Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How The AOC And Omar Endorsements Could Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Well, she may point to reasons other than herself, which as we all know, there are other reasons, particularly when taking into account that she is much more popular than Trump and won the majority by 3 MILLION votes. That doesn't mean she couldn't have done more, it just means that there were other reasons. There was the Russian interference, the 3rd party candidate, (Jill Stein) and of course the ridiculous electoral college.
    She was a terrible candidate who ran a horrible campaign, and ignored the very people her own husband told her were important.

No, I mean the Consumer Protection Bureau which protects consumers from the corrupt practices of corporate america.
    A) You said the ACA - which I assumed was the Affordable Care Act - you did not say the CPB.
    2) Yes, you also mentioned the "Consumer Protection Agency" which you then referred to as the "Consumer Protection Bureau", which might actually be the "Bureau of Consumer Protection". (just messing with you)
    C) Just out of curiosity, why do you capitalize proper names like those, including Russian, but so often don't capitalize America?

Then you are contradicting yourself when you implied it's all just promises.
    No contradiction at all, Jim. Trump wasn't a politician, so I rolled the dice that Trump would actually do what he said, and.... lo and behold -- he DID!!!

Because they are running against her, CP! What would you expect them to say. And I suppose the reason that she has avoided making it clear that taxes are involved is because the term (taxes) have become a dirty word and must be explained in detail for people to understand how their overall cost will go down. It's a class war, and the middle class and the poor have been losing that war for decades. The wealthy are going to start paying their fair share if any democrat is elected, even more so if Warren or Sanders are elected.
    That's one of the interesting things about the two-party system, Jim -- we get to see what the candidates REALLY think about each other, before they hold hands and sing kum bah yah and pretend to love each other.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, I mean the Consumer Protection Bureau which protects consumers from the corrupt practices of corporate america.
      Interestingly enough, this came across the wire today...

The Supreme Court Is Poised to Strike Down a Major Obama-Era Agency

I haven't studied it yet, but the descriptor line below the headline reads:

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau concentrates power in the hands of a single, unelected, unaccountable official.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The payment plan is obviously higher taxes, particularly on the ultra wealthy, which she has made clear over and over again, but the lower cost of healthcare will offset any small rise in middle class taxes. The only thing she hasn't done is to put out the exact specifics/details of the plan. No one has. And the FREE EVERTHING mantra is getting old, CP. We pay taxes to benefit society as a whole.
        But let's look at what she actually says....

Leaked Video Shows Elizabeth Warren Backing Away From Bernie’s Medicare for All Plan

We’ve got to find a way to get people into Medicare for All as quickly as we can.

So, it’s not that I have a plan that says we’re going to do this part and then we’re going to do this part and then we’re going to do this part. No, instead my plan is we’re going to get to a table like this. We’re going to make sure that everybody gets represented. We’re going to understand the urgency of the moment to get this solved with people who aren’t covered, and get ourselves on a path where everybody can get there and everybody can get covered at the lowest possible cost. That’s what Medicare for All is all about.

Kinda sounds like Nancy's, “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it”

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          She was a terrible candidate who ran a horrible campaign, and ignored the very people her own husband told her were important.
          Yes, CP, Hillary was so terrible that she garnered 3 million more votes than Trump. Boy, Trump must have been really horrible. I wonder how he pulled it off?

A) You said the ACA - which I assumed was the Affordable Care Act - you did not say the CPB.
          2) Yes, you also mentioned the "Consumer Protection Agency" which you then referred to as the "Consumer Protection Bureau", which might actually be the "Bureau of Consumer Protection". (just messing with you)
          C) Just out of curiosity, why do you capitalize proper names like those, including Russian, but so often don't capitalize America?
          Right, I mentioned both, as actions that politicians carry through on to counter your denial that politicians only make promises. The ACA was the most difficult piece of legislation I ever saw get passed. You not liking the ACA has nothing to do with that.

No contradiction at all, Jim. Trump wasn't a politician, so I rolled the dice that Trump would actually do what he said, and.... lo and behold -- he DID!!!
          Aha, so you are a Trump supporter, okay, so we can put that debate to rest. But, other than appoint conservative judges and cut taxes on the wealthy, what is it that you're appreciative of him for doing.

That's one of the interesting things about the two-party system, Jim -- we get to see what the candidates REALLY think about each other, before they hold hands and sing kum bah yah and pretend to love each other.
          Actually they all have the same goals, mostly, they just have differing ways of going about achieving them.

Comment