Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The obvious has been officially confirmed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That you consider the plain facts to be a delusion shows just how disconnected from reality you really are.
    That you consider your delusions the plain facts is beyond simple disconnection from reality.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      That you consider your delusions the plain facts is beyond simple disconnection from reality.
      Okay, so what evidence is there that Trump committed a crime? And I mean real evidence that would stand up in court and not your speculation about motives and intent that you mistake for evidence.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And you have the right to your opinion
        So do you, but not to your own facts. You have this tendency to insert your opinions into the facts and try to present them as all fact, when they are not.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          So do you, but not to your own facts. You have this tendency to insert your opinions into the facts and try to present them as all fact, when they are not.
          Correct, there is no such thing as 'my own facts' or 'alternate facts'. (remembering that this particular Trumpian disinformational mantra originated with Kellyanne Conway during the inauguration crowd size fiasco). There are THE facts. and there is fiction, delusion, disinformation etc.

I stick to THE actual facts Pix. You can feel free to stick with the conspiracy sites and roll with Trump's fake news mantras so as to isolate yourself from the actual facts - I can't control that -but it carries with it significant cost to you and ultimately to the nation.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Correct, there is no such thing as 'my own facts' or 'alternate facts'. (remembering that this particular Trumpian disinformational mantra originated with Kellyanne Conway during the inauguration crowd size fiasco). There are THE facts. and there is fiction, delusion, disinformation etc.

I stick to THE actual facts Pix. You can feel free to stick with the conspiracy sites and roll with Trump's fake news mantras so as to isolate yourself from the actual facts - I can't control that -but it carries with it significant cost to you and ultimately to the nation.
            There is, however, the propensity we have, because of our own biases, to select WHICH facts we embrace - and I think a lot of that happens here.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Okay, so what evidence is there that Trump committed a crime? And I mean real evidence that would stand up in court and not your speculation about motives and intent that you mistake for evidence.
              Given the 1000+ signatures from former prosecutors referencing the evidence presented in the Mueller report, you could start there.

https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statem...s-8ab7691c2aa1

Jim

Comment

No you don’t Jim. You take the facts and insert your own opinion into them and try to pass off the entire thing as ‘just the facts’ when it isn’t. You’re just too blinded by your 24/7 ‘get Trump’ mentality to notice. In a way, you’re acting very much like JM or Jorge does in natural science. Difference is political science isn’t as hard science as physics and biology, so it’s easier to get away with it and be none the wiser.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  There is, however, the propensity we have, because of our own biases, to select WHICH facts we embrace - and I think a lot of that happens here.
                  I agree that is a lot of what happens here. And without declaring myself somehow immune(which I know I am not), I can say with absolute certainty that the extent to which it happens when attempting to defend or support Donald Trump exceeds all others by an order of magnitude (at least).

Comment

No you don’t Jim. You take the facts and insert your own opinion into them and try to pass off the entire thing as ‘just the facts’ when it isn’t. You’re just too blinded by your 24/7 ‘get Trump’ mentality to notice. In a way, you’re acting very much like JM or Jorge does in natural science. Difference is political science isn’t as hard science as physics and biology, so it’s easier to get away with it and be none the wiser.
                    That is your opinion - and until you offer objective evidence that show it to be more than just your opinion - that is ALL it is.

Again pix, you can't just rant if you want to make an actual point. You need evidence that is factual and which logically supports your opinion.

Jim

Comment

Given the 1000+ signatures from former prosecutors referencing the evidence presented in the Mueller report, you could start there.

https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statem...s-8ab7691c2aa1

Jim
                      Who cares? Some of these guys left government work when my parents where in grade school. They are not involved in the case and their opinions mean no more than yours or mine. It’s simply a cheap and dishonest way to raise ones opinion to meaning more than it does.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That is your opinion - and until you offer objective evidence that show it to be more than just your opinion - that is ALL it is.

Again pix, you can't just rant if you want to make an actual point. You need evidence that is factual and which logically supports your opinion.

Jim
                        I have pointed out your biasness time and time again, only to watch you make excuse after excuse for it. Look right here where you try to pass off some signatures as some sort of big deal, when none of these people are involved in the case. Rod Rosenstein signed off, with Barr, on his letter to Congress and agreeded with Barr. Those are the opinions that matter, not the opinions of people that are not on the case and have no more access than you or I. The fact congress didn’t try to impeach him, based on the Miller report, says a lot too. Those are the facts and your opinion is noted and dismissed. Stop trying to win a nearly 3 year ago election.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Who cares? Some of these guys left government work when my parents where in grade school. They are not involved in the case and their opinions mean no more than yours or mine. It’s simply a cheap and dishonest way to raise ones opinion to meaning more than it does.
                          Of course the opinion of former federal prosecutors on the legal veracity of a set of evidence carries far more weight than mine or most people in the USA. They didn't obtain those offices because they had a math or comp-sci degree and worked in industry. They got there because they had mastered their capabilities and understanding in the field of Law. And while a few such people might be game for placing their reputations on the line for a cheap stunt, most would not be. And unless you at a bare minimum have a law degree and have practiced law, what you just said above would be a clear indication you don't know enough to know how unqualified you are to make such a statement.

Comment

I have pointed out your biasness time and time again, only to watch you make excuse after excuse for it. Look right here where you try to pass off some signatures as some sort of big deal, when none of these people are involved in the case. Rod Rosenstein signed off, with Barr, on his letter to Congress and agreeded with Barr. Those are the opinions that matter, not the opinions of people that are not on the case and have no more access than you or I. The fact congress didn’t try to impeach him, based on the Miller report, says a lot too. Those are the facts and your opinion is noted and dismissed. Stop trying to win a nearly 3 year ago election.
                            You have railed against me with irrational diatribes more times than I can count. But the number of times you've actually presented evidence is so small by comparison I can only count 3 or 4 from memory.

"The fact Congress didn't try to impeach him" ... and what exactly are they doing now? The question of impeachment has been out there quite some time now, and was in fact suggested by Mueller in the report itself.

Impeachment - given the rift in our country right now - is an truly extraordinary step not to be taken lightly. Nixon resigned rather than put the country through it. And we have had nutcases on this very site suggest civil war might be a possible outcome. So you should not place a great deal of weight on how long it has taken to get to this point when trying to claim Trump has not committed impeachable offences. He has committed many. But to actually impeach him and remove him is no trivial matter.

Jim

Comment

Of course the opinion of former federal prosecutors on the legal veracity of a set of evidence carries far more weight than mine or most people in the USA. They didn't obtain those offices because they had a math or comp-sci degree and worked in industry. They got there because they had mastered their capabilities and understanding in the field of Law. And while a few such people might be game for placing their reputations on the line for a cheap stunt, most would not be. And unless you at a bare minimum have a law degree and have practiced law, what you just said above would be a clear indication you don't know what you don't know.
                              Are they involved in the case? No, so yes Jim, there opinion means very little because they are not privy to the inside details that those actively working the case are. It’s like quoting the opinion of a scientist that hasn’t worked in his field, for 30 years. The opinions that matter are those who actively worked the case. Muller couldn’t list a single crime Trump committed. That’s a fact. Barr and Rosenstein signed off and agreed with the opinion of not enough evidence. That is a fact. Congress is not perusing impeachment for the contents found inside the Muller Report. That’s a fact. The media has gone silent on the contents of the Muller report. That is a fact. When both friends and enemies of Trump are doing the same thing, that’s worth something. I don’t care what the opinion is of a DA that last served as a DA 40+ years ago. Reality: there is no crime within the pages of the Muller report. Face it and stop hiding from the same reality you accuse your opponents of doing.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You have railed against me with irrational diatribes more times than I can count. But the number of times you've actually presented evidence is so small by comparison I can only count 3 or 4 from memory.

"The fact Congress didn't try to impeach him" ... and what exactly are they doing now? The question of impeachment has been out there quite some time now, and was in fact suggested by Mueller in the report itself.

Impeachment - given the rift in our country right now - is an truly extraordinary step not to be taken lightly. Nixon resigned rather than put the country through it. And we have had nutcases on this very site suggest civil war might be a possible outcome. So you should not place a great deal of weight on how long it has taken to get to this point when trying to claim Trump has not committed impeachable offences. He has committed many. But to actually impeach him and remove him is no trivial matter.

Jim
                                I have presented plenty Jim, you’re just too full of yourself to ever admit you’re wrong. It’s rather simple, are those involved with the Muller report trying to impeach? Yes or no?
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment