Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    No, no and no. They're doing what they're doing entirely because of politics and no other reason.
    Go Dems!!!!

There's a great video of clips made up of Democrats letting it slip what this is all about -- keeping Trump from being elected -- but due to their crass language I cannot link to it but you can look up "New RNC ad uses Democrats' own words on impeachment against them" on YouTube
    And I DON'T want to get into that.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Jim, impeachment, by its very nature, is political. And this one is not only political, but purely partisan. EVERY Republican voted against it, joined by two Democrats.
      And your mistake is in thinking that because the process is a political one, and because it is partisan, then it shouldn't be pursued. What's partisan by nature are the political parties, CP, and the party of the president who is being impeached is always going to be partisan in their defense of him. Only when they see that the jig is up do they end up pulling the plug, and this republican congress is one of the most unprincipled in history, so in the end it will probably end up in the hands of the american electorate anyway. At any rate, it is for this very reason, that a corrupt and treasonous one like Trump, should somehow become President, that the Founders were concerned, and created the impeachment process, and thank goodness for the democrats for defending the constitution.

You do make me smile.
      Ignorance is bliss.

No, that's the lipstick they have painted on this pig.
      Hmm, looks like idiotic conservative talking points.

You're well aware that I'm a registered Independent, so I'll just chalk this up to more childishness on your part, Jim.
      No, I'm not well aware, nor do I care, I know your politics regardless.

I'm not protecting Trump, Jim, I'm mocking the Democrats who are shooting themselves in the foot, and only stopping to reload.
      Oh please, you've been defending Trump for years, CP. Democrats are just winning elections (Kentucky, louisiana, Virginia.)

Comment

And that headline isn't the least bit biased.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No, no and no. They're doing what they're doing entirely because of politics and no other reason. There's a great video of clips made up of Democrats letting it slip what this is all about -- keeping Trump from being elected -- but due to their crass language I cannot link to it but you can look up "New RNC ad uses Democrats' own words on impeachment against them" on YouTube
          Exellent, the Dems should be doing this to keep a corrupt and treasonous president from being re-elected. Getting the cancer out, and keeping it out, that's the point, genius!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            And that headline isn't the least bit biased.
            I thought it was fun.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              And your mistake is in thinking that ...
              ...that you could actually discuss things of substance.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Exellent, the Dems should be doing this to keep a corrupt and treasonous president from being re-elected. Getting the cancer out, and keeping it out, that's the point, genius!
                I think they should keep on admitting that this has absolutely nothing to do with what Trump has done except for winning in 2016. Keep showing America just how bitter, angry and butthurt they are.

Maybe they can get Hillary to again threaten that Democrats won't be civil again unless they are voted back into power.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think they should keep on admitting that this has absolutely nothing to do with what Trump has done except for winning in 2016. Keep showing America just how bitter, angry and butthurt they are.

Maybe they can get Hillary to again threaten that Democrats won't be civil again unless they are voted back into power.
                  This is actually very entertaining .... "well, polls don't count", um.... "if they do, it just shows how dumb the American people are" .... "American wants impeachment, and we need to do our duty...." but... the people are dumb....

It's quite a confining corner into which they have painted themselves.

Comment

• I know we all tend to do it, but this is particularly entertaining to see the Dems trumpet "polls show America wants Trump impeached and removed", but when the polls show otherwise.... "it's only one poll" "it's an outlier" "polls don't matter" "the American people are stupid" "the American people are uniformed".

You can't make this stuff up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Esther View Post
                      I watched quite a bit of the Impeachment hearings. Such a big focus was about how badly President Trump treated Marie Yovanovitch and her great hurt. No testimony from her about any impeachable offense.
                      Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      That is the story told on fox etc ...
                      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Well then please do enlighten us on exactly what she said about any impeachable offense.

But before you start I suggest that you keep in mind that she confirmed that she had no first hand knowledge about any supposed quid pro quo or any other part of the investigation. Likewise, keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with a president firing an ambassador no matter how highly she thinks of herself. For instance, Obama fired every one of the holdover ambassadors from the Bush Administration, as was within his power to do. Trump was under no obligation to keep Yovanovitch, an Obama appointee.

Yeah. That's what I thought.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Okay, cold water time: micropolls MUST be weighted. Weighting is least accurate when the polity is shifting or the subject matter is unusual.

I thought Emerson's approach was probably the best available: use the 2016 election as a guide to voting behavior when weighting the poll.

That doesn't make it right!!!!!

I've been telling the Dem Squad for months not to be so danged cocksure about these micropolls - now I'm telling you guys. All micropolls are SKEWED. Right now, they are skewed in ways that are difficult to predict. They are weighted to correct for skew - but it's like firing an artillery round at a target 30 miles away that you aren't 100% sure of the location using shims to support your guide that you cut out of greenwood this morning with a ax!!!! You'll get close a lot of the time, sometimes even hit the target but you will never be precise. Then the target moves...

All that said, Emerson is probably right - because a more reliable metric supports it. Money. Trump and the RNC are breaking their own fundraising records now because they've already blasted everything else out of the water. The entire candidate field and the DNC are breaking records in a bad way - their totals are unprecedentedly low.

These metrics do not move in lockstep, but people do vote with their wallets - and that data can be easily corrected for its natural skew (donation size). The RNC is doing well in both large and, more importantly, small, donations. THAT spells real trouble for the Dems three months out.
                        Last edited by Teallaura; 11-25-2019, 08:12 AM.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          Okay, cold water time: micropolls MUST be weighted. Weighting is least accurate when the polity is shifting or the subject matter is unusual.

I thought Emerson's approach was probably the best available: use the 2016 election as a guide to voting behavior when weighting the poll.

That doesn't make it right!!!!!

I've been telling the Dem Squad for months not to be so danged cocksure about these micropolls - now I'm telling you guys. All micropolls are SKEWED. Right now, they are skewed in ways that are difficult to predict. They are weighted to correct for skew - but it's like firing an artillery round at a target 30 miles away that you aren't 100% sure of the location using shims to support your guide that you cut out of greenwood this morning with a ax!!!! You'll get close a lot of the time, sometimes even hit the target but you will never be precise. Then the target moves...

All that said, Emerson is probably right - because a more reliable metric supports it. Money. Trump and the RNC are breaking their own fundraising records now because they've already blasted everything else out of the water. The entire candidate field and the DNC are breaking records in a bad way - their totals are unprecedentedly low.

These metrics do not move in lockstep, but people do vote with their wallets - and that data can be easily corrected for its natural skew (donation size). The RNC is doing well in both large and, more importantly, small, donations. THAT spells real trouble for the Dems three months out.
                          While all that may be true, these polls are what the left was intending to use to put pressure on the Republicans in the House and Senate. That the polls didn't show an increasing desire by the American public to impeach Trump as they figured they would, and instead show the public actually soured a bit on the idea, is just a case of them essentially getting hoisted by their own petards, and some folks more than happy to point that out.

Comment

• Fact is - if there were any GOOD NEWS for support for impeachment, you wouldn't have to go hunting it.

Comment

And that makes sense, because it can translate into so many areas. As opposed to a Poly Sci or Olde English Literature or Bagpiping.

I'm not using my current degree anyway so I kind of wish I had one in bagpiping. I always thought it would be cool to learn.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                I'm not using my current degree anyway so I kind of wish I had one in bagpiping. I always thought it would be cool to learn.
                                It would always be a great topic for conversation!

Comment