Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Jim I watched all of the first day, the first two witnesses had no first hand knowledge of wrongdoing by Trump, and neither did this last witness. So where is the crime?
    You, like Tea and rogue, are never going to see the many crimes of Trump and his administration, seer, not because they aren't in plain view for you to see, but because you refuse to see them. There are none so blind.......
    And stop complaining about first hand witnesses, first hand witnesses, for one thing, are not necessary, and for another, the only reason there have not been first hand witnesses to this point is because the criminal subject himself in this case has the power to prevent, and has prevented, the first hand witnesses from testifying. That in itself should tell you something. It's called obstruction!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      But were you squinting just so and holding your jaw at the correct angle?
      I'm sure his eyes were open, but his mind, like yours, is closed.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
        I'm sure his eyes were open, but his mind, like yours, is closed.
        That was actually a pretty good riposte. There's hope for you yet.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          !3 million people, not including those watching on line, watched the hearings, Tea. And you know what all these witnesses are testifying to, ya'll might be fooling yourselves, but theres no escaping the truth.
          3 million is less than 1% of the population Jimmy. If you met 13 million, that’s a little less than 4%. Not really a great turnout.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You, like Tea and rogue, are never going to see the many crimes of Trump and his administration, seer, not because they aren't in plain view for you to see, but because you refuse to see them. There are none so blind.......
            And stop complaining about first hand witnesses, first hand witnesses, for one thing, are not necessary, and for another, the only reason there have not been first hand witnesses to this point is because the criminal subject himself in this case has the power to prevent, and has prevented, the first hand witnesses from testifying. That in itself should tell you something. It's called obstruction!
            Jim, the impeachment isn't wearing any clothes. Your emperor is buck naked. We have no idea who you're looking at.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Jim, the impeachment isn't wearing any clothes. Your emperor is buck naked. We have no idea who you're looking at.

The naked emperor is Trump, not the impeachment, and personally, I think that you do have an idea what we're looking at, but can never get yourselves to admit to it. Party over country!

Comment

The naked emperor is Trump, not the impeachment, and personally, I think that you do have an idea what we're looking at, but can never get yourselves to admit to it. Party over country!
                Yeah, and Mueller was gonna prove collusion... No, obstruction... No, it's, it's - we don't need no stinkin' charges, we have a secondhand 'whistleblower' you don't need to hear testimony from because we have hearsay!!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, and Mueller was gonna prove collusion... No, obstruction... No, it's, it's - we don't need no stinkin' charges, we have a secondhand 'whistleblower' you don't need to hear testimony from because we have hearsay!!

Like I said above, Tea!

Comment

Like I said above, Tea!
                    You were wrong then, too, Jim.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

It's truly heart-warming to see Trump supporters presenting the party-line talking points with such blind loyalty. The problem for them is that the "secondhand 'whistleblower'" account has been substantiated. Virtually everything the whistleblower reported has been confirmed by those in the loop or present at the events in question.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        It's truly heart-warming to see Trump supporters presenting the party-line talking points with such blind loyalty. The problem for them is that the "secondhand 'whistleblower'" account has been substantiated. Virtually everything the whistleblower reported has been confirmed by those in the loop or present at the events in question.
                        And tell me Tass exactly what was confirmed? Be specific please.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          And tell me Tass exactly what was confirmed? Be specific please.
                          That Trump was fixated on Biden, bringing him up over and over something like eight times (oops. He was only brought up once, toward the end of the call and almost as an afterthought)

That Trump told them to dig up dirt on Biden if they wanted to get any aid (oops. He never asked them to dig up dirt and never put any conditions on aid as proved by the transcript and the fact that the Ukrainians never even opened up an investigation much less dug up dirt and still got their aid).

That Trump concluded the call by telling Zelensky could not call back until he had kowtowed to Trump’s demands. (oops, again never happened. Not. Even. Close. The call ended with Trump congratulating Zelensky on his election).

Um, let me get back to you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And don't forget "The President doesn't actually need to have committed a crime to be impeached!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              And don't forget "The President doesn't actually need to have committed a crime to be impeached!"
                              Actually Trump did commit crimes, but you are correct, Congress determines whether or not the President has abused his powers whether those abuses are crimes codified by law or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                Actually Trump did commit crimes, but you are correct, Congress determines whether or not the President has abused his powers whether those abuses are crimes codified by law or not.
                                You're suggesting that Congress can impeach the president and remove him from office even if he never actually committed a crime.

That's insane, and it's directly contrary to a plain reading of the Constitution.

Comment