Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Yeah and it is entirely based on hearsay. Not a bit of evidence is provided. Just what someone else said that Trump did, and which both Trump and the Ukraine president denied and the transcript of the phone call refutes.

This is just for show. They know it can't pass the Senate without any evidence.
    This is just wrong Sparko. Just partly line spin that has no relation to fact.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Sorry - doesn't fly. That the President abused his power of office and obstructed Congress in the process is clear from the evidence and testimony resented. What you should be concerned about is what it means that a large portion of the senate and congress are willing to overlook that evidence on party lines. That is the real danger to this country and its people. It sets the stage for far worse than Trump if not dealt with.
      List of actual crimes committed, that the House listed actually happened and have evidence that they happened:

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I did not mean to add an "Amen" to your post. My intent was to report you for a false accusation of lying.
        This is what's known, in Tweb circles, as "doing a CP".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The failure to reference a single law or US code that Trump is supposed to have violated is a glaring omission.
          The "Obstruction of Congress" is a crock.

Congress is only 1/3 of the branches of government. If one co-equal branch (the Executive) appeals to another co-equal branch (The Judiciary) as to whether or not to comply with another branch (the Legislative - and a very partisan sector, at that, and only HALF of the two houses of Congress) it's absolutely nutty to call it "obstruction of Congress".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It looks like that's what they've settled on, two vague and amorphous terms that don't describe any actual crimes. In fact, Democrats are claiming that "abuse of power" and "obstruction of Congress" can refer to perfectly legal acts that are done with the "wrong" motives.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...f-impeachment/

This thing is turning into a bigger farce than I think anybody could have predicted.

It's like the whole purpose was to see if Pelosi could railroad dozens of members of her party into committing political suicide...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

It's like the whole purpose was to see if Pelosi could railroad dozens of members of her party into committing political suicide...
              Hmm. Maybe it is all a Trump Scheme™

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                That the President abused his power of office and obstructed Congress in the process is clear from the evidence and testimony resented.
                What's the actual crime? What's the US code? If you're going to call for the impeachment of the President of the United States, then you better be able to name the actual law that was broken, and have irrefutable evidence that he broke it.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What's the actual crime? What's the US code? If you're going to call for the impeachment of the President of the United States, then you better be able to name the actual law that was broken, and have irrefutable evidence that he broke it.
                  Well they dropped the bribery and extortion thing...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Think of the arrogance of this....

The House of Representatives is only ONE PART of Congress.
                    Congress is only ONE PART of the THREE branches of government.
                    A very partisan committee of that ONE PART of Congress is charging one of the THREE BRANCHES of government with obstructing their little band of partisans....

HEY, LOOK.... Shifty Schiff has come out of hiding to try to justify his little band of partisans' nutty impeachment charges!!!!

Comment

It looks like that's what they've settled on, two vague and amorphous terms that don't describe any actual crimes. In fact, Democrats are claiming that "abuse of power" and "obstruction of Congress" can refer to perfectly legal acts that are done with the "wrong" motives.

This thing is turning into a bigger farce than I think anybody could have predicted.
                      It all started falling apart when Trump released the transcript of the call -- something they were sure he would never do.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Hmm. Maybe it is all a Trump Scheme™
                        He's such a stable genius after all.
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          More importantly, they dropped the whole Mueller nothingburger. Sad!
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            It all started falling apart when Trump released the transcript of the call -- something they were sure he would never do.
                            My theory is that because the transcript happened to be in a secure location, only those with "need to know" had ever seen it, and when the "whistle blower" filed his complaint, Democrats just assumed he was telling the truth and that they would have to force the White House to release what they must have been convinced was damning evidence. I doubt they ever expected the White House to voluntarily release it without prompting.

Comment

• Vulnerable Democrats are still begging for censure instead of having their political fate tied to an impeachment vote.

Comment

Vulnerable Democrats are still begging for censure instead of having their political fate tied to an impeachment vote.

So Pelosi attempt to make the dems look good by voting on the USMCA isn't working I guess
                                Last edited by RumTumTugger; 12-10-2019, 07:02 PM.

Comment