Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
    It’s truly amazing how quickly the Mueller report was dismissed. I had no interest in Trump until I read a story about the controversial report so I read the report for myself. I was honestly confused when it seemed to just fizzle out of public interest. I mean it detailed the scope and sophistication of Russian interference and confirmed connections with members of the trump campaign then concluded with a whole new section just for the attempts to obstruct the investigation by trump himself.

Regardless of trumps involvement, at the very least I thought that amount of election interference would be cause for concern for all Americans. Now it’s just referred to as the Russian hoax.
    In fact, Mueller's claims of Russian meddling in his report are vague, contradictory, and are supported by no direct evidence. Remember, no law enforcement agency was ever allowed to examine the Democrat sever that was supposedly hacked, and all claims to that end are based on a redacted draft report prepared by a company under the employ of the Democrat party.

This following article explains just how poorly the Mueller report makes the case for Russian interference:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...stimony-239295

There's also the infamous incident when Mueller indicted the Russian trolls, but when they unexpectedly sent lawyers to contest the charges, Mueller all but admitted that he didn't actually have any evidence. It seems that Mueller was trying to score political points with indictments that would play well in the press but were never intended to go to trial.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...an-government/

To put this another way, if you were trying to prove Russian interference in court, and your evidence was the Mueller report, then you would have an uphill battle.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Seems the part that you don't understand is that a quid pro quo in and of itself is not illegal or wrong in any way. Like Mulvaney said, though mistakingly in his case, we do this all the time. But, we do it all the time for things that are in the interest of the country, not for ones personal gain of any kind. The U.S. as well as the rest of the western world wanted Shoken gone because of the rampant corruption which he, as Prosecutor General was a part of. We were trying to help them clean up the corruption as well as give them much needed economic aid. That really doesn't even add up to a quid pro quo since the U.S. wasn't recieving anything in the deal.
      When you're caught out, change the subject, eh?
      See the above. Obama recieved nothing in return, Trump demanded something in return, and not for the country, but to benefit himself politically.
      Twice, even! And you pivot to what Republicans have been saying about a quid pro quo all along!

Transparent dodges duly noted. At least you appear to have grasped that it's not a good look for Biden, since you're determined to somehow spin that away.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        In fact, Mueller's claims of Russian meddling in his report are vague, contradictory, and are supported by no direct evidence. Remember, no law enforcement agency was ever allowed to examine the Democrat sever that was supposedly hacked, and all claims to that end are based on a redacted draft report prepared by a company under the employ of the Democrat party.

This following article explains just how poorly the Mueller report makes the case for Russian interference:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...stimony-239295

There's also the infamous incident when Mueller indicted the Russian trolls, but when they unexpectedly sent lawyers to contest the charges, Mueller all but admitted that he didn't actually have any evidence. It seems that Mueller was trying to score political points with indictments that would play well in the press but were never intended to go to trial.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...an-government/

To put this another way, if you were trying to prove Russian interference in court, and your evidence was the Mueller report, then you would have an uphill battle.
        Thanks. I’ll have a read!

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Twice, even! And you pivot to what Republicans have been saying about a quid pro quo all along!

Transparent dodges duly noted. At least you appear to have grasped that it's not a good look for Biden, since you're determined to somehow spin that away.
          When you're caught out, don't even attempt to dispute what I said, eh? Transparent ignorance duly noted.

Comment

• Democrats now say that a president can be impeached for legal acts done with the "wrong" motive.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-breaking-law/

That sounds like a concession that there is no compelling evidence that the President is guilty of a crime.

Comment

This conversation and so many like it are just so hard to get hold of where the disconnect (as I perceive it) between us exists OBP. But I'd like to try.

So to start that conversation -

1) Do you acknowledge there is a difference between Quid Pro Quo where a US diplomat, president etc is trying to arrange an exchange that benefits our national interests and one that serves the personal interests of that individual only (i.e. is neutral or detrimental to US national interests)?

2a) Without deciding what the nature of Trumps Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine was, do you acknowledge that a Quid Pro Quo between a president (and likely any diplomat) that serves only their personal interests (i.e. is neutral to or detrimental to US national interests) is wrong?

2b) Is illegal?
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Did Marie Yovanovitch commit perjury? According to former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, she did, and he has the documents to prove it!

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...investigation/

Comment

Did Marie Yovanovitch commit perjury? According to former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, she did, and he has the documents to prove it!

I seem to have missed it, MM. How did Yovanovitch perjure herself again?

Comment

Did Marie Yovanovitch commit perjury? According to former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, she did, and he has the documents to prove it!

What a bunch of hogwash! Good grief. I had no idea you were into full on infomercial level conspiracy fodder fit for area 51 enthusiasts!
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I take it that this is the ex-Prosecutor Yuriy Lutsenko currently being investigated by Ukrainian investigators for Abuse Of Power. Right? "Lutsenko made false allegations, which he later retracted, as part of an effort to force out then-U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch".

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukrainian-ex.../30220338.html

You have no scruples MM.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        I seem to have missed it, MM. How did Yovanovitch perjure herself again?
                        She claimed she didn't do something when Lutsenko has a letter proving that she did.

Comment

When you're caught out, don't even attempt to dispute what I said, eh? Transparent ignorance duly noted.
                          Reduced to aping me? Yup, even you realize you stepped in it.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            This conversation and so many like it are just so hard to get hold of where the disconnect (as I perceive it) between us exists OBP. But I'd like to try.

So to start that conversation -

1) Do you acknowledge there is a difference between Quid Pro Quo where a US diplomat, president etc is trying to arrange an exchange that benefits our national interests and one that serves the personal interests of that individual only (i.e. is neutral or detrimental to US national interests)?

2a) Without deciding what the nature of Trumps Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine was, do you acknowledge that a Quid Pro Quo between a president (and likely any diplomat) that serves only their personal interests (i.e. is neutral to or detrimental to US national interests) is wrong?

2b) Is illegal?
                            I'm not conversing with you on Trump-related topics, Jim. Thanks.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not conversing with you on Trump-related topics, Jim. Thanks.
                              Take your ball and go home, One baby Pig.

Comment

Take your ball and go home, One baby Pig.
                                He implied no such thing, Jim.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment