Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Country X Warming Twice as Fast as Global Average!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country X Warming Twice as Fast as Global Average!

Let's play a game. Pick a search engine and type in "warming faster than Global Average". Report the first page only.

DDG returns the Adirondacks, Europe, the Red Sea, China Russia and the Arctic.

Try variations like "warming twice as fast as Global Average"

DDG gets Canada, the Rockies, Russia and Alaska

Specify a country - yep, Austria gets Europe and the Alps cooking.

So the ENTIRE Northern Hemisphere is somehow warming faster than the global average?!

Video about it here.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Teallaura, you would make a really rubbish sleuth. That can’t be it, obviously. I would rather not dig into it but I do think you should make a bit more effort to understand what is going on.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Teallaura, you would make a really rubbish sleuth. That can’t be it, obviously. I would rather not dig into it but I do think you should make a bit more effort to understand what is going on.
      FF2, you're an idiot. You can't even tell which fora we're in, let alone figure out what's being argued.

Dunce. Get the coloring book and see if you can figure it out.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

If this keeps happening, the temperature will be rising 1000 times faster after we add up all the 2x factors.

I thought this topic was going to be about the temperature rising primarily in cities that have become more populated. The main temperature rise is due to measurements in these growing cities. The fix to global warming would be to reduce city size by having all these people move to rural areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          FF2, you're an idiot. You can't even tell which fora we're in, let alone figure out what's being argued.

Dunce. Get the coloring book and see if you can figure it out.
          Don’t bother getting all excited with me. Not while I’m giving you such good advice, gratis and for nothing.

OK then, if you insist, I will look into it and see if I can help out. It’ll turn out to be a muddle about definitions.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            If this keeps happening, the temperature will be rising 1000 times faster after we add up all the 2x factors.

I thought this topic was going to be about the temperature rising primarily in cities that have become more populated. The main temperature rise is due to measurements in these growing cities. The fix to global warming would be to reduce city size by having all these people move to rural areas.
            Isn't that sort of like the old joke about the guy who heard that the majority of car accidents happen within two-miles of one's home, so he moved to a new house ten miles away, just to be safe?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Isn't that sort of like the old joke about the guy who heard that the majority of car accidents happen within two-miles of one's home, so he moved to a new house ten miles away, just to be safe?
              The similarity would occur if the man moved from a city with erratic cars and many accidents because of this. But if the guy moved to a rural area, there would not be a tendency to have so many accidents.

I was a bit off on my analogy since it is all the cement and buildings that cause the increased temperature readings. So, the cement would have to be reduced ... and people would have to stop repositioning the thermometers to higher heated zones.

Comment

Let's play a game. Pick a search engine and type in "warming faster than Global Average". Report the first page only.

DDG returns the Adirondacks, Europe, the Red Sea, China Russia and the Arctic.

Try variations like "warming twice as fast as Global Average"

DDG gets Canada, the Rockies, Russia and Alaska

Specify a country - yep, Austria gets Europe and the Alps cooking.

So the ENTIRE Northern Hemisphere is somehow warming faster than the global average?!

Video about it here.
                That is ... just sooooooo stupid it is hard to imagine anyone thinking that means something.

And yet - here we are.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Or the guy who heard that most home accidents happen in the bathtub, so he decided to never go there?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    Don’t bother getting all excited with me. Not while I’m giving you such good advice, gratis and for nothing.

OK then, if you insist, I will look into it and see if I can help out. It’ll turn out to be a muddle about definitions.
                    If you don't like a tone, don't set it.

It can't be 'muddled definitions' - it's freaking obviously screwed up reporting.

Only a pretty dumb detective would try to defend 'science' when the issue is blatantly in 'journalism', (the dumb detective would be you). Unless you suspect scientists of releasing this nonsense?

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Or search engines that rewrite headlines!!!...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

If you don't like a tone, don't set it.

It can't be 'muddled definitions' - it's freaking obviously screwed up reporting.

Only a pretty dumb detective would try to defend 'science' when the issue is blatantly in 'journalism', (the dumb detective would be you). Unless you suspect scientists of releasing this nonsense?

Or search engines that rewrite headlines!!!...

Ah! I see your point; dodgy headlines and so on. You are making such good sense, I’m starting to feel giddy.

You and everyone else know that headlines are written to grab the readers attention and very often have only a very tenuous link to the substance of the story.

Comment

I blame journalists who want to fetch headline grabbing news. The global average changes very slowly in comparison to day to day, or week to week changes.

The warming that happens between 8:00am and 2:00pm is hundreds of times faster than the global average.

So basically those headlines are garbage unless some statement is made about how the data is gathered, and what time span is covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          I blame journalists who want to fetch headline grabbing news. The global average changes very slowly in comparison to day to day, or week to week changes.

The warming that happens between 8:00am and 2:00pm is hundreds of times faster than the global average.

So basically those headlines are garbage unless some statement is made about how the data is gathered, and what time span is covers.

No! Really?!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

No! Really?!

I'm honestly not sure if you expected me to say anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              I'm honestly not sure if you expected me to say anything else.
                              Nah - just giving you a hard time, Cap't Obvious!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment