Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This, for example, would be standard boilerplate and practice at any IT company managing client data:

Image 061.jpg
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
      It's easy to understand why y'all never detail the allegations you're making here. The accusation is that Clinton, with her email data under subpoena, ordered the secure deletion of relevant hardware. But there's nothing to suggest that happened. What the accusation refers back to is the deletion of a PST file by a PRN employee in March 2015. The employee deleted the file in response to a news report about the subpoena but there is no evidence that Clinton directed him to do so or that the use of Bleachbit was itself evidence of intent to suppress evidence. Such software use would be mandatory at almost any server hosting hosting company when it comes to client data. And folks who don't understand the first thing about this stuff really shouldn't be telling those of us who do what normal IT security practices are.

But if you talk about what really happened instead of repeating the accusation over and over then you lose the argument on the merits and it's far too precious for that to happen.

--Sam
      Your apologetics for Hillary are truly touching, but if it is all innocent as you claim, why all the lies and deceit? Hillary life repeatedly and often about her e mails and what they contained. She lied about them just being of a personal nature. She lied about them containing no classified material. Others lied about having no knowledge of the e mail server. The entire affair has been wrapped in lie after lie, so sorry Sam. Innocent people don’t need to lie and mislead the public, repeatedly and often. If this was Trump or a member of his administration, you’d be calling for impeachment, but because it’s a democrat, you make excuse after excuse. Hilary and her staff broke the law, repeatedly and knowingly. If they truly had no idea they were breaking the law, despite training and resources that told them they were, none of them needs to hold a government office if they are that forgetful.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Out of curiosity, is this Bleachbit thing so badly designed that it doesn't notify you before it starts irretrievably destroying your data?
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Not really. Read what Bleachbit's creator has to say. His software is specifically designed to render data unrecoverable.

https://docs.bleachbit.org/doc/shred...ipe-disks.html

And this from Wikipedia:

Daniel Feenberg, an economist at the private National Bureau of Economic Research, claims that the chances of overwritten data being recovered from a modern hard drive amount to "urban legend". He also points to the "​18 1⁄2-minute gap" Rose Mary Woods created on a tape of Richard Nixon discussing the Watergate break-in. Erased information in the gap has not been recovered, and Feenberg claims doing so would be an easy task compared to recovery of a modern high density digital signal.

[...]

...according to the 2014 NIST Special Publication 800-88 Rev. 1 (p. 7): "For storage devices containing magnetic media, a single overwrite pass with a fixed pattern such as binary zeros typically hinders recovery of data even if state of the art laboratory techniques are applied to attempt to retrieve the data." An analysis by Wright et al. of recovery techniques, including magnetic force microscopy, also concludes that a single wipe is all that is required for modern drives.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data...erwritten_data

Bottom line: anybody using Bleachbit wants to render their data literally unrecoverable.
          Bleachbit was never designed or intended for typical maintenance and the like. It was specifically designed to make it impossible to retrieve what it removed making it the tool of choice among organized crime groups and drug cartels.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            So you’re saying that Clinton couldn’t of accidentally made a hard drive unable to be analyzed and had to deliberately do it. Thank you.
            Considering the intent when they smashed their blackberries with hammers...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Bleachbit was never designed or intended for typical maintenance and the like. It was specifically designed to make it impossible to retrieve what it removed making it the tool of choice among organized crime groups and drug cartels.
              That's false. Bleachbit does a one-wipe zeroing out of data. Its pitch is literally that you don't need the fancy multi-step wipe that other products (ie Darik Boot & Nuke) offer or the DoD-compliant algorithmic wipes.

Bleachbit's advantage, in other words, is that it's a fast tool, albeit not as thorough.

--Sam
              Last edited by Sam; 10-11-2019, 05:55 AM.
              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Considering the intent when they smashed their blackberries with hammers...
                That's standard policy. It's the same deal as SSDs. When you're dealing with flash storage, you smash. Has nothing to do with malicious intent.

Y'all don't know about device security, that's fine. But you've had several years now to learn and to understand the essential basics of this story you love to tell. Now it's just a stubborn insistence on telling fibs about someone and that's a sign of bad character.

--Sam

Comment

That's standard policy. It's the same deal as SSDs. When you're dealing with flash storage, you smash. Has nothing to do with malicious intent.

Y'all don't know about device security, that's fine. But you've had several years now to learn and to understand the essential basics of this story you love to tell. Now it's just a stubborn insistence on telling fibs about someone and that's a sign of bad character.

--Sam
                  You don’t just destroy things, when you work for the government. Record keeping acts have to be followed before a device is destroyed. Besides, you’re still avoiding the million dollar question, why did Hillary, her staff, and the Obama administration lie about her e mail server and what it contained if nothing was wrong about it?
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• More about those sketchy "subpoenas" that House members keep sending out:

Today Chairman Adam Schiff (House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence); Chairman Elijah E. Cummings (Committee on White House Oversight; and Chairman Eliot L. Engel (House Committee on Foreign Affairs) continue sending carefully worded letters under the guise of ‘subpoenas’.

Again, just like all prior examples, this is not a “subpoena”, it is a letter calling itself a “subpoena” and carries NO legal penalty for non-compliance. A legislative “letter” needs to carry judicial enforcement authority –A PENALTY– in order to be a “subpoena”.

There is no penalty that can be associated with these demands because the Legislative Branch has not established compulsion authority (aka judicial enforcement authority), as they attempt to work through their non-constitutional “impeachment inquiry” process.

It has long been well established by SCOTUS that Congress has lawful (judicial authority) subpoena powers pursuant to its implied responsibility of legislative oversight. However, that only applies to the powers enumerated in A1§8. Neither foreign policy (Ukraine) nor impeachment have any nexus to A1§8. The customary Legislative Branch subpoena power is limited to their legislative purpose.

There is an elevated level of subpoena, made possible by SCOTUS precedent, that carries inherent penalties for non-compliance, and is specifically allowed for [in] impeachment investigations. That level of elevated House authority requires a full House authorization vote.

In this current example the Legislative Branch is expressing their “impeachment authority” as part of the Legislative Branch purpose. So that raises the issue of an entirely different type of subpoena:… A demand from congress that penetrates the constitutional separation of powers; and further penetrates the legal authority of Executive Branch executive privilege.

It was separately established by SCOTUS during the Nixon impeachment investigation that *IF* the full House votes to have the Judiciary Committee commence an impeachment investigation, then Judiciary (only) has subpoena power that can overcome executive privilege claims.

There has been NO VOTE to create that level of subpoena power.

As a consequence, the House has not created a process to penetrate the constitutionally inherent separation of powers, and/or, the legally recognized firewall known as ‘executive privilege’. The House must vote to authorize the committee impeachment investigation, and through that process the committee gains judicial enforcement authority. This creates the penalty for non-compliance with an impeachment subpoena.

A demand letter only becomes a “subpoena”, technically meaning: ‘a request for the production of documents with a penalty for non-compliance’, when the committee has judicial enforcement authority. That process establishes an enforcement penalty.

The current demand letters cannot carry a penalty because the demands do not contain judicial enforcement authority…. because the impeachment investigation was not authorized by the chamber.

The reason judicial enforcement authority is constitutionally required is because creating Judicial enforcement authority, creating the penalty for non-compliance, gives the Executive Branch a process to appeal any legislative demand via the Judicial Branch (federal courts).

Absent a penalty for non-compliance, which factually makes a subpoena a ‘subpoena’, the Executive Branch has no process to engage an appellate review by federal courts. This is the purposeful trick within the Pelosi/Lawfare road-map.

Pelosi and Lawfare’s plans are designed for public consumption; she/they are creating the illusion of something that doesn’t exist. The purpose of all this fraudulent impeachment activity is to create support for an actual impeachment process.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...perry-edition/
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You don’t just destroy things, when you work for the government. Record keeping acts have to be followed before a device is destroyed. Besides, you’re still avoiding the million dollar question, why did Hillary, her staff, and the Obama administration lie about her e mail server and what it contained if nothing was wrong about it?
                      The government, as a matter of policy, destroys hardware all the time. You think the government is keeping all of its hardware around for record keeping?

At some point, y'all are just jumping from nonsense to nonsense in order to preserve a debunked attack line. And, I'll say it again, that just indicates an integrity deficit.

--Sam

Comment

The government, as a matter of policy, destroys hardware all the time. You think the government is keeping all of its hardware around for record keeping?

At some point, y'all are just jumping from nonsense to nonsense in order to preserve a debunked attack line. And, I'll say it again, that just indicates an integrity deficit.

--Sam
                        That’s an awesome strawman you built to attack, but I work for the government and have been involved in the operation of destroying old devices. You can’t just pull it and destroy it. There’s a process in preserving relevant information before a device is destroyed. Was this process followed by Hillary and her staff? When your done with operation protect Hillary at all cost, what I actually said vs what you made up awaits an answer.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That’s an awesome strawman you built to attack, but I work for the government and have been involved in the operation of destroying old devices. You can’t just pull it and destroy it. There’s a process in preserving relevant information before a device is destroyed. Was this process followed by Hillary and her staff?
                          That'd be a good question to answer before folks start mouthing off about how destroying the devices shows proof of malfeasance. Lucky for us, the FBI spent a pretty long time investigating the matter and did not find evidence of such ill intent.

--Sam

Comment

That'd be a good question to answer before folks start mouthing off about how destroying the devices shows proof of malfeasance. Lucky for us, the FBI spent a pretty long time investigating the matter and did not find evidence of such ill intent.

--Sam
                            The law says nothing about intent Sam. They were given the training, they know better. They were playing stupid because they figure most don’t know any better. The fact is, Hillary, her staff, and even Obama himself lied repeatedly about the whole e mail situation. Another issue you avoid and makes people wonder if proper protocol was followed. Again, a detail you ignore in your quest to excuse away anything a democrat says or does.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Ah, yes. This is the feeling.

Comment

• I double dog dare them!

Tlaib says Democrats have discussed detaining White House officials who don't testify

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) revealed in a new interview that House Democrats have discussed jailing allies of the president who do not comply with congressional subpoenas, an escalation of the House's efforts to force White House compliance with an impeachment inquiry.

Tlaib told Deadline Detroit that such an action, known as inherent contempt, would be "uncharted territory" for Congress but added that "serious discussions" about taking the step have occurred within the Democratic caucus.

“There have been actual serious conversations about what the logistics would look like... if we did have to force someone through a court order to come before the Congressional committee," she said. "This is pretty uncharted territory for many of us and even for Congress.”

Tlaib's comments echoed those of Rep. John Garamendi (D-Calif.), who called for the House to do as much in a CNN interview earlier this week.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...cials-who-dont
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment