Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shep Smith leaves Fox

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shep Smith leaves Fox

    By far the most vocal critic of Trump over at Fox News has tendered his resignation effective immediately: https://www.apnews.com/6b9f26f305ba4846b35bd8aa165d9959

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  • #2
    The propaganda got to him. Fox is the ‘fake news’ network.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

    Comment


    • #3
      Just purely as a point of personal annoyance: I hope this will reduce the incidences of people quoting him and saying, "Look, even Fox News is saying X!"
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

      Comment


      • #4
        I think Shepherd Smith is going to find that he will be about as popular outside of FOX News as Megyn Kelly was. He was somewhat of a novelty at FOX, but he'll be lost among the sea of anti-Trump talking heads anywhere else.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God


        From "Fools Gold" by Petra

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          The propaganda got to him. Fox is the ‘fake news’ network.
          Fox News also airs anti-trump thoughts from CNN and MSNBC, so you hear both sides of an issue.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
            Fox News also airs anti-trump thoughts from CNN and MSNBC, so you hear both sides of an issue.
            I dont think that quite counts. Or perhaps more to the point. CNN and MSNBC also air pro- Trump comments from fox, so by your approach, we should consider them giving both sides as well.
            He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

            "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              By far the most vocal critic of Trump over at Fox News has tendered his resignation effective immediately: https://www.apnews.com/6b9f26f305ba4846b35bd8aa165d9959
              They leave under fire or end up working for Trump if the warm their cheeks and tow the line.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

              go with the flow the river knows . . .

              Frank

              I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                Fox News also airs anti-trump thoughts from CNN and MSNBC, so you hear both sides of an issue.
                . . . with more than a touch of sarcasm, and without Shepherd Smith less.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

                go with the flow the river knows . . .

                Frank

                I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I like Shepard Smith. But after 23 years, the guy can retire if he wants to.

                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot


                  "Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

                  My Personal Blog

                  My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ever since I heard of an incident where he F-bombed a woman (and allegedly ran into her with his car) in the parking lot over a parking spot, and F-bombed a waitress in a bar for not refilling his drink quickly enough, and totally losing his cool on more than a few occasions - I was never a fan.
                    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      I like Shepard Smith. But after 23 years, the guy can retire if he wants to.
                      Well before the 2016 election I got tired of his habit of inserting editorial comments into news stories. When the news is on I want news not opinion. They already have a ton of opinion shows.

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Well before the 2016 election I got tired of his habit of inserting editorial comments into news stories. When the news is on I want news not opinion. They already have a ton of opinion shows.
                        I think that has to do with his arrogance - he appeared to think his commentary was as important as the news.
                        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Ever since I heard of an incident where he F-bombed a woman (and allegedly ran into her with his car) in the parking lot over a parking spot, and F-bombed a waitress in a bar for not refilling his drink quickly enough, and totally losing his cool on more than a few occasions - I was never a fan.
                          He always struck me as an arrogant know-it-all.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God


                          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            I think Shepherd Smith is going to find that he will be about as popular outside of FOX News as Megyn Kelly was. He was somewhat of a novelty at FOX, but he'll be lost among the sea of anti-Trump talking heads anywhere else.
                            Really, AFAICT it had reached the point where he was only a "novelty" by being the only gay person with a full-time hosting job. Or maybe by being the only opinion guy allowed to pretend he was a news guy.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

                            Beige Nationalist.

                            "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

                            Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              Just purely as a point of personal annoyance: I hope this will reduce the incidences of people quoting him and saying, "Look, even Fox News is saying X!"
                              Prediction: he goes full-on anti-Trump and gets a huge role on CNN or MSNBC, and everyone on the left will say: " Look, even Fox News hosts are turning on Trump."
                              "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Gondwanaland, Today, 01:42 PM
                              2 responses
                              8 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mikewhitney  
                              Started by Ronson, Today, 11:16 AM
                              0 responses
                              19 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ronson
                              by Ronson
                               
                              Started by Juvenal, Today, 04:13 AM
                              2 responses
                              17 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by shunyadragon, Yesterday, 06:20 PM
                              18 responses
                              99 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Gondwanaland  
                              Started by shunyadragon, Yesterday, 06:10 PM
                              5 responses
                              41 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ronson
                              by Ronson
                               
                              Working...
                              X