Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Yet ANOTHER Whistleblower!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I could.
    Then please do.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Then please do.
      Another time, perhaps.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        We are in Trumpworld now. You cannot defeat a lying bully with gentility.
        Where has this "gentility" on the part of the left been.

Was it when Democrat politicians like Mad Max[ine] Waters (D-CA) demanded that people "create a crowd and you push back" against Republicans wherever and whenever you see them, calling for in-your-face confrontations as well as encouraging people to mob and harass Trump Administration officials[1]?

Was it when presidential hopeful Sen. Cory "I am Spartacus" Booker (D-NJ) was likewise urging liberal advocates to "get up in the face of some congresspeople"?

Was it when Hillary Clinton was declaring that Democrats will not be civil to Republicans unless they regain power (almost a veiled threat)?

Was it when Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) was urging supporters to "be ready to throw a punch - for the children"?

Was it when Senator Jon Tester (D-MT) said that he wanted to "punch Trump in face"?

Was it when Barack "argue with your neighbors. Get in their face" Obama's Vice President and current presidential aspirant Joe Biden fantasizing about how he would "beat the hell out of" Trump if they were in High School?

Was it when Barack "punch back twice as hard" Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder mocked the former first lady Michelle Obama's actual call for civility when he told supporters, "Michelle always says, ‘When they go low, we go high.’ No. No. When they go low, we kick them," he said, adding, "That’s what this Democratic Party’s about"?

Was it when Hillary's running mate, Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), told MSNBC's Morning Joe co-host Mika Brzezinski that Democrats needed to "fight in the streets" in order to combat the Trump Administration?

As for the latter, apparently that is exactly what Kaine's youngest son "Woody" does as a member of antifa and who was arrested in Minnesota for taking part in an attack on a pro-Trump rally at the state capital resulting in the injury of a female Trump supporter and later charged with three misdemeanors. Other charges were dismissed and he made a plea deal resulting in his being sentenced to a year of probation and ordered to pay $236 fine (never hurts to have a powerful politically connected daddy).

And that's just from the national level Democrat politicians.

1. 00000000000000ab000-00aalibviol.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
          That's a cheap, and tawdry win.
          Here's to cheap, and tawdry wins.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But this one comes forward to reveal an intense bias against Trump from CNN
            Out of curiosity, does anyone take video from Veritas seriously any more? You'd think after the first half-dozen of these pratfalls, folks looking to guard their reps would get a bit leery.
            “Jeff Zucker, basically the president of CNN has a personal vendetta against Trump,” said Nick Neville, a media coordinator at CNN. “It’s not gonna be positive for Trump. He hates him. He’s going to be negative.”

I went to the trouble ... which ain't never much when it comes to debunking these guys ...
            Oh, Project Veritas. The James O’Keefe-helmed organization, clearly operating on the assumption that all you have to do to be an anonymous source is send a vague email out of the blue and it will appear in print with no questions, appears to have sent a woman to The Post to falsely claim that Roy Moore had impregnated her at 15. But she told an inconsistent story, had not removed the GoFundMe page saying she was headed to New York to take down the liberal MSM and was then spotted walking into the headquarters of Project Veritas. In other words, it did not go as planned.

Still, what a plan! The news side is very clever, but I am only a humor columnist, and sometimes I miss things. Now that I know that such sneaky things are possible, I have gone over my past contacts with a fine-toothed comb, and I am not sure whom I can trust.

• Woman who claimed she could “take down President Trump,” if I just “promised that that was what I was really after,” but all three of her hands were mop handles.

• Pirate with a peg leg and a strangely motionless shoulder-parrot with a flashing red light coming out of one eye. I asked, “Is that a recording device?” and the pirate said, “In a sense, aren’t ALL parrots recording devices?” but then we made eye contact for too long and he tore off his peg leg and bolted out of the coffee shop.

[Get well soon, Sparky!]

... to google Nick.

He's a recent BU grad, (AOC's alma mater), listing himself as a "News Associate at CNN," an entry level job, not normally the guy you'd go to for straight dope from the C-suite. Good candidate for baiting in a Veritas video, though.

Or for putting up a troll thread to disguise your own cheap and tawdry tactics, nincompoopiehead™ (used by permission).

Comment

Another time, perhaps.
              Just as I suspected, you have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Just as I suspected, you have no clue.
                It really is a waste of time being polite to you, isn't it?

I'll be happy to answer if you're genuinely interested, but if you're just playing games, you can do that without me.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'll be happy to answer if you're genuinely interested, but if you're just playing games, you can do that without me.
                  You posted a story being pushed by the Federalist, of all places, calling out somebody other than the Federalist's media bias. The story features a contractor working his dream job, but everything from the hidden cameras to the mics to the video itself says that job featured paychecks signed by O'Keefe. That's what they do, because no matter how many times they get busted at it, there's always somebody dim enough to believe the next one.

But you're not playing games.

Right.

You posted this to finally get a win on Jed's rule. Admit it, already.

Comment

You posted a story being pushed by the Federalist, of all places, calling out somebody other than the Federalist's media bias. The story features a contractor working his dream job, but everything from the hidden cameras to the mics to the video itself says that job featured paychecks signed by O'Keefe. That's what they do, because no matter how many times they get busted at it, there's always somebody dim enough to believe the next one.

But you're not playing games.

Right.

You posted this to finally get a win on Jed's rule. Admit it, already.
                    Sure, Juve, whatever you say.

And bacon.

Comment

And bacon.
                      Busted.

Comment

Busted.
                        Left knee, anyway, bit it's getting better.

Comment

Left knee, anyway, bit it's getting better.
                          Hey, I saw you saying something about drugs, erm ... I mean, your knee, yeah, that's it! What'd you do to it? I've got a knee story, too, that's only "improved" with age ... and it was already a good one before I improved it! And then there's the one that put pins in my ankle ... but I'm not even sure myself which one's the right story on that one, so I generally go with the one I like best at the time.

Comment

I was kicking it with my buddy, Dave Kelly, back in Chicago while I was still in college, playing a bit of kill-or-be-killed racquetball, that being the game you play in a racquetball court with a buddy who was also a semi-pro football player. Sometimes he'd get confused, and instead of going for the ball, he'd go for the ball-carrier.

For those of y'all unfamiliar with the genteel sport, the strategy is to take control of the center just behind the service line, because it gives you the best position for a "kill shot," a hard slap low into a front corner that comes off three sides, spinning back into a hard stop and dying a couple inches from the wall, leaving no possible return.

You can capture that sweet spot with a high bounce off the front wall forcing your opponent back to cover it. Dave had a habit of making me pay for those lobs by drilling one right into my backside, or arm, or head or whatever piece of me he could get.

"Sorry!"

You don't dare turn around to see it coming, cause that means a fireball could catch you in the eye.

"Ha! Made you look!"

Okay, so maybe I did the same, once or twice. Never mind the ball-sized bruises we walked out of the court with, every week, we were best buds, honest!

So Dave put some blister on a passing shot that went right past my ear, leaving me scrambling for the wall and opening the center. But as I did the fast twist, not all of me agreed with the train lights, and what sounded like a rifle shot went off in the court as my knee gave way. But, ya know, it takes a second or so for the pain to hit, and seeing as I was going down anyway, I plastered it right back at his head.

He ducked, and I made the point, figuratively and literally.

"Ha! Made you look!"

Made him carry me out of the court, too, seeing as I was one leg shy of doing it for myself by then.

Good times, good times.

Haven't been much good for racquetball since then, but that last point was legend.

Comment

Hey, I saw you saying something about drugs, erm ... I mean, your knee, yeah, that's it! What'd you do to it? I've got a knee story, too, that's only "improved" with age ... and it was already a good one before I improved it! And then there's the one that put pins in my ankle ... but I'm not even sure myself which one's the right story on that one, so I generally go with the one I like best at the time.
                              I'm pretty healthy for a fat old guy - my wife has been through three knee replacements (technically, two, as a replacement of a replacement is called a "revision") and breast cancer and arthritis in her hands, and appendectomy, and foot surgery and... lots of stuff. I never go to the doctor, and only have an occasional cold or bronchitis.

Two Sundays ago after Church, we went to two nursing homes, one at 2:30 and one at 3:30 to do services there, and my knee felt a little stiff, but no big deal. We stopped at DQ for some ice cream on the way back to the Church - knee still a little stiff, but again, no big deal.

After parking the church van, and getting in my own car, I drove the 14 miles to my home, parked in the garage, and as I got out of the car, my left knee just sent incredible pain jolts up my leg, and I literally (literally literally) started falling to the floor, except that I grabbed the steering wheel and arrested my fall.

No wonderful "football injury" or war story, just a sudden intense pain, and I could put NO WEIGHT on my left leg. No known reason, can't think of anything I did to pull a muscle.

Monday morning first thing, went to the clinic - had to use my wife's walker - and they did x-rays. No visible injury to the bone, and x-rays, of course, don't show tissue damage, so they left it as "let's see if it gets better, otherwise, an MRI to look at tissue or ligament or whatever".

Drugs for pain, after 3 days, I was walking (limping) without the walker, and after a week I can walk with a slight limp and just kind of a "strained knee" feel in the back of my knee.

So - NO IDEA what happened, but doing MUCH better, and thankfully so, because I was genuinely concerned that the "walker" was going to be the "new normal".

You win with your story.

Comment

I'm pretty healthy for a fat old guy - my wife has been through three knee replacements (technically, two, as a replacement of a replacement is called a "revision") and breast cancer and arthritis in her hands, and appendectomy, and foot surgery and... lots of stuff. I never go to the doctor, and only have an occasional cold or bronchitis.
                                I actually tried to go to the doctor a couple of years ago, pneumonia I think, bad enough to get me looking for an urgent care clinic. Funny thing, the place was closed, so I went to another one, and it was closed, too. Some holiday or other, can't remember which.

By then I was too sick to drive, so I went home and toughed it out.

Had to grip the board hard to keep from falling down in lecture for the next week or so, and was weak as a kitten for the next month, but hey, the doctors had their chance, and they flubbed it.

Two Sundays ago after Church, we went to two nursing homes, one at 2:30 and one at 3:30 to do services there, and my knee felt a little stiff, but no big deal. We stopped at DQ for some ice cream on the way back to the Church - knee still a little stiff, but again, no big deal.

After parking the church van, and getting in my own car, I drove the 14 miles to my home, parked in the garage, and as I got out of the car, my left knee just sent incredible pain jolts up my leg, and I literally (literally literally) started falling to the floor, except that I grabbed the steering wheel and arrested my fall.
                                ICE at the DQ, and arrested, got it.

No wonderful "football injury" or war story, just a sudden intense pain, and I could put NO WEIGHT on my left leg. No known reason, can't think of anything I did to pull a muscle.

Monday morning first thing, went to the clinic - had to use my wife's walker - and they did x-rays. No visible injury to the bone, and x-rays, of course, don't show tissue damage, so they left it as "let's see if it gets better, otherwise, an MRI to look at tissue or ligament or whatever".
                                X-rays and CSI, okay, now we're talking.

Drugs for pain, after 3 days, I was walking (limping) without the walker, and after a week I can walk with a slight limp and just kind of a "strained knee" feel in the back of my knee.

So - NO IDEA what happened, but doing MUCH better, and thankfully so, because I was genuinely concerned that the "walker" was going to be the "new normal".
                                Drugs and the DEA, oh this is getting tasty.

You win with your story.
                                Not from where I'm standing. Looks like all it needs is some minor editing.

Comment