Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The obvious has been officially confirmed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

(Although I think he's wrong about Page. It seems she was smart enough to take a deal early in exchange for ratting out her co-conspirators.)
    Why are you so keen to see your own country’s security services attacked for Putin’s benefit? If Barr succeeds in muddying the waters of the Mueller investigation, Putin wins big time again. Where do your loyalties lie?
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
      Why are you so keen to see your own country’s security services attacked for Putin’s benefit? If Barr succeeds in muddying the waters of the Mueller investigation, Putin wins big time again. Where do your loyalties lie?
      You think cleaning up the corruption in our intelligence services somehow serves Putin's interests more than a criminal conspiracy to run a duly elected president out of office?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Sorry about that, I must have had an episode of dyslexia.
        It happens.

Post #106, in reply to NirrinRadd, you asserted that it, this impeachment process, was entirely political.
        Yes, it's not civil and it's not criminal. It's entirely political. It is a process initiated by politicians against a politician (in the case of POTUS) judged by politicians, using rules created by politicians, for political reasons, with political considerations directing the path.

Entirely political.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          If he’s not careful, Barr is going to end up behind bars!

This will rumble on for while until Putin gets what he wants. The US has gone full on banana republic.
          You are amusing, ff.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Remember that Flynn has already pleaded guilty to his crimes.
            It's not rare at all for that to happen in "copping a plea", when it looks like you might not win a bigger issue. Sometimes, however, that "bigger issue" gets new factors (new evidence comes to light, exculpatory evidence was suppressed, etc) and the 'need' to plead guilty evaporates.

How bout we watch how this unfolds?

Comment

Why are you so keen to see your own country’s security services attacked for Putin’s benefit?
              There's a WHOLE LOT of assumin' goin' on there, ff.

If Barr succeeds in muddying the waters of the Mueller investigation, Putin wins big time again. Where do your loyalties lie?
              Barr needs to do what's right, whether it benefits Putin or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                What they're not taking into account is that what's good for the US may also happen to be good for Russia. That it might benefit a foreign government is no reason to ignore the criminal activity of our own.

Comment

What they're not taking into account is that what's good for the US may also happen to be good for Russia.
                  That happens, and it's stupid to cut off our nose to spite our face in that regard.

That it might benefit a foreign government is no reason to ignore the criminal activity of our own.
                  The Texas Ranger Motto -- "Always do what's right and accept the consequences".

Comment

There's a WHOLE LOT of assumin' goin' on there, ff.

Barr’s idea of what’s right is what’s most helpful to his criminal boss, as we have seen most recently with the whistle-blower complaint that he spiked. It very nearly did not see the light of day.

As you say, we must patiently watch what happens. I suggest you keep a look out for big Vlad smirks and gales of laughter.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Barr’s idea of what’s right is what’s most helpful to his criminal boss...
                      What I love about you, ff, is your incredible ability to be fair and unbiased with absolutely no hint whatsoever of prejudice.

Comment

• Random observation, but isn't it funny how these kinds of threads always seem to move in the opposite direction of their intent? This one started out claiming that we have proof positive of quid pro quo, but as we've taken a closer look at the testimony and evidence being presented, it turns out the opposite is true, and come to find out, certain members of the Obama administration are in this thing up to their necks!

Comment

Random observation, but isn't it funny how these kinds of threads always seem to move in the opposite direction of their intent? This one started out claiming that we have proof positive of quid pro quo, but as we've taken a closer look at the testimony and evidence being presented, it turns out the opposite is true, and come to find out, certain members of the Obama administration are in this thing up to their necks!
                          Because they start with a "we hate Trump, therefore, he MUST be guilty...."

Comment

The Texas Ranger Motto -- "Always do what's right and accept the consequences".

Comment

It happens.

Yes, it's not civil and it's not criminal. It's entirely political. It is a process initiated by politicians against a politician (in the case of POTUS) judged by politicians, using rules created by politicians, for political reasons, with political considerations directing the path.

Entirely political.
                              No, CP, and we both know that's not what you meant. What you implied was that the process itself has nothing to do with actual crimes taking place, that it has only to do with politics. Entirely political! Now you're just being disingenuous.

Comment

You think cleaning up the corruption in our intelligence services somehow serves Putin's interests more than a criminal conspiracy to run a duly elected president out of office?
                                When did you come to the realization that all of the U.S Intel agencies were corrupt, MM? Wasn't when Trump told it was so was it? Lemming!

Comment