Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Don't get trig-gered! Maybe he forgot or didn't see your Math thread.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I, for one, am not the least bit defensive,
      Well you are and it shows.

as I'm sitting back watching the nutty Democrats flail around in their incredibly partisan impeachment sham
      Your very own phrasing is in itself “flailing" and “defensive”. 'Christianity Today' didn’t see the impeachment as an “incredibly partisan impeachment sham”. They saw (quite rightly) that “the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2710872001/

"Christianity Today describes itself as being “regarded worldwide as the leading evangelical publication for news and opinion” that “reaches over five million Christian leaders monthly. It's encouraging that a semblance of integrity remains among the evangelicals that put Trump into power.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        I still think it should not be afforded the dignity of being treated as legitimate, and should be summarily dismissed -- especially if Nutty Nancy doesn't name the managers and fork over the articles on the first day back from break.
        There is no timeline in the congressional rules by which the House manager must deliver the articles to the Senate. The articles of impeachment have been drawn up, but Trump has not yet been impeached/indicted and that won't happen until the articles are actually delivered to the Senate. The same is true in regular court, a prospective defendent is not indicted until the prosecuter actually decides to bring the indictment. But, it is a tactic no doubt, the prosecutor, in this case the House, wants to know what the set of the Senate trial will be before naming who the impeachment managers will be. Once Pelosi gets that out of them, if she gets it, she'll have the articles delivered. If not, I'm sure she will still have them delivered, but the public will have further seen that the fix is in and that the Senate is not impartial but are working in coordination with the defendent and his attorneys.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          We need a slap-fight emoticon.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            If they aren't willing to seek relief then they are attempting to SUBVERT justice.

If the House didn't believe in its impeachment, why did they vote for it? If the evidence was insufficient, why did they vote for it.

The House has impeached - that means we HAVE all relevant evidence. If that evidence isn't sufficient then the TRUE AND CORRECT verdict is NOT GUILTY.

You just don't want to accept the truth, do you?
            They voted for it because the overwhelming majority of Democrats in the House had decided to impeach Trump when he was elected or shortly thereafter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
              It wasn’t challenged in court. The democrats challenged trumps refusal to adhere to subpoenas but dropped them and claimed obstruction. Trump never challenged obstruction in court.
              When they either dropped them when the courts were asked for direction or refused to ask the courts for assistance themselves is when they pretty much lost any obstruction case.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                They're defensive, which comes out as aggression. They are finding it increasingly hard to defend Trump when, As Christianity Today said: “The facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral ..."
                Opinions that go against the evidence are worth less than the paper they were printed on.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Opinions that go against the evidence are worth less than the paper they were printed on.
                  As opposed to opinions supported by the evidence. Sondland told the Trump impeachment inquiry 'there was a quid pro quo in Ukraine scandal'. Seventeen witnesses testified to this effect.
                  Last edited by Tassman; 12-22-2019, 03:44 AM.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    Well you are and it shows.
                    Because you're a Drama Queen and you're looking for drama.

Your very own phrasing is in itself “flailing" and “defensive”.
                    Sure, Tassy - whatever you say. Meanwhile, the Democrats continue to push Trump to an almost certain victory.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They voted for it because the overwhelming majority of Democrats in the House had decided to impeach Trump when he was elected or shortly thereafter.
                      Prove it.

Comment

When they either dropped them when the courts were asked for direction or refused to ask the courts for assistance themselves is when they pretty much lost any obstruction case.
                        Wrong, they dropped it because they know the tactics Trump has employed his entire life, delay, delay, delay, until it's too late. So they relied on those patriotic Americans who defied the Presidents order not to testify in order to make the case for indictment. Now it's up to the Senate to vote on whether they are going to continue with the cover-up or look at all the facts and subpoena the reluctant witnesses and withheld documents. Let the American people, their constituents, see where their loyalties lie.

Comment

Except they aren't opinions, they are facts. I mean seriously, the President admitted it himself on the lawn of the White House. "I think if they were honest they would investigate the Bidens." "I think China should investigate them as well."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Wow, how did I manage not be entangled therein?
                            You were saving up for the oxmixmudd drama?
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Wrong, they dropped it because they know the tactics Trump has employed his entire life, delay, delay, delay, until it's too late. So they relied on those patriotic Americans who defied the Presidents order not to testify in order to make the case for indictment. Now it's up to the Senate to vote on whether they are going to continue with the cover-up or look at all the facts and subpoena the reluctant witnesses and withheld documents. Let the American people, their constituents, see where their loyalties lie.
                              So, it isn't a delay if the Senate goes to the Court but it is if the House does?

The House is tasked with the inquiry phase. Any need for new witnesses means the House was criminally negligent in its duties.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                There was no reason for that. It's the House's burden to defend the subpoenas it issues.
                                Defend it where? The court hasn’t been asked to do anything here. Matters need to be taken to the court, the court doesn’t go seeking them out. If the house has the power to subpoena then they don’t have to defend each one in court to legitimise it. If they did then they don’t actually have subpoena power.

Comment