMAND...."

It's like I can't even try to reason with him without him seeing that as "proof" that I'm attacking.

Comment

As I said in PM, it's always great to see you too brother!

Comment

I don't think it's "the calling out", Jim. I think it's the entire manner in which the Democrat politicians have gone about this. They seem to be shooting themselves in the foot at every turn.
              It's impressive, really - who knew it was even possible to shoot your own foot with a cannon?
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Secondly, I don't know if that would be an example Jim would use or not, but it simply expressed my opinion that it's Jim's bitterness that causes him to react the way he does, and to see insults and attacks where there are none.

I can't back away from the fact that I believe - my opinion - that a lot of Jim's posting here grows from a root of bitterness.

And when I try to reach out to him to resolve problems, I get swatted with "you DEMAND...."

It's like I can't even try to reason with him without him seeing that as "proof" that I'm attacking.
                You should know that my choice of the word 'bitterness' was in fact purposed. There are certain christian circles that, rather than seeing that as an opportunity to help the person so afflicted, use it as a label, much like 'the Scarlet letter' - a tag marking the sin of said person which then absolves them of any compassion and places all fault on said person for their situation.

I used said word as a test, to draw out those who hail from such a position.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You should know that my choice of the word 'bitterness' was in fact purposed. There are certain christian circles that, rather than seeing that as an opportunity to help the person so afflicted, use it as a label, much like 'the Scarlet letter' - a tag marking the sin of said person which then absolves them of any compassion and places all fault on said person for their situation.

I used said word as a test, to draw out those who hail from such a position.

Jim
                  Like I've told you before, Jim, you can only spit in people's faces so many times before they stop offering a friendly hand.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Like I've told you before, Jim, you can only spit in people's faces so many times before they stop offering a friendly hand.
                    There are no helping hands here, only people honing their spitting skills.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Your own words condemn you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Your own words condemn you.
                        They were not meant to do otherwise. It is simply an observation which - though unlikely to be truly universal - applies nearly so, and one in which you do nothing to refute with the above response.
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-05-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

They were not meant to do otherwise. It is simply an observation which - though unlikely to be truly universal - applies nearly so, and one in which you do nothing to refute with the above response.
                          This sounds suspiciously like Karlan's response when she was forced to apologize for mocking Trump's son: "Sure, I was wrong... but what about Trump! He's wrong, too!"

Comment

So, we're back to that again.

Comment

• Let's drop this guys. The thread is being derailed and we are proving Jim right with all this bashing. I just wanted to point out one thing to Jim, not start a blanket party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Let's drop this guys. The thread is being derailed and we are proving Jim right with all this bashing. I just wanted to point out one thing to Jim, not start a blanket party.
                                I'm not bashing, Sparko - I'm sincerely disappointed that any attempt to reach out to him gets labeled as an attack.

I'm done (again - yeah, I know, I keep trying, and keep getting swatted down) trying to reason with him, and suggest he stop trying to talk to me, and stop bringing my name up in his attacks on others.

Comment