Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Pelosi uses two dozen souvenir pens to sign the articles of impeachment and then eagerly hands them out to Democrat congressmen afterwards. But she's very saddened by this solemn occasion (giggle giggle).

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...f-impeachment/
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-15-2020, 06:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Ah. OK. Thanks. I couldn't find the timeline on this.
    It's a complicated one. JustSecurity keeps theirs pretty well updated (doesn't look like the recent Parnas/Giuliani documents have been added yet). Two events that bracket the Giuliani letter:

April 24: Ambassador Yovanavich is suddenly recalled to USA.

May 10: Giuliani letter to Zelensky (Giuliani cancels trip on May 11)

May 13: Trump orders Pence to not attend Zelensky inauguration.

--Sam

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    If you are that willing to read into the texts such dire threats, I'm not sure dialogue with you is going to be productive. They are clearly trying to get her fired. I don't at all approve of the language they used or their disparagement of her, but when you believe that the other side is literally plotting to murder people.... Dude.
    Wrong, Trump could have fired her at any time for any reason, but instead he had his gang over there tracking Yovanovitch while telling Zelensky that she is going to go through some things. Yovanovitch, a long time ambassador dealing with corruption was obviously in the way of Trumps corrupt scheme and he probably felt he couldn't legitimately fire her without raising questions and risking the possiblity of that scheme being exposed. When Robert Hyde said I guess anything can be done for a price in Ukraine, or words to that effect, I highly doubt that he meant the price required was for help in tracking her. It seems they were already tracking her every movement with no problem. I wonder what else you think he could have meant by that remark? Whatever it was, it wasn't legal, and it was obviously under the direction of Trump since they were working for him.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Fair question with a quick answer: Giuliani didn't go to Ukraine in May 2019. After the NYT article, Giuliani got significant heat for embarking on a personal political errand for Trump and canceled.

Giuliani had been piggy-backing on Manafort's Ukraine connections with the previous presidents. When Zelensky was elected and put a halt to Lusensko's efforts, Giuliani and Trump had to start over. Giuliani's planned May trip was the original plan to get Zelensky to reopen those investigations, along with getting rid of thea ambassador. When he couldn't make the trip, we start seeing how Giuliani, Parnas, Trump and others maneuvered to avoid the "official channel" while still getting this meeting with Zelensky. Eventually, Trump just made the ask explicitly on his July 25 call.

--Sam
    Ah. OK. Thanks. I couldn't find the timeline on this.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Sam I have a question or two. That letter from Giuliani talking about going to meet Zelensky in the Ukraine was in May. But Trump's phone call to Zelensky asking him to investigate the prosecutor was in July and in it he says he will be sending over Giuliani to discuss the matter.

So how can Giullani's trip in May be about the Bidens before Trump even brought it up in July? And if he did do so, then why was Trump bringing it up in July as if for the first time and talking about sending Giuliani over to discuss it if he already did?
    Fair question with a quick answer: Giuliani didn't go to Ukraine in May 2019. After the NYT article, Giuliani got significant heat for embarking on a personal political errand for Trump and canceled.

Giuliani had been piggy-backing on Manafort's Ukraine connections with the previous presidents. When Zelensky was elected and put a halt to Lusensko's efforts, Giuliani and Trump had to start over. Giuliani's planned May trip was the original plan to get Zelensky to reopen those investigations, along with getting rid of thea ambassador. When he couldn't make the trip, we start seeing how Giuliani, Parnas, Trump and others maneuvered to avoid the "official channel" while still getting this meeting with Zelensky. Eventually, Trump just made the ask explicitly on his July 25 call.

--Sam

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Sam I have a question or two. That letter from Giuliani talking about going to meet Zelensky in the Ukraine was in May. But Trump's phone call to Zelensky asking him to investigate the prosecutor was in July and in it he says he will be sending over Giuliani to discuss the matter.

So how can Giullani's trip in May be about the Bidens before Trump even brought it up in July? And if he did do so, then why was Trump bringing it up in July as if for the first time and talking about sending Giuliani over to discuss it if he already did?
    That was just Trump covering his tracks, like when he explicitly told Sondland that there was to be no quid pro quo!

Haven't you figured it out yet that any fact that might serve to exonerate Trump is just further proof of his guilt?

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    Would you please comment on why Lev Parnas has text messages (Business Insider) discussing tracking Maria Yovanovitch's movements, her security detail, and what plainly sounds like a plot to harm her?

Read these and give me your benign explanation. I literally felt queasy in my stomach for hours after reading them.
    If you are that willing to read into the texts such dire threats, I'm not sure dialogue with you is going to be productive. They are clearly trying to get her fired. I don't at all approve of the language they used or their disparagement of her, but when you believe that the other side is literally plotting to murder people.... Dude.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    You're never gonna be anything greater than a toadie, man.

--Sam
    Remember, court cases do not depend on what you assume or infer but on what you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt. So where's the proof? Do you guys have more than just insults? And, no, I'm not complaining that you insulted me but simply pointing out that all you did was insult me without even trying to address the substance of my post. That's weak, man.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    It is clear that conversation with you is pointless.
    What's clear is that I reject your paranoia.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Seriously? That made you feel queasy? Maybe it was something you ate.

As for a "benign" explanation, I can think of any number of non-nefarious reasons why someone might want to keep tabs on someone else, and I'm sure you can, too. I also don't see anything that could be definitively read as them wanting to harm her. "They are willing to help if we/you would like a price" could mean pretty much anything. Help with monitoring her communications? Help with staying up all night to conduct surveillance on her residence? Help with planting listening devices in her car? I don't know, and neither do you.
    You're never gonna be anything greater than a toadie, man.

--Sam

Leave a comment:

• DivineOb
    replied

As for a "benign" explanation, I can think of any number of non-nefarious reasons why someone might want to keep tabs on someone else, and I'm sure you can, too. I also don't see anything that could be definitively read as them wanting to harm her. "They are willing to help if we/you would like a price" could mean pretty much anything. Help with monitoring her communications? Help with staying up all night to conduct surveillance on her residence? Help with planting listening devices in her car? I don't know, and neither do you.
    It is clear that conversation with you is pointless.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Would you please comment on why Lev Parnas has text messages (Business Insider) discussing tracking Maria Yovanovitch's movements, her security detail, and what plainly sounds like a plot to harm her?

Read these and give me your benign explanation. I literally felt queasy in my stomach for hours after reading them.

Leave a comment:

• DivineOb
    replied
    This seems to have aged well.
    John 11:35

Leave a comment:

• DivineOb
    replied
    "If the situation was X then people I disagree with would be doing Y!"

Isn't it amazing how unfounded speculation always seems to support your narrative? It's almost like you're putting your boot heel on the scale.

Leave a comment: