Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are These People Freaking Nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are These People Freaking Nuts?

Let me get this right, we have to transfer this traitor so "it" can get hormone therapy to grow boobs - and all on our dime?

JEDDAH, May 14 (Reuters) - The U.S. military is considering options for the detention of a transgender soldier who is serving 35 years in prison for turning over secret files to WikiLeaks and has requested hormone therapy, including moving the private to a civilian prison, the Pentagon said on Wednesday.

The Associated Press on Wednesday reported that defense officials were trying to transfer Chelsea Manning, who seeks to live as a woman, to a civilian prison to facilitate that treatment.
    Last edited by seer; 05-14-2014, 11:03 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

There needs to be an "OK, that's just WAY OVER THE TOP" court to which we can appeal when stuff gets this wacky.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      There needs to be an "OK, that's just WAY OVER THE TOP" court to which we can appeal when stuff gets this wacky.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Let me get this right, we have to transfer this traitor so "it" can get hormone therapy to grow boobs - and all on our dime?
        Seer, FYI, As much as I vehemently disagree with Transgenderism, I am sickened by the way you refer to "him" as an it. The person in question is a he, and will remain a he. I do not believe however that the American people's tax dollars should be forced to pay for such hormonal therapy as it is dangerous, and risks multiple side effects. Unfortunately the cult of selfishness would have one believe that nothing is harmful at all....
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Back in the day Manning would have already been executed so there would be no need for hormone therapy...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            Seer, FYI, As much as I vehemently disagree with Transgenderism, I am sickened by the way you refer to "him" as an it. The person in question is a he, and will remain a he.
            Well "he" thinks of himself as a "she." My "it" just reflects this ambiguity. He/she is still a human being.

Comment

Seer, FYI, As much as I vehemently disagree with Transgenderism, I am sickened by the way you refer to "him" as an it. The person in question is a he, and will remain a he. I do not believe however that the American people's tax dollars should be forced to pay for such hormonal therapy as it is dangerous, and risks multiple side effects. Unfortunately the cult of selfishness would have one believe that nothing is harmful at all....
              I didn't notice that part. I have to agree with you that saying that is definitely disrespectful.

Comment

Prisoners should only get basic healthcare, medications, and surgeries. Not what I would call "elective procedures" -- Heck even my own health insurance doesn't cover elective stuff. Why should someone who is being punished in prison?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Prisoners should only get basic healthcare, medications, and surgeries. Not what I would call "elective procedures" -- Heck even my own health insurance doesn't cover elective stuff. Why should someone who is being punished in prison?

We need the amen button back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Shoot I can't even get my stomach muscle's repaired despite the fact that it would keep me from needing a certain type of back therapy. Its considered too "cosmetic" at this point.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Shoot I can't even get my stomach muscle's repaired despite the fact that it would keep me from needing a certain type of back therapy. Its considered too "cosmetic" at this point.
                      Then there is the fight to get them to pay for my necessary dental procedures(cleaning teeth is much more difficult when you have full body RSD). Despite the fact that it is indeed medically necessary, and we have letters from my neurologist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                        Then there is the fight to get them to pay for my necessary dental procedures(cleaning teeth is much more difficult when you have full body RSD). Despite the fact that it is indeed medically necessary, and we have letters from my neurologist.
                        need anesthetic?
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

need anesthetic?

And it needs to be done with more than one visit. I can only handle so much in one day. Since it had been years since I had been to a dentist for a cleaning, it took 4 visits. It should be considerably less than that now though.

Comment

If people took treason seriously like they should this would be a non-issue.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              we have to transfer this traitor so "it"
                              He, Seer. He's a he. A person. Don't even play with that as a rhetoric. You're a prolifer, and the number one crime of that starts abortion and euthanasia and other related crimes against humanity is dehumanization. I don't care how much of a criminal or traitor you consider him. He's a human, and he bears the ineffable image of God.

Next to Christ Himself its the second holiest thing that exists in this world.

Same goes for the ones either considering, going through or have gone through Hormone Replacement Therapy in a vain pursuit of something unnatural. They're fully humans as well.

I'm actually angry with you about this, this is just not cool. Not even for rhetorics. I don't care what excuse you're going to try to write about it.
                              Last edited by Leonhard; 05-14-2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment