Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It was interesting seeing the "star witnesses" reluctantly agree that things in Ukraine are better under Trump than they were under Obama.
    They are not under Trump or Obama. Their government has gotten much better with zelensky who campaigned on a anti-corruption platform and appears to be trying to make good on that, despite the best efforts of Trump/Giulanni et al. But they have also been under attack from Russia and have lost many lives in that fight ... which was hindered by Trump's hold on the aid ... and so there is that.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      They are not under Trump or Obama.

Please forgive me for not being more explicit. Of course they are not "under Trump or Obama" in that manner, so I'll reword my sentence just for you.

It was interesting seeing the "star witnesses" reluctantly agree that things in Ukraine are better militarily working with the Trump administration than they were when working with the Obama administration.

Their government has gotten much better with zelensky who campaigned on a anti-corruption platform and appears to be trying to make good on that, despite the best efforts of Trump/Giulanni et al. But they have also been under attack from Russia and have lost many lives in that fight ... which was hindered by Trump's hold on the aid ... and so there is that.
      Trump Gave Ukraine What Obama Withheld

Happy?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They are not under Trump or Obama. Their government has gotten much better with zelensky who campaigned on a anti-corruption platform and appears to be trying to make good on that, despite the best efforts of Trump/Giulanni et al. But they have also been under attack from Russia and have lost many lives in that fight ... which was hindered by Trump's hold on the aid ... and so there is that.
        Spin spin spin...
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Is that what Obama meant when he told Putin that he'd have "more flexibility" after the election?

Comment

No pix. There are individuals involved, and with news organizations, literally thousands of them. So your generalizations, even if they have valid basis in fact, can't be tossed out to cover broad swaths as you have wrt the specific wrongdoing associated with Donald Trump.
            And yet, what you ignore is many of those in charge are corrupt. NBC and ABC didn’t squash their Epstein stories without it coming from its leaders and management and pointing out there’s thousands of individuals doesn’t magically make that detail go away. Of course, I know you’ll have a thousand excuses to excuse this away and for you to warp my words, so you can attack piles of straw, but do you deny that those in positions of power, at NBC and ABC, are corrupt? Yes or no because it appears those sitting at the wheel house, are pretty darn corrupt.

1) His actions are his own
            2) they are not mitigated by the fact others may have committed similar acts
            3) the actions of individual members of large organizations like the MSM cannot be extended w/o prejudice to all such members, or even most such members.
            More of your excuses, to hand wave away anything you don’t like. Are those in positions of power, in the MSM corrupt? What does the evidence say? Did they cover up and lie for a pedophile billionaire? Did they go after those exposing their cover up? Have they been caught, red handed, spreading fake and misleading stories?

Are any of these charges false? Yes or no?

The issue isn’t the thousands within, it is those in charge, are they corrupt?

Further, what I'm reacting to is not their interpretations of the facts, but the facts themselves. I'm observing the facts, and observing the reactions of the various news organizations and politicians to them. And while I would not claim any specific news outlet is 'completely unbiased' in their reporting, the fundamental issues are being reported most consistently in line with the facts as we have them by what you like to call 'the Main Stream Media', and the most irrational spin is being put on them by certain republicans and certain conservative news outlets - like brietbart.
            No you’re not Jim, they are playing you like a fiddle and you dance along because it tells you what you want to hear. The same people whining about Trump covered up the flat out rapes of a Hollywood elitist and bury stories involving a billionaire taking little girls for his rich and well connected friends. The same people doing this stuff are the ones telling you that the orange man is bad. Think about that for a second Jim.
            Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 11-14-2019, 09:23 AM.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Is that what Obama meant when he told Putin that he'd have "more flexibility" after the election?
              CNN Politics tries hard to "factcheck" a similar claim that Trump provided what Obama denied, but at the very bottom of their article, they begrudgingly admit....

The Trump administration did approve the provision of arms to Ukraine, including sniper rifles, rocket launchers and Javelin anti-tank missiles, something long sought by Kiev.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                And yet, what you ignore is many of those in charge are corrupt. NBC and ABC didn’t squash their Epstein stories without it coming from its leaders and management and pointing out there’s thousands of individuals doesn’t magically make that detail go away. Of course, I know you’ll have a thousand excuses to excuse this away and for you to warp my words, so you can attack piles of straw, but do you deny that those in positions of power, at NBC and ABC, are corrupt? Yes or no because it appears those sitting at the wheel house, are pretty darn corrupt.
                I'm not ignoring anything. If they are corrupt, they should be held accountable. OTOH, it doesn't affect the reliability of the facts I'm looking at as regards Trump's actions. They are coming from multiple independent sources - including the president - and they tend to say the same thing within the scope of their exposure to the events

IOW, We can evaluate the facts and sources as they relate to the Trump Ukraine scandal independently from whatever participation ABC/NBC may have had in delaying Donald's friend Epstein's conviction.

The rest of your post just isn't worth responding to at this point. If you can rephrase your points with out the hysteria, I'll reconsider replying to them.
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-14-2019, 10:18 AM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Spin spin spin...
                  facts, facts, facts. You seem to have the two terms (fact/spin) confused MM. The facts are the raw data, for lack of a better term. "Spin" is a process of selectively chosing and presenting a subset of the facts to cause them to appear to support an alternate conclusion from the one they actually tend to support by the rules of logic.

The facts include Trump allowing certain kinds of miltiary aid, but are also offset in terms of lives lost to the Russian conflict by his bargaining and withholding that aid. And what has made their lives better the last 3 years vs the previous 8 - assuming that is a fair assessment. Is it the direct and differing actions of the two US presidents, or is it more related to the transition to Zelensky and the ongoing (cross adminstration) efforts to help root out corruption that owe their origins to efforts by the Obama administration and before?

My reply is simply pointing out the facts you are leaving out of your 'spin' in order to paint the particular picture you want to paint.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-14-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

facts, facts, facts.
                    What you call "facts" is nothing more than second-hand hearsay at best, which is legally worthless, but you try to prop it up as compelling, and then when the real facts contradict your narrative -- for instance, the multiple first-hand sources within the Ukrainian government, including President Zelensky himself, saying that there was no pressure or bribery from the Trump administration -- you bend over backwards to dismiss it. In other words, spin.

Your perspective on anything to do with Trump is so warped that I'm not sure you'd recognize a straight fact if it was right in front of you.

Comment

What you call "facts" is nothing more than second-hand hearsay at best, which is legally worthless, but you try to prop it up as compelling, and then when the real facts contradict your narrative -- for instance, the multiple first-hand sources within the Ukrainian government, including President Zelensky himself, saying that there was no pressure or bribery from the Trump administration -- you bend over backwards to dismiss it. In other words, spin.

Your perspective on anything to do with Trump is so warped that I'm not sure you'd recognize a straight fact if it was right in front of you.
                      And again, failing to find a valid argument from the data, you resort to attacking the man.

Comment

And again, failing to find a valid argument...
                        I assure you, there is a valid argument in there, but I suspect you are deliberately not seeing it.

Comment

And again, failing to find a valid argument from the data, you resort to attacking the man.
                          Happens a lot on tweb. And as a result of this post some might provide even more statements to prove that point.
                          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            Happens a lot on tweb. And as a result of this post some might provide even more statements to prove that point.
                            Indeed. Some even deliberately attack by implication, avoiding names while making their target perfectly clear so they can deny doing any attacking while accusing others of doing the same.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• It sounds like Nancy is trying to prepare "walking back" room, claiming they don't even know if there's gonna be a vote on impeachment.

(heard on the radio while driving, looking for a source)

Comment

It sounds like Nancy is trying to prepare "walking back" room, claiming they don't even know if there's gonna be a vote on impeachment.

(heard on the radio while driving, looking for a source)
                                It wouldn't surprise me. After yesterday's debacle, Democrats would have to stick their necks out uncomfortably far to pass impeachment, especially with Senate Republicans saying they're going to be sticklers about rules of evidence.

Comment