Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    I imagine that for most Americans, the Second World War was an overseas war, and it is still remote, compared with the European experience. Even Aberdeen was bombed in the war. We in Europe, might have a sharper sense of what’s going wrong now, in several countries, including yours.
    But wasn't it nice of us to drop everything we were doing and come across the pond and pull your butts out of the fire, so to speak?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

Spell "projection".
      I'm gonna guess you're not expecting snow for Christmas, eh, Tass?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I sense a change of mood in this place. The Trumpites are being very aggressive.
        Two years ago some liberals had the same complaint and left.

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        I imagine that for most Americans, the Second World War was an overseas war, and it is still remote, compared with the European experience. Even Aberdeen was bombed in the war. We in Europe, might have a sharper sense of what’s going wrong now, in several countries, including yours.
        What's gone wrong? Brexit?
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          Two years ago some liberals had the same complaint and left.
          Found it!
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            But wasn't it nice of us to drop everything we were doing and come across the pond and pull your butts out of the fire, so to speak?
            Absolutely; you took a bit of persuading though. Pearl Harbor.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
              Wow, how did I manage not be entangled therein?

Comment

Absolutely; you took a bit of persuading though. Pearl Harbor.
                But my daddy managed to make it to your very neighborhood!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Yeah... it doesn't work that way. If someone challenges you in court, you can't use the court challenge itself as evidence against them.
                  It wasn’t challenged in court. The democrats challenged trumps refusal to adhere to subpoenas but dropped them and claimed obstruction. Trump never challenged obstruction in court.

Comment

I sense a change of mood in this place. The Trumpites are being very aggressive. I myself am not perturbed and I will continue to feed in news from the real world.
                    They're defensive, which comes out as aggression. They are finding it increasingly hard to defend Trump when, As Christianity Today said: “The facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral ..."
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      They're defensive, which comes out as aggression. They are finding it increasingly hard to defend Trump when, As Christianity Today said: “The facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral ..."
                      I, for one, am not the least bit defensive, as I'm sitting back watching the nutty Democrats flail around in their incredibly partisan impeachment sham unintentionally boosting Trump's approval ratings, flooding his coffers with money, and suppressing support for impeachment.

I'm kinda enjoying this. That, along with watching the TrumpHaters pretend all is well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                        It wasn’t challenged in court. The democrats challenged trumps refusal to adhere to subpoenas but dropped them and claimed obstruction. Trump never challenged obstruction in court.
                        There was no reason for that. It's the House's burden to defend the subpoenas it issues.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          There was no reason for that. It's the House's burden to defend the subpoenas it issues.
                          Tea, the subpoenas, unlike Trumps call to Zelensky, were perfectly legal and Trump had no legal reason for challenging them in court. He publicly stated that he would simply challenge every subpoena regardless. That's not executive privilege, it's blatant obstruction of congress. He can do it obviously, but to defend the stalling tactics of Trump in his attempt to cover-up his crime, is simply to say, you don't care to know if he's guilty or not. Do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            I'm starting to come around to this position as well. It's still a waste of time and money from an impeachment perspective, but it would make for great political theater.
                            I still think it should not be afforded the dignity of being treated as legitimate, and should be summarily dismissed -- especially if Nutty Nancy doesn't name the managers and fork over the articles on the first day back from break.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              But you said 'trig'...

Don't get trig-gered! Maybe he forgot or didn't see your Math thread.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Tea, the subpoenas, unlike Trumps call to Zelensky, were perfectly legal and Trump had no legal reason for challenging them in court. He publicly stated that he would simply challenge every subpoena regardless. That's not executive privilege, it's blatant obstruction of congress. He can do it obviously, but to defend the stalling tactics of Trump in his attempt to cover-up his crime, is simply to say, you don't care to know if he's guilty or not. Do you?
                                If they aren't willing to seek relief then they are attempting to SUBVERT justice.

If the House didn't believe in its impeachment, why did they vote for it? If the evidence was insufficient, why did they vote for it.

The House has impeached - that means we HAVE all relevant evidence. If that evidence isn't sufficient then the TRUE AND CORRECT verdict is NOT GUILTY.

You just don't want to accept the truth, do you?
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment