Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The obvious has been officially confirmed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And, again, you don't know about all the "behind the scenes" stuff, and neither do I. You're seeing exactly what you want to see, and I'm waiting for "the rest of the story".

I really don't have a dog in this fight, Jim - it is what it is, and the truth needs to come out, regardless of whether it helps or hurts Trump or anybody else.
    No, we do know, CP, and if you don't know by now, then you are either not paying attention, or you don't want to know or admit to it.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Do you think he would have pleaded guilty if he knew the evidence against him had been falsified, and that there was other evidence proving his innocence?
    If he knew the evidence was falsified, then he knew he was innocent and would not have pleaded guilty.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Then tell Barr that, because he doesn't seem to understand that. Doing the corrupt thing, (lying to the American people concerning the Mueller report, ignoring, and trying to cover up the whistleblower alert concerning Ukraine, involving himsself in a plot to extort a foriegn government)
    And, again, you don't know about all the "behind the scenes" stuff, and neither do I. You're seeing exactly what you want to see, and I'm waiting for "the rest of the story".

because you want him to, is not the same thing as doing the right thing.
    I really don't have a dog in this fight, Jim - it is what it is, and the truth needs to come out, regardless of whether it helps or hurts Trump or anybody else.

PS - I just got a new iPhone, and lost some of my contacts, so Barr is no longer on my speed-dial.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    There's a WHOLE LOT of assumin' goin' on there, ff.

Barr needs to do what's right, whether it benefits Putin or not.
    Then tell Barr that, because he doesn't seem to understand that. Doing the corrupt thing, (lying to the American people concerning the Mueller report, ignoring, and trying to cover up the whistleblower alert concerning Ukraine, involving himsself in a plot to extort a foriegn government) because you want him to, is not the same thing as doing the right thing.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    You know what you do when your threatened, you cooperate, you don't plead guilty if you're innocent. Flynn pleaded guilty because he knew the Feds had the goods on him, not because he was framed. You've got to be a real tin foil hat rube to believe that the entire U.S. Intel conspired to overturn an election.
    Actually, Jim, stranger things have happened, and you don't know all the background on this, and neither do I.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    You know what you do when your threatened, you cooperate, you don't plead guilty if you're innocent. Flynn pleaded guilty because he knew the Feds had the goods on him, not because he was framed. You've got to be a real tin foil hat rube to believe that the entire U.S. Intel conspired to overturn an election.
    Do you think he would have pleaded guilty if he knew the evidence against him had been falsified, and that there was other evidence proving his innocence?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    We've been watching for some time now, CP, it's just that some of you refuse to see.
    It's a dynamic situation, Jim - some things are actually changing. Stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    It's not rare at all for that to happen in "copping a plea", when it looks like you might not win a bigger issue. Sometimes, however, that "bigger issue" gets new factors (new evidence comes to light, exculpatory evidence was suppressed, etc) and the 'need' to plead guilty evaporates.

How bout we watch how this unfolds?
    We've been watching for some time now, CP, it's just that some of you refuse to see.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    When did you come to the realization that all of the U.S Intel agencies were corrupt, MM? Wasn't when Trump told it was so was it? Lemming!
    I never said "all of the U.S Intel agencies were corrupt", but there is clearly some serious rot inside them that needs to be cut out.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Or you plead guilty because you've been framed, and you and your family are threatened with financial ruin if you don't cooperate. You need to pay attention, Jimmy, because that's exactly what happened, and Attorney Powell has the evidence to prove it. But you don't have to take my word for it. Follow the links I helpfully provided in previous posts and look at the facts for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    You think cleaning up the corruption in our intelligence services somehow serves Putin's interests more than a criminal conspiracy to run a duly elected president out of office?
    When did you come to the realization that all of the U.S Intel agencies were corrupt, MM? Wasn't when Trump told it was so was it? Lemming!

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    It happens.

Yes, it's not civil and it's not criminal. It's entirely political. It is a process initiated by politicians against a politician (in the case of POTUS) judged by politicians, using rules created by politicians, for political reasons, with political considerations directing the path.

Entirely political.
    No, CP, and we both know that's not what you meant. What you implied was that the process itself has nothing to do with actual crimes taking place, that it has only to do with politics. Entirely political! Now you're just being disingenuous.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    The Texas Ranger Motto -- "Always do what's right and accept the consequences".

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Random observation, but isn't it funny how these kinds of threads always seem to move in the opposite direction of their intent? This one started out claiming that we have proof positive of quid pro quo, but as we've taken a closer look at the testimony and evidence being presented, it turns out the opposite is true, and come to find out, certain members of the Obama administration are in this thing up to their necks!
    Because they start with a "we hate Trump, therefore, he MUST be guilty...."

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Random observation, but isn't it funny how these kinds of threads always seem to move in the opposite direction of their intent? This one started out claiming that we have proof positive of quid pro quo, but as we've taken a closer look at the testimony and evidence being presented, it turns out the opposite is true, and come to find out, certain members of the Obama administration are in this thing up to their necks!

Leave a comment: