Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Probably best. But I'll try an honest appeal to what is left of honesty in you.

My post was not an appeal to the polls as a validation of truth. It was stating the simple fact that my opinion is not by any stretch a minority or singular opinion. And if you had an ounce of honesty in you instead of cheap shots like the above you'd admit you were wrong to affirm MM's claim I was using the polls to justify my opinion and apologize.
    How is all that NOT an attack on Cow Poke? Jim, you routinely do what you accuse others of doing to you. Kind of a reverse golden rule or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      You're sounding more and more like JimL all the time, Ox. Your arguments are becoming more personal and emotional rather than professional and reasonable.
      And you're sounding more and more like a hypocrite all the time. You ought first to remove the log there, buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        How is all that NOT an attack on Cow Poke? Jim, you routinely do what you accuse others of doing to you. Kind of a reverse golden rule or something?
        Which is doubly odd in light of the line in his signature that says...
        "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

I don't take it personally -- I think he is so consumed with this Trump thing that it's like a cancer that's eating him from inside out, but he can't see that.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke
          Facts not in evidence, but, sure, Jim --- whatever you say.

ETA: But it's nice that Ox's atheist buddies can always come to his defense.
          Of course the facts are not in evidence for you, there's that log thingie.

Comment

I actually missed that earlier. That's truly sad.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Of course the facts are not in evidence for you, there's that log thingie.
              If you can actually demonstrate where I have been hypocritical, Jim, please do so.

ETA: However, I'm sure this just more of your immature goading, trying to provoke an unkind response.
              Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

If you can actually demonstrate where I have been hypocritical, Jim, please do so.

ETA: However, I'm sure this just more of your immature goading, trying to provoke an unkind response.
                Like I said there's that log thingie. You're criticizing Jim for getting personal, when you do it yourself all the time. As far as I can see, Jim works real hard to restrain himself, much harder than you or I do.

Comment

Like I said there's that log thingie. You're criticizing Jim for getting personal, when you do it yourself all the time.
                  And I never said I wouldn't, or didn't -- therefore, no hypocrisy. I'm not pretending to be something I'm not.

As far as I can see, Jim works real hard to restrain himself, much harder than you or I do.
                  Meh.... like I said, he's like a roller coaster, up and down -- I'm much more even-keeled.

But, again, I'm sure it warms his heart that the anti-Christian bigot crowd comes running to his defense.

Comment

And I never said I wouldn't, or didn't -- therefore, no hypocrisy. I'm not pretending to be something I'm not.
                    Criticizing someone for what you yourself are guilty of, is hypocrisy.

Meh.... like I said, he's like a roller coaster, up and down -- I'm much more even-keeled.
                    Yea, like I said, he obviously tries harder.
                    But, again, I'm sure it warms his heart that the anti-Christian bigot crowd comes running to his defense.
                    Well, it is obvious that Jim doesn't have the hate in his heart for non-believers that you do.

Comment

Criticizing someone...
                      Whatever you say, Jim.

Well, it is obvious that Jim doesn't have the hate in his heart for non-believers that you do.
                      I don't hate you, Jim, not even a little bit. Not even a teensie weensie little bit. And if I hated non-believers, I wouldn't be spending my life winning them to Jesus. So that statement is about as nutty as it gets.

Comment

It could be seen as an attack. But it would be more properly seen as the bitterness I have developed against the lot of you over your constant attacks on me and persistent refusal to engage the topics in liu of attacks on just about every aspect of who I am. Seems most of you think that shouldn't bother me, or get under my skin on occasion (though It takes only one or two retorts in kind to instigate page long rants from two, three or more).

But it does get under my skin sometimes, and others I just want to see what happens if I respond in kind. And so sometimes I respond to one or two of you in the same manner as I receive from you in just about every single reply.

So I do the best I can to be civil, but if the only acceptable standard is that I be perfect and never ever become irritated and respond harshly, no matter how many derogatory posts in a row are sent my way, then you will find a nit to pic often enough the maintain the charade.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It could be seen as an attack. But it would be more properly seen as the bitterness....
                          Bingo.

Comment

sadly Sparko, you are looking out of context. CP has been routinely cutting the content of my posts and twisting their meaning. He constantly claims to 'not support trump' while only every posting attacks on those critical of trump, and only ever posting praise for posts attacking those that criticise Trump. I have significant justification for not believing much honesty can be found in CP at this point in time. But all he has to do is stop attacking me personally, and start addressing the content of my posts in honest and fairness for that opinion of where he stands right now to be changed. I don't hold grudges, and I'm always willing to forgive and move on if those around me are willing stop the offending behavior - unlike say teal or pix.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Bingo.
                              Well - good to know you understand you role in all this. Oh - that isn't what you meant? Why, how silly of me to think you would be in the slightest concerned about your own actions and deeds producing the current situation.

See - you will think I am attacking you again. But hey - when a person who you once considered a friend is a person you constantly demean and criticize and mock and whose words you consistently twist and pervert, why do you suppose that would NOT produce bitterness over time?

Oh - I see, You think I'm the one doing those things. Right. I do suppose I am in some cases. But from where I sit, every time I do those things it is in response to you doing the same things.

Hmm - do you suppose maybe there is a solution? Of course, if I never reply to you harshly every again, without you owning any of your own part of the thing and continuing on, then it can be all better again.

Right.

Wrong. But I am always willing to start over CP. And each time I post on this website, I renew again my commitment to respond in as civil a fashion as I can no matter what you, or pix, or MM, or rogue, or whoever throws my way in terms of personal attack.

Every time CP. None of you is on my 'bad' list. None of you is a person I can't forgive, and anytime any of you wants to actually talk about a topic without hurling insults or snide sideways comments, I'm willing to proceed in kind.

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-03-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Well - good to know you understand you role in all this. Oh - that isn't what you meant? Why, how silly of me to think you would be in the slightest concerned about your own actions and deeds producing the current situation.
                                I dare say nothing further, because it will only be yet another attack that you can use as an excuse for your bitterness.

Comment