Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Actually Trump did commit crimes, but you are correct, Congress determines whether or not the President has abused his powers whether those abuses are crimes codified by law or not.
    No, that literally would be an abuse of power and really would cause a constitutional crisis.

Heck, maybe Pelosi is that far around the bend - but I doubt her members all are.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      You're suggesting that Congress can impeach the president and remove him from office even if he never actually committed a crime.

That's insane, and it's directly contrary to a plain reading of the Constitution.
      Wrong. Abuse of power is a crime, but exactly what the abuse details are, are not codified. That is left for Congress to determine. At any rate that is a moot point anyway, because the President, being as corrupt as he is, has committed many crimes.

Comment

• Dem Staffer Exchanged Private Emails with Yovanovitch, Contradicting Her Sworn Testimony

https://news.yahoo.com/dem-staffer-e...133159177.html
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
          Dem Staffer Exchanged Private Emails with Yovanovitch, Contradicting Her Sworn Testimony

Read something similar just an hour or so ago.

Source: Yovanovitch communicated with Dem staffer on 'delicate' issue after complaint, emails show, despite testimony

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by rogue06; 11-17-2019, 03:26 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Wrong. Abuse of power is a crime, but exactly what the abuse details are, are not codified. That is left for Congress to determine. At any rate that is a moot point anyway, because the President, being as corrupt as he is, has committed many crimes.
            "Abuse of power" is not in the Constitution. Impeachment is explicitly for the commission of "high crimes and misdemeanors", the two examples given are treason and bribery.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

If it's not codified, it's not a crime.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Read something similar just an hour or so ago.

Source: Yovanovitch communicated with Dem staffer on 'delicate' issue after complaint, emails show, despite testimony

Source

© Copyright Original Source

That's what I was referring to - I'm gonna assume you don't need the link now.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

"Abuse of power" is not in the Constitution. Impeachment is explicitly for the commission of "high crimes and misdemeanors", the two examples given are treason and bribery.
                  https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...hment-whitaker

Comment

• Look, however you want to twist the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors", the fact of the matter is that it doesn't apply to President Trump on the simple basis that there is no evidence that he did anything deserving of impeachment.

Comment

Look, however you want to twist the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors", the fact of the matter is that it doesn't apply to President Trump on the simple basis that there is no evidence that he did anything deserving of impeachment.
                      Well, that's the understanding of unethical, unpatriotic, right wingers like Jim Jordan and yourself, who take the side of Putin and Russia over our allies in Ukraine, but your understanding is wrong. Congress determines what abuse of power is and if there was any abuse of power on the part of the president.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        If it's not codified, it's not a crime.
                        Call it what you will, it's an abuse of power. Withholding the approriated military aid in and of itself, though not codified, was an abuse of power.

Comment

Dem Staffer Exchanged Private Emails with Yovanovitch, Contradicting Her Sworn Testimony

Oh my goodness, they said hello to each other. Lock them up!

Comment

• Democrats are signaling that they're not all in lockstep concerning impeachment.

Comment

Call it what you will, it's an abuse of power. Withholding the approriated military aid in and of itself, though not codified, was an abuse of power.
                              But Jim, Ukraine got the aid without any investigation. And three times now the Ukrainian President made clear that aid was never tied to any investigation. Schiff's response to that last week was basically that Zelensky lied.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

But Jim, Ukraine got the aid without any investigation. And three times now the Ukrainian President made clear that aid was never tied to any investigation. Schiff's response to that last week was basically that Zelensky lied.
                                Furthermore, several of the "witnesses" have said that Ukraine was never even aware that aid had been temporarily suspended.

Comment