Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Er, no. You may WANT MM to be fearful, but in reality he's no more 'fearful' than I am - and I would far prefer President Pence to President Trump. If Trump is legitimately impeached, GREAT!
    While I like Pence, he doesn't seem like much of a fighter, and if the Democrats succeed in their gambit to remove Trump from office then Pence will be in the Democrat crosshairs and subjected to every dirty trick in the Democrat playbook (think Brett Kavanaugh, Clarence Thomas, Roy Moore). I'm not certain Pence would want to put himself or his family through that, and he will be under intense pressure to resign. And then what? President Pelosi? Or perhaps Pence would hang on long enough to appoint a VP like Ted Cruz or Devin Nunes and then resign.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      While I like Pence, he doesn't seem like much of a fighter, and if the Democrats succeed in their gambit to remove Trump from office then Pence will be in the Democrat crosshairs and subjected to every dirty trick in the Democrat playbook (think Brett Kavanaugh, Clarence Thomas, Roy Moore). I'm not certain Pence would want to put himself or his family through that, and he will be under intense pressure to resign. And then what? President Pelosi? Or perhaps Pence would hang on long enough to appoint a VP like Ted Cruz or Devin Nunes and then resign.
      IIRC any appointments have to be approved by Congress. That was how we ended up with Gerald Ford.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Sorry I missed this. In the future if I miss one of your posts you want me to reply to feel free to send me a PM.

You probably already know how I feel about attempts at outing the WB. I watched the clip in that article and if that's the example you lead with...

I admit I didn't catch as much of the Judiciary hearing as the others. Is Schiff even on the Judiciary Committee? In any case, there was lots of efforts of Republicans to disrupt that hearing. So I image that, and the faux outrage when their bad faith disruptions were shut down, is what you're remembering. I'm open to being proven wrong, but the fact that half of the day was spent on the Barron / baron joke leads to believe there was little legitimate outrage.

If you find a video clip of Republican questioning from that hearing being shut down I'll take a look though.

Ok, what *relevant* witnesses were denied? Hunter Biden? I said someone *other* than him to being with! Even if HB was dirty he *still* would have been an irrelevant witness.

There were valid reasons not to bring the WB into that hearing, not the least of which everything he reported has since been confirmed by witnesses with more direct knowledge of his claims.

Sorry :/.
        Ah so I did read your post correctly the first time. You were trying to disqualify evidence you didn't like.

As far as the WB goes, any accused has the right to face his accuser. And the credibility of the WB is central to the case. Not being able to question him even in secret is unacceptable. As far as Hunter goes, what he did or didn't do along with his dad goes directly to the case also. If Biden was using Nepotism to get Hunter the job and then using the money to extort Ukraine into firing the prosecutor then we indeed do have a national security issue going on. We have a crook who is trying to become President. If the democrats cared so much about whether Trump is a crook that they are willing to impeach him, then they should also care if Biden is one. It means that Trump was trying to out a criminal in the national interest as he was claiming.

OK I was right about you in the first place, you just want to disqualify and ignore anything that you don't like. I am, again, done with you on this topic.

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about. The fact is there is zero evidence that the President broke the law.
          Actually there is plenty, but that's why you don't want it seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Er, no. You may WANT MM to be fearful, but in reality he's no more 'fearful' than I am - and I would far prefer President Pence to President Trump. If Trump is legitimately impeached, GREAT!
            Then I'm sure you want all the evidence to be presented, right?

Comment

He still hasn't accepted the fact that Rachael lied to him.
              Rachel is touched by God and so cannot lie.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Ah so I did read your post correctly the first time. You were trying to disqualify evidence you didn't like.
                Convince me that HB is relevant then.

As far as the WB goes, any accused has the right to face his accuser.
                :cantfindthezombiesmily:

And the credibility of the WB is central to the case. Not being able to question him even in secret is unacceptable.
                That's your claim. Help me understand why that's necessary when his claims have already been confirmed by others who are beyond credible.

As far as Hunter goes, what he did or didn't do along with his dad goes directly to the case also. If Biden was using Nepotism to get Hunter the job and then using the money to extort Ukraine into firing the prosecutor then we indeed do have a national security issue going on.
                Yikes! Sounds serious! Surely you have evidence other than a HB fishing trip to back this up.

We have a crook who is trying to become President. If the democrats cared so much about whether Trump is a crook that they are willing to impeach him, then they should also care if Biden is one. It means that Trump was trying to out a criminal in the national interest as he was claiming.
                Show me the money!

OK I was right about you in the first place, you just want to disqualify and ignore anything that you don't like. I am, again, done with you on this topic.
                They all eventually come back :). Bring evidence and not just stories you heard on Fox next time.

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about. The fact is there is zero evidence that the President broke the law.
                  Assume for the moment that that evidence exists. Is there anyone other than Trump, by directly confessing to the crime and calling it a crime, who could present it to you so that you would accept it?

Comment

Assume for the moment that that evidence exists. Is there anyone other than Trump, by directly confessing to the crime and calling it a crime, who could present it to you so that you would accept it?
                    If the evidence exists then a confession from Trump isn't needed to convict. And frankly, I'm not impressed with the liberal narrative that Trump has somehow managed to suppress all the evidence that could be used to conclusively prove his guilt.

Comment

If the evidence exists then a confession from Trump isn't needed to convict. And frankly, I'm not impressed with the liberal narrative that Trump has somehow managed to suppress all the evidence that could be used to conclusively prove his guilt.
                      A few posts back you said that Bolton confirming the entire Democratic case would be insufficient. Here you say that a confession from Trump is not necessary. So, if you can, please help me understand what evidence you're looking for.

Comment

A few posts back you said that Bolton confirming the entire Democratic case would be insufficient.
                        That's not what I said.

Comment

That's not what I said.
                          So are you looking for Bolton to confim 1) relevant details 2) state in his opinion that the president broke the law 3) both 4) something else?

Comment

So are you looking for Bolton to confim 1) relevant details 2) state in his opinion that the president broke the law 3) both 4) something else?
                            I think if Bolton testifies, it will be much like what we've already heard, that the President made a policy decision, and some people in his administration disagreed with it. I would be shocked if he presented evidence that Trump actually broke the law.

Comment

I think if Bolton testifies, it will be much like what we've already heard, that the President made a policy decision, and some people in his administration disagreed with it. I would be shocked if he presented evidence that Trump actually broke the law.
                              I predict the following will happen:

1. The hype. Democrats will be very excited in declaring that trump is finished.
                              2. The questioning. The questioning will likely tell us much of what we already know, but likely won’t produce a bombshell.
                              3. The disappointment. We’ll see a million excuses for why the democrats were wrong again.
                              4. The repeat. We’ll go to step one on the next ‘crisis’ because democrats have yet to learn from the past dozen times where their bombshell acts like a bomb built by Acme.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So let me repeat my question. What evidence, short of an explicit confession by Trump, would you accept as proof he broke the law?

Comment