Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I agreed with everything else, hence the amen.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• From my fellow pirate in congress...

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
        The second paragraph includes congress. When a sentence ends and then there’s a ‘or’ it indicates a different application to that section will follow.
        Look, it really doesn't matter how we parse it, because the burden is on the House to provide evidence that Trump is guilty of any of this, which they utterly failed to do. Heck, they even balked on "obstruction of justice" and invented the mythical "obstruction of Congress" charge instead.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          McCarthy just made an interesting point....

If this impeachment was such a wonderful idea, why did the Democrats actually LOSE membership in the process, with one of their own not only voting against impeachment, but indicating he would switch parties.

When has there ever been a national politician who switched parties from a majority party (in the House) to a minority party?
          Ralph Hall Rep. from Texas did in 2004. He switched from Democrat to Republican
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
            Why would the wealthy throw money at someone who was just impeached?
            Well that's obvious, sean, to help get him re-elected so that they can get wealthier. That's what they live for. They not concerned about democracy, they only worship money.

Super wealthy folks hedge their bets towards a sure horse. On the other hand, the belief that this whole impeachment is a witch hunt against the POTUS, thus rallying his base to support him ever more fervently than even 2016 is a more logical explanation.
            The money isn't coming from the cult members, it's coming from the money worshipers.

Comment

Team Pelosi/Schiff/Nadler have done what no Republican politician in the history of the world could do---- totally unite the Republican party! ZERO defections on impeachment and ZERO defections on either AoI.
              That's because unlike Justin Amash, who already defected, the republican party today is an unprincipled bunch of politicians. They know Trump is guilty, just like you do, but just like you, they don't care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                No, he switched from the minority party (Democrat) to the majority party (Republican).

From your link ---
                After Hall's switch, Republicans hold 229 seats in the House, to the Democrats' 204. There is currently one Independent and one vacancy, created when Republican Ernie Fletcher resigned last month to become governor of Kentucky.

I was asking...
                When has there ever been a national politician who switched parties from a majority party (in the House) to a minority party?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                  Republicans were the majority party then.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

McCarthy just made an interesting point....

If this impeachment was such a wonderful idea, why did the Democrats actually LOSE membership in the process, with one of their own not only voting against impeachment, but indicating he would switch parties.

He was basically a Dino in a Rino district anyway so you can have him, he belongs with you. Btw, in answer to your question, Justin Amash switched parties not so long ago.

Comment

Jim, if somebody crosses the street to murder somebody in cold blood, you don't charge him with jaywalking.
                      Your point being?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        .. Btw, in answer to your question, Justin Amash switched parties not so long ago.
                        Actually, that's a good point. Amash actually went independent but he is now caucusing with the Dems so that's pretty danged close.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Your point being?
                          Sheeeeesh, I wouldn't have thought you would have needed an explanation.

If the partisan Democrats actually had a CRIMINAL charge against Trump, they wouldn't have made the Articles of Impeachment so vague and squishy.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's because unlike Justin Amash, who already defected, the republican party today is an unprincipled bunch of politicians.
                            He didn't switch to the "other party", he became an Independent, Jim.

They know Trump is guilty, just like you do, but just like you, they don't care.
                            Speaking of unprincipled, repeating this lie over and over demonstrates what an incredibly unprincipled lackey you are, Jim.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              That is one reason Pelosi might want to keep the impeachment in her pocket until the new year.
                              Moscow Mitch said he would be in lockstep with the White House, so Pelosi is waiting to see just what the trial rules that the White House directs Moscow Mitch to set forth before she sends over the articles. If, as we know Moscow Mitch, in collusion with his dear leaders plan is to continue the cover-up, I'm sure Pelosi has a back-up plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                Actually, that's a good point. Amash actually went independent but he is now caucusing with the Dems so that's pretty danged close.
                                But no cigar.

Comment