Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    See, you're admitting again -- it's all political.
    No. It's about acceptable and unacceptable behavior by a president. Let's get back to the facts of what happened: The president of the United States shook down a foreign power to come and get involved in the US election. That's wrong! Seventeen credible witnesses have testified to this effect. And the American public is about evenly split over whether President Donald Trump should be impeached and removed from office because of it. In short, if Trump were not being supported by his ever-loyal base, i.e. the likes of you, he would be OUT.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      The House still needs to vote to authorize an impeachment inquiry.
      I thought they did that at the end of October. Trust Pelosi, she knows what she’s doing. Repubs are just being obstructive, as usual.

The dastardly Repubs, like their master and commander, do not care about the law, and will put up any number of silly objections to anything that the heroic Dems do to perform their sacred duty under the Constitution.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
        I thought they did that at the end of October.
        Nope. What they voted on was a resolution to change the rules of an inquiry that was assumed to already be official. The inquiry itself was never authorized through a formal vote. This whole process has been incredibly sketchy.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Nope. What they voted on was a resolution to change the rules of an inquiry that was assumed to already be official. The inquiry itself was never authorized through a formal vote. This whole process has been incredibly sketchy.
          Remember that the initial investigation had to do with the whistleblower complaint because the evil Barr had already swept it under the carpet. Trump and the Repubs have broken the government and only the angelic Dems are working to get it back on track, even while the craven Repubs are trying to derail the process.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            You know and i know that ultimately the american people are the jury, and that is why republicans want to toss it out so that the American people can't make that judgement for themselves, and not because the republicans in the Senate already know the verdict. They want to hide it from you, and you want to hide it from yourselves.
            What are you even talking about? The American people are against the impeachment already. And we don't have a say in the verdict. It takes 2/3 of the Senate to pass the impeachment. They don't have the numbers. Not even close. The Senators have been watching the same hearings in the House as everyone else has. They know what a weak case the Democrats have. Heck now they are saying they are impeaching Trump for what they think he MIGHT do in the future! Shades of Minority Report!

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
              Remember that the initial investigation had to do with the whistleblower complaint because the evil Barr had already swept it under the carpet. Trump and the Repubs have broken the government and only the angelic Dems are working to get it back on track, even while the craven Repubs are trying to derail the process.
              I've told you before that your trolling would be a lot more successful if you didn't scare the fish away by vigorously splashing the water.
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 12-17-2019, 08:10 AM.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                No. It's about acceptable and unacceptable behavior by a president....
                Nope - it's about politics --- an extremely PARTISAN battle, with each side calculating very carefully whether this will help or hurt them to keep or gain power.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  The dastardly Repubs, like their master and commander, do not care about the law, and will put up any number of silly objections to anything that the heroic Dems do to perform their sacred duty under the Constitution.
                  The Lord God is my master and commander, and He wrote the laws that are the most important.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Remember that the initial investigation had to do with the whistleblower complaint....
                    The same day they CHANGED the rules which JimL claimed could not be changed during this session of Congress?

Comment

The same day they CHANGED the rules which JimL claimed could not be changed during this session of Congress?
                      Pelosi is a Saint and is therefore incapable of doing wrong.

Comment

Maybe a Saint Bernard.

Comment

Pelosi is wrong and is therefore incapable of being a Saint.

Comment

Nope - it's about politics --- an extremely PARTISAN battle, with each side calculating very carefully whether this will help or hurt them to keep or gain power.
                            Glad to see that you recognise the unprincipled nature of your own side at least, it's all about a cover-up to protect their team. The Dems on the other hand are acting on principle, abiding their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              If these witnesses have evidence that would convict Trump, why didn't the House call them?

It is up to the House to provide the evidence to support their case. If they can't then the case drops.

They haven't proved anything.
                              In support of that:

"The Senate is meant to act as judge and jury, to hear a trial, not to re-run the entire fact-finding investigation because angry partisans rushed sloppily through it,” - Senator McConnell

Comment

The Lord God is my master and commander, and He wrote the laws that are the most important.
                                And what is the exact point in the above statement with regard to impeachment?
                                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment