Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Let's assume all of that is true. So what?
    How about you just admit, that you're afraid all of that is true. The truth will set you free, MM.

Again, the president sets foreign policy even if his advisers disagree. That's not a crime.
    Why assume anything, MM? Why not hear it for yourself whether it's what you want to hear or not? How do you know what Bolton et al. are going to say, perhaps their testimony will exonerate the President. And btw, the fact that the president sets foreign policy has nothing to do with whether or not what he did was a crime. Contrary to Trumps assertion, Article 2 doesn't give him the power to do anything he wants, though he be the president, he's not the King, and he's still obliged to follow the law whether he likes it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      What you, naturally you being you, would characterize as a “charade” most people recognize as a strategy against the Senate and its leaders planning a sham trial. And it seems to have worked. “Senior White House officials tell CBS News they increasingly believe that at least four Republicans and likely more, will vote to call witnesses”.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/impeach...in-the-senate/

Oh, the horror – a fair trial. Trump must be pleased.
      And let's not forget about all the documentory evidence, and I do mean all being that the president has blocked all documentary evidence from Congress. A lot of that has been released to Congress now through court order and the freedom of information act etc. and apparently much of that is very incriminating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        OK Here is what I meant about the democrats not letting the Republicans question witnesses properly:

Adam Schiff blocks Republicans’ attempts to question impeachment witnesses

Rep. Adam Schiff, the Democratic chair of the House Intelligence Committee, repeatedly stymied Republicans’ attempts to question two witnesses in Tuesday’s impeachment hearings.

The first interruption by the California congressman came as he accused ranking GOP member Rep. Devin Nunes of asking questions that could out the whistleblower who sparked the inquiry into President Trump.

Nunes was asking Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman about the people with whom he shared concerns about Trump’s July 25 phone call with President Volodymyr Zelensky, when he focused on what intelligence agency an individual whom Vindman spoke to worked for.

“What agency was this individual from?” Nunes (R-Calif.) asked, prompting Schiff (D-Calif.) to interrupt.

“We don’t want to use these proceedings,” Schiff began as Nunes replied, “It’s our time” before Schiff shut him down.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/19/adam-s...ent-witnesses/

I also recall that everytime a Republican was trying to question a witness (like the law professors) the democrats like Schiff kept interrupting them and playing such games.

I also remember that Nunes provided a list of witnesses such as Hunter Biden to Schiff and they were denied.
        https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1XJ0FK

I don't recall ANY republican witnesses being allowed other than the one law professor. Do you? If so, let me know who they were.
        And that one law professor was a Hillary-voting Democrat.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          The smoking gun in that case would be Bolton's testimony. Not a surprise or surprise witness.
          It will be interesting to see what, if any, of his potential testimony the Court will rule not protected by Executive Privilege.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Sorry I missed this. In the future if I miss one of your posts you want me to reply to feel free to send me a PM.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            OK Here is what I meant about the democrats not letting the Republicans question witnesses properly:

Schiff blocks WB questions
            You probably already know how I feel about attempts at outing the WB. I watched the clip in that article and if that's the example you lead with...

I also recall that everytime a Republican was trying to question a witness (like the law professors) the democrats like Schiff kept interrupting them and playing such games.
            I admit I didn't catch as much of the Judiciary hearing as the others. Is Schiff even on the Judiciary Committee? In any case, there was lots of efforts of Republicans to disrupt that hearing. So I image that, and the faux outrage when their bad faith disruptions were shut down, is what you're remembering. I'm open to being proven wrong, but the fact that half of the day was spent on the Barron / baron joke leads to believe there was little legitimate outrage.

If you find a video clip of Republican questioning from that hearing being shut down I'll take a look though.

I also remember that Nunes provided a list of witnesses such as Hunter Biden to Schiff and they were denied.
            https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1XJ0FK

I don't recall ANY republican witnesses being allowed other than the one law professor. Do you? If so, let me know who they were.
            Ok, what *relevant* witnesses were denied? Hunter Biden? I said someone *other* than him to being with! Even if HB was dirty he *still* would have been an irrelevant witness.

There were valid reasons not to bring the WB into that hearing, not the least of which everything he reported has since been confirmed by witnesses with more direct knowledge of his claims.

Sorry :/.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              It will be interesting to see what, if any, of his potential testimony the Court will rule not protected by Executive Privilege.
              In the trial CJ Roberts will make that call. I'm not worried about it. He's left enough breadcrumbs that he's not prepared to incinerate his place in history for Trump.

Comment

• If there are going to be documents and witnesses at the trial, Republicans are going to look very stupid when they acquit.
                Trump getting nervous:

Nobody ever accused President Trump of being consistent.
For weeks, the president clamored for a “fair trial” in the Senate to clear him of impeachment charges.
“I look forward to it,” he said on New Year’s Eve.

Trump also stated he wanted his aides “to testify in the Senate where they’ll get a fair trial.” White House counsel Pat Cipollone urged House Democrats to finish impeachment “so we can have a fair trial in the Senate.”

Now the House is about to deliver the impeachment articles — and suddenly Trump has lost enthusiasm for a trial.

“Many believe that by the Senate giving credence to a trial,” Trump tweeted on Sunday afternoon, “rather than an outright dismissal, it gives the partisan Democrat Witch Hunt credibility that it otherwise does not have. I agree!”

Lest “many believe” that was just a fleeting thought, Trump retweeted it Monday morning.
“Many believe,” of course, is Trump-speak for “I believe.”

And I understand why “many believe” a fair Senate trial would hurt Trump, if it means producing the documents and witnesses Trump refused to provide to the House. His defenses would wither faster than his explanations for the assassination of Iran’s Qasem Soleimani.
                WaPo
                Last edited by firstfloor; 01-14-2020, 02:25 AM.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                  Is the only person you're willing to listen to about what is right and wrong Trump? Not Bolton, not Republican senators who would probably have a much easier working relationship by silently nodding at everything McConnell says? Other than Trump who could actually convince you that what Trump did was wrong?

"Trust, but verify" is as far as I'm willing to take it with politicians. I just don't get it. I can't imagine living my life that way.
                  I have no idea what you're talking about. The fact is there is zero evidence that the President broke the law.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about. The fact is there is zero evidence that the President broke the law.
                    ... except for bribery, for which the evidence is abundant. [Fox is propaganda.]

I see the Russkies have been hacking Burisma to help their favorite POTUS.
                    Last edited by firstfloor; 01-14-2020, 06:13 AM.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      ... except for bribery, for which the evidence is abundant. [Fox is propaganda.]

I see the Russkies have been hacking Burisma to help their favorite POTUS.
                      The collusion delusion just never let's go does it?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                        ... except for bribery, for which the evidence is abundant.
                        Except "bribery" wasn't included in the articles of impeachment, and the Democrats certainly didn't present any evidence for it.

So...

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

The collusion delusion just never let's go does it?
                          He still hasn't accepted the fact that Rachael lied to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            You keep saying that, MM, but I don't have to read your mind, you make the fear that you have with respect to a fair trial with relevant witnesses and other evidence clear with every post you submit. It's really funny that you don't realize how obvious you are.
                            Er, no. You may WANT MM to be fearful, but in reality he's no more 'fearful' than I am - and I would far prefer President Pence to President Trump. If Trump is legitimately impeached, GREAT!
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

He still hasn't accepted the fact that Rachael lied to him.
                              IMHBAO she lied to herself as well.

Moreover, let's not forget:

rachelmadcow.jpg

"statements she makes on her show should not be considered facts"
                              Probably true of all of MSNBC

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Er, no. You may WANT MM to be fearful, but in reality he's no more 'fearful' than I am - and I would far prefer President Pence to President Trump. If Trump is legitimately impeached, GREAT!
                                Little jimmy is probably one of those prannocks that thinks if Trump were to be booted out of office that means Hillary would be president smiley dolt.gif

Comment