Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    "If the situation was X then people I disagree with would be doing Y!"

Isn't it amazing how unfounded speculation always seems to support your narrative? It's almost like you're putting your boot heel on the scale.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam View Post
    I am not optimistic, as that would require that new information be absorbed when so many still have not incorporated the old, even after extensive repetition.

--Sam
    This seems to have aged well.

I have a nagging feeling that if known Obama associates had been revealed through text messages to be stalking a US ambassador with an implied threat of violence as part of a larger effort to remove her from the position in order to allow the accusations of a disgraced former prosecutor to move forward against, say, Ted Cruz, there probably would've been some sort of focus from the usual suspects here.

Says quite a bit and none of it good.

--Sam

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Mitch McConnell drops a truth bomb:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42164[/ATTACH]
    https://twitter.com/senatemajldr/sta...agers-n2559495
    That's just Moscow Mitchs' fodder for the mindless sheep, MM.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Mitch McConnell drops a truth bomb:

Capture.JPG
    https://twitter.com/senatemajldr/sta...agers-n2559495

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I'm not excited, Tea, I'm concerned. I'm concerned that there are so many blind or complicit Americans out there that approve of the lies, or are naively taken in by this wannabe lawless tyrant and the cowardice, unprincipled, unpatriotic, and complicit republican party that defends him. And no, you don't wanna see a real trial, you just wanna see the wannabe tyrant beat the rap in a sham trial and you all make this very clear every time you argue against relevant evidence being introduced at trial. What concerns me is that there are so many of you out there that are either to biased to see, or just care more about the team they happen to be a member of, than they do about the law, about democracy or about their country.
    CEPG0BtWoAAlovd.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    It's fun watching liberals cry their impotent tears of rage.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Wash rinse repeat - you get all excited over the new shiny bombshell and all defensive when it turns into yet another dud.

And this time, it's gonna be a whooping goose egg. You forget - I wanna see what happens when the garbage the House threw together hits a real trial with real evidentiary standards. Oh and FYI - since Bolton wasn't subpoenaed by the House good luck convincing a judge he's now somehow necessary.
    I'm not excited, Tea, I'm concerned. I'm concerned that there are so many blind or complicit Americans out there that approve of the lies, or are naively taken in by this wannabe lawless tyrant and the cowardice, unprincipled, unpatriotic, and complicit republican party that defends him. And no, you don't wanna see a real trial, you just wanna see the wannabe tyrant beat the rap in a sham trial and you all make this very clear every time you argue against relevant evidence being introduced at trial. What concerns me is that there are so many of you out there that are either to biased to see, or just care more about the team they happen to be a member of, than they do about the law, about democracy or about their country.
    Last edited by JimL; 01-15-2020, 09:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And it isn't as if whistleblowers haven't testified before Congress before.
    Yeah, but this is different because something something Trump!

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Cruz has formally proposed 'witness reciprocity' (literally a duh, yeah) and McConnell seems very supportive...

Bolton v. Ciaramella!!!

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    Which aspects have been discredited?
    The allegations in the complaint that do not match the call. Quite a few, actually.

Good thing we no longer have to speculate about Trump's possibly having a legitimate motive after the document dump from today if you saw Rudy's letter to Zelensky.
    Nice try - but yeah, you DO have to establish motive and that ain't gonna do it.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Schiff leads Intel; he's not on Judiciary.

Ciaramella is not entitled to whistle blower status as he contacted Schiff's office BEFORE filing the complaint which voids the claim. Other than to protect Schiff's misconduct, there's no valid reason to exclude Ciaramella as a witness even if he were entitled to whistle blower protection. None.

Much of the complaint has been discredited, not confirmed. Worse, it reads like a lawyer wrote it or helped a lot.

Biden would be a witness toward motive and should not be excluded in a fair proceeding.

Leave a comment:

• Tassman
    replied
    Wash rinse repeat - you get all excited over the new shiny bombshell and all defensive when it turns into yet another dud.
    No “duds.” The impeachment inquiry found that Trump, personally and through agents solicited the interference of a foreign government to benefit his reelection. And, despite unequaled stonewalling by the WH, numerous witness testimony supported this accusation.

And this time, it's gonna be a whooping goose egg. You forget - I wanna see what happens when the garbage the House threw together hits a real trial with real evidentiary standards.
    Dream on...

Oh and FYI - since Bolton wasn't subpoenaed by the House good luck convincing a judge he's now somehow necessary.
    Bolton has already said that he will respond to a subpoena about the "drug-deal" he witnessed during the Ukraine maneuverings – no need to take it to the court.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Robert F Hyde is in the news.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    The first set of Lev Parnas documents have been released by House Judiciary. Here is a note from Lev confirming that the goal was to get Zelensky to announce investigations into the Bidens.

Bad news for the bad guys :).

ETA: Here's some WhatsApp messages about tracking Marie Yavonovitch's movement's and hinting at planning her murder(!).

Beyond sickening.

Assuming these are legit anyone ready to get off the Trump Train yet?
    I doubt it. Most of these guys gave up a moral position in favor of Trump long ago. They'll just come up with more excuses for why it's ok after all.

Leave a comment:

• DivineOb
    replied

Much of the complaint has been discredited, not confirmed. Worse, it reads like a lawyer wrote it or helped a lot.
    Which aspects have been discredited?

Biden would be a witness toward motive and should not be excluded in a fair proceeding.
    Good thing we no longer have to speculate about Trump's possibly having a legitimate motive after the document dump from today if you saw Rudy's letter to Zelensky.

Leave a comment: