Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    You seem to be hanging on Schiff's utterances and treating it as gospel[1] so your claim is inherently suspect.






    1. Uncritically regurgitating every claim he's been spewing even when the most cursory look clearly reveals that he's lying
    Mostly rogue I'm repeating the testimony of those that have testified as to what they saw and heard. If that can be classified as what schiff is saying, then perhaps you should reassess your opinion of what schiff is saying.

    The reality is, I've paid little if any attention to schiff himself. My concern is what Trump did and what the witnesses are saying.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Mostly rogue I'm repeating the testimony of those that have testified as to what they saw and heard. If that can be classified as what schiff is saying, then perhaps you should reassess your opinion of what schiff is saying.

      The reality is, I've paid little if any attention to schiff himself. My concern is what Trump did and what the witnesses are saying.
      What they saw and heard was several times removed from the actual event. Remember how upset you got when I posted the opening lyrics from the REO Speedwagon song Take it on the Run?

      Heard it from a friend who
      Heard it from a friend who
      Heard it from another...


      As someone this week remarked:

      "Single hearsay is unreliable. Double hearsay is a joke. Triple hearsay is a farce. And quadrupel hearsay is slapstick and bufoonery"


      Well, that's exactly what these star "witnesses" did.

      For instance, as I previously pointed out in another thread:
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The "witnesses" could hardly be called witnesses. In one case there was something like four degrees of separation. George Kent said that he believed that there was quid pro quo because he heard it from William Taylor who heard it from Tim Morrison (who has denied Taylor's claim), who heard it from Sondland. And where did Sondland get it? He presumed that there was a quid pro quo despite Trump having explicitly told him that he wanted nothing in exchange and that there was no quid pro quo.

      That's real solid evidence that the TDS crowd is hanging their hat on.

      Your TDS is forcing you to willingly trash over 200 years of jurisprudence and readily accept twice, three times and even four times removed hearsay gossip as being valid all in the name of hating Trump.

      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        What they saw and heard was several times removed from the actual event. Remember how upset you got when I posted the opening lyrics from the REO Speedwagon song Take it on the Run?

        Heard it from a friend who
        Heard it from a friend who
        Heard it from another...


        As someone this week remarked:

        "Single hearsay is unreliable. Double hearsay is a joke. Triple hearsay is a farce. And quadrupel hearsay is slapstick and bufoonery"


        Well, that's exactly what these star "witnesses" did.

        For instance, as I previously pointed out in another thread:

        Your TDS is forcing you to willingly trash over 200 years of jurisprudence and readily accept twice, three times and even four times removed hearsay gossip as being valid all in the name of hating Trump.
        And the prayer chain! Jordan read it a couple times and I had to listen a couple more to even make sense of it.

        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


        "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

        My Personal Blog

        My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Mostly rogue I'm repeating the testimony of those that have testified as to what they saw and heard. If that can be classified as what schiff is saying, then perhaps you should reassess your opinion of what schiff is saying.

          The reality is, I've paid little if any attention to schiff himself. My concern is what Trump did and what the witnesses are saying.
          Which testimony was from someone that was there Oxmix none, oh! wait we have some from people who were their but they are telling different story then Lying Adam Schiffs story. sorry Oxmix, first hand direct testimony beats hearsay of hearsay of hearsay and someone complaining about how she was fired in any true court of law and for those who are Truthseekers.

          Tell me Oxmix why should I not assume you hate trump more then you love the truth when we have first hand evidence that actually contradicts the hearsay of hearsay of hearsay that you refuse to accept.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Congress didn't appropriate those funds under Obama...:
            He was too busy on his apology tour.
            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Pattern doesn't seem to have that same effect on you when it comes to Trump, CP.
              A) Trump has a pattern of being a jackass.
              2) I have a pattern of pointing out that Trump has a pattern of being a jackass.
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Pattern doesn't seem to have that same effect on you when it comes to Trump, CP.
                The only pattern I see are Democrats accusing Trump of crimes. However, evidence that Trump has actually committed crimes is in rather short supply to the point that Democrats don't really have any idea what to impeach him for. When they're testing their case in focus groups instead of the courtroom (or its nearest equivalent), you know they have nothing.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God


                From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  He was too busy on his apology tour.
                  IIRC, he didn't want it and facing a veto Congress didn't bother.

                  I'm always still in trouble again

                  "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    The only pattern I see are Democrats accusing Trump of crimes. However, evidence that Trump has actually committed crimes is in rather short supply to the point that Democrats don't really have any idea what to impeach him for. When they're testing their case in focus groups instead of the courtroom (or its nearest equivalent), you know they have nothing.
                    They also have a pattern of not being able to figure out what to call it or what to charge him with --- for that, they have to turn to focus groups.
                    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      IIRC, he didn't want it and facing a veto Congress didn't bother.
                      Another great story ruined by a possible alternative explanation!
                      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        IIRC, he didn't want it and facing a veto Congress didn't bother.
                        Er, what?

                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                        "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                        My Personal Blog

                        My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          Er, what?
                          "IIRC, he didn't want it and facing a veto Congress didn't bother."

                          How I understood it:

                          "If I recall correctly, he didn't want it, and since he was facing a potential veto from Congress anyway, he didn't bother asking."
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God


                          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            "IIRC, he didn't want it and facing a veto Congress didn't bother."

                            How I understood it:

                            "If I recall correctly, he didn't want it, and since he was facing a potential veto from Congress anyway, he didn't bother asking."
                            Okay - but for the record, Congress can't veto anything. The Senate can decline to confirm.

                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                            "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                            My Personal Blog

                            My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              A) Trump has a pattern of being a jackass.
                              2) I have a pattern of pointing out that Trump has a pattern of being a jackass.
                              Unfortunately, you also have a track record of defending a nontrivial subset of his jackassery.
                              He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

                              "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                A) Trump has a pattern of being a jackass.
                                2) I have a pattern of pointing out that Trump has a pattern of being a jackass.
                                Indeed. But this doesn't stop you and the rest of his base supporting him in order to get the goodies he has to offer. Such as the judiciary and his pandering to racism with a "big beautiful wall" and the warehousing of innocent children in filth and squalor etc. etc. etc.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Esther, Yesterday, 12:09 PM
                                31 responses
                                189 views
                                2 likes
                                Last Post Cerebrum123  
                                Started by Gondwanaland, 11-25-2020, 01:42 PM
                                50 responses
                                265 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Andius
                                by Andius
                                 
                                Started by Ronson, 11-25-2020, 11:16 AM
                                11 responses
                                93 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by Juvenal, 11-25-2020, 04:13 AM
                                14 responses
                                71 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Terraceth  
                                Started by shunyadragon, 11-24-2020, 06:20 PM
                                22 responses
                                140 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Working...
                                X