Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The obvious has been officially confirmed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    My dear Jimmy, you might want to understand why they are down. Some companies are expecting a recession to hit in the next few years and are preparing for it by holding on to cash,in case it happens.
    Don't ever become a defense lawyer, lilpix. The supposed purpose, and end goal, of Trumps big corporate tax cut, was that business would invest that money back into the economy raising the GDP. They didn't do that, the money basically went into their pockets and the GDP came in at 1.9%, not the 4, 5, and even 6% that Trump boasted of.

What did Trump tell me Jimmy because I didnÂ’t pay attention because IÂ’m not obsessed with Trump, the way you are.
    Comprehension, lilpix, comprehension. I didn't say that Trump told you, (you must be Trump obsessed) I said "so you've been told" in response to your assertion that democrats plans will "raise your taxes through the roof."

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    The fringe took hold of your party a long time ago, CP.
    I honestly believed you could hold your pledge to be an adult, Jim. You know full well that the Republican Party is not "my party".

I think they were calling themselves the Tea Party at the time. Now they're pretty much just Trumps cool aid party.
    Perhaps you could take that up with them.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I've never seen the fringe of a party take such hold of the party in general, to the extent that even the media is cheering them on with their extreme leftist agenda. Again, I work with lots of Democrats in our faith-based mission outreach, and I have YET to talk to one who is thrilled about the Democratic Party's "new" direction.
    The fringe took hold of your party a long time ago, CP. I think they were calling themselves the Tea Party at the time. Now they're pretty much just Trumps cool aid party.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    Exactly. It might take a generational shift for the Democrats to find themselves again. But we'll see, politics is hard to predict except in the short term, though I do believe the Republicans are going to hold it for the next election and maybe even the next election cycle again.
    I've never seen the fringe of a party take such hold of the party in general, to the extent that even the media is cheering them on with their extreme leftist agenda. Again, I work with lots of Democrats in our faith-based mission outreach, and I have YET to talk to one who is thrilled about the Democratic Party's "new" direction.

Leave a comment:

• Leonhard
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The biggest problem with their messaging is that they haven't given a good reason for anybody to actually vote for them. It's all been "Don't vote for Trump! Don't vote for Trump!" Okay, so who should we vote for?
    Exactly. It might take a generational shift for the Democrats to find themselves again. But we'll see, politics is hard to predict except in the short term, though I do believe the Republicans are going to hold it for the next election and maybe even the next election cycle again.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Well, assuming some element of my position is wrong, I'm not likely to learn it from a crazy, wild-eyed, foaming at the mouth, every post is an attack on who I am person.

It’s obvious you won’t learn from anything anyone says because you’re mind is already made up, don’t confuse you with the facts.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Keep those eyes, ears, and mind slammed shut. You wouldn’t want to let in the possibility you might not be right, in.
    Well, assuming some element of my position is wrong, I'm not likely to learn it from a crazy, wild-eyed, foaming at the mouth, every post is an attack on who I am person.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    whatever you say pix.
    Keep those eyes, ears, and mind slammed shut. You wouldn’t want to let in the possibility you might not be right, in.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    You’re gaslighting to avoid the uncomfortable truth of your inability to view anything Trump related, through an objective lens. Nobody cares about how large the crowd was, but your own obsession with anything Trump says or does has to be viewed through the lens that he is the most evil person that has ever lived and many of those that might try to reason with you or bother are turned off by your insanity. OBP told you the same thing I’m telling you now. How many people need to repeat it till you understand that the problem sits with you and your inability to be rational on all things Trump?
    whatever you say pix.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    So you've been told. What you ought to do is look see the rising debt under Trump at a time when there is no need for it and has done nothing for the economy as a whole. Btw, corporate investment is way down, the 3rd quarter GDP just came in at, I believe, !.9%. Didn't Trump tell you it would be 4 to 5%. So much for the tax cuts for the wealthy, the trickle down theory. Fooled ya'll again.
    My dear Jimmy, you might want to understand why they are down. Some companies are expecting a recession to hit in the next few years and are preparing for it by holding on to cash, in case it happens. What did Trump tell me Jimmy because I didn’t pay attention because I’m not obsessed with Trump, the way you are.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Now you've really wondered off into who knows where. 1) I said that no one involved in that debate owned up to how insanely stupid the Trump side of it was - which is a simple fact. 2) I was not trying to debate it again. I was saying the the position staked out by MM in that debate is so absurd, so inanely stupid that it means his capacity to reason objectively can't be trusted, and so I do not trust his capacity to reason objectively.

You are almost incoherent at this point pix. I'm concerned for you.
    You’re gaslighting to avoid the uncomfortable truth of your inability to view anything Trump related, through an objective lens. Nobody cares about how large the crowd was, but your own obsession with anything Trump says or does has to be viewed through the lens that he is the most evil person that has ever lived and many of those that might try to reason with you or bother are turned off by your insanity. OBP told you the same thing I’m telling you now. How many people need to repeat it till you understand that the problem sits with you and your inability to be rational on all things Trump?

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    While spending their days dodging the fact all their grand plans will cost trillions and raise taxes through the roof.
    So you've been told. What you ought to do is look see the rising debt under Trump at a time when there is no need for it and has done nothing for the economy as a whole. Btw, corporate investment is way down, the 3rd quarter GDP just came in at, I believe, !.9%. Didn't Trump tell you it would be 4 to 5%. So much for the tax cuts for the wealthy, the trickle down theory. Fooled ya'll again.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    And there’s your gaslighting again because what I said is true and you have no response. Look at you on this crowd size thing, you act as though not wanting to spend your time debating such a silly thing is enemies at the gate and opening the floodgates to every kind of evil. You’re obsessed, and to an unhealthy degree at that. Everyone sees it, but you.
    Now you've really wondered off into who knows where. 1) I said that no one involved in that debate owned up to how insanely stupid the Trump side of it was - which is a simple fact. 2) I was not trying to debate it again. I was saying the the position staked out by MM in that debate is so absurd, so inanely stupid that it means his capacity to reason objectively can't be trusted, and so I do not trust his capacity to reason objectively.

You are almost incoherent at this point pix. I'm concerned for you.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    The biggest problem is Trump, and the need to get the lawless authoritarian out of the White house. But you musn't have watched the debates, impeaching Trump was rarely even mentioned. The Democrat candidates can walk and chew gum at the same time even if you can't keep up with them. It's the same with the House Impeachment investigation, even though that's all you hear about the House has passed much legislation on to the do nothing Senate.
    While spending their days dodging the fact all their grand plans will cost trillions and raise taxes through the roof.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    That is your own particular madness pix. When I am addressing Trump, I am almost always addressing a specific action or event. Most of time when I talk about Trump in generalities, it is a response to someone like yourself launching themselves into orbit and making general accusations as to why I am bringing up a particular thing Trump is doing that is a problem. You see, what you can't see is that when I raise an issue about something Trump is doing, it is the thing he is doing and its consequences that is prompting me to say something - not the fact it is Trump doing it. Of course, the fact Trump is POTUS brings what he is doing into the public view far more often than someone else, and as POTUS he has the capacity to do things that affect far more people than most. But again, that is not because of Trump, but because he is POTUS. So what you need to wrap your head around Pix is that if the things he is doing were not bad, I would not be talking about Trump. And the simple fact is, if Donald Trump were to suddenly become a decent human being and start using the office of POTUS to doing truly good things and stop doing all the bad things, what you would hear out of me about him would also change.

It is the 'something Trump is doing' that brings me into these discussions, not that it is 'Trump doing something'.
    And there’s your gaslighting again because what I said is true and you have no response. Look at you on this crowd size thing, you act as though not wanting to spend your time debating such a silly thing is enemies at the gate and opening the floodgates to every kind of evil. You’re obsessed, and to an unhealthy degree at that. Everyone sees it, but you.

Leave a comment: