Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    If that's what Trump wants, then that's what he'd get since the unprincipled Moscow Mitch is coordinating with the White House on how to conduct this trial. Lets see if that's what he really wants?
    You need new material JimL.

Haven't you been to your talking points site lately?

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      If that's what Trump wants, then that's what he'd get since the unprincipled Moscow Mitch is coordinating with the White House on how to conduct this trial. Lets see if that's what he really wants?
      Jim, Mitch is just as entitled to coordinate with Trump as Nadler and Schiff were with Pelosi. There are pluses and minuses to having a protracted trial in the Senate, or just shutting it down and moving on with business.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Congresswoman Slotkin (D-MN) seems to be setting the stage for her voting NO on impeachment.

She says there are at least two Dem "no", and others are texting like crazy trying to figure this out.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Congresswoman Slotkin (D-MN) seems to be setting the stage for her voting NO on impeachment.

She says there are at least two Dem "no", and others are texting like crazy trying to figure this out.
          Don't they know that Nadler can subpoena their texts?

Comment

Jim, Mitch is just as entitled to coordinate with Trump as Nadler and Schiff were with Pelosi. There are pluses and minuses to having a protracted trial in the Senate, or just shutting it down and moving on with business.
            That's just dumb, CP. Schiff and Pelosi are not on trial, Trump is. Moscow Mitch is coordinating with the subject/defendent he is supposed to be judging.

Comment

Congresswoman Slotkin (D-MN) seems to be setting the stage for her voting NO on impeachment.

Doing the right thing can at times be very difficult, Pastor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Don't they know that Nadler can subpoena their texts?
                That's more of a Shifty Schiff maneuver. I think Nadler is doing well just remembering what day of the week it is.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I hope they shut it down, I don't want anything competing with the Barr Durham report...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    I hope they shut it down, I don't want anything competing with the Barr Durham report...
                    Good point .... unless maybe that gets pulled into the Senate trial!

Comment

• So, the next phase, reportedly, is going to the rules committee on Tuesday to determine how lopsided the actual vote will happen.
                      Supposedly, the actual vote on the floor will be the following day.

Comment

Good point .... unless maybe that gets pulled into the Senate trial!
                        That would just muddy the waters. We need a clean Senate review of the Durham report. Like the IG report - that was illuminating! It shut up a couple of my liberal friends...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• FURTHER proof that this entire impeachment fiasco is all about politics...

Inside the jockeying to prosecute Donald Trump's impeachment

WASHINGTON — In furtive conversations with senior colleagues on the House floor, with their own aides and in private conclaves like Wednesday's weekly Congressional Black Caucus luncheon, Democratic lawmakers have been quietly trying to game out how to become one of the "managers" who will prosecute the case in the Senate if the House impeaches President Donald Trump.

"There are a lot of discussions going on and rumors," Rep. Val Demings, D-Fla., a member of the House Judiciary Committee and the CBC, said after the panel's impeachment meeting Wednesday night. "I’m told that my name is on the list [for consideration], but I have not actively sought to be one of the floor managers. ... If the speaker would like for me to do that, I would be happy to do it."

The allure of being named to a select group for a historic mission — no matter the cautionary tale provided by the last Senate trial of a president — is as self-evident as most lawmakers' desire to carve out a personal legacy, get more airtime on television and raise more campaign money.

At the same time, it's a complicated task for the politically ambitious because the picks will be made solely at the discretion of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and many House members presume that it could be disqualifying to lobby too hard — especially publicly — for posts that require the utmost solemnity.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            That would just muddy the waters. We need a clean Senate review of the Durham report.
                            How does one "muddy the waters" on this muddy mess?

Comment

FURTHER proof that this entire impeachment fiasco is all about politics...

Inside the jockeying to prosecute Donald Trump's impeachment

WASHINGTON — In furtive conversations with senior colleagues on the House floor, with their own aides and in private conclaves like Wednesday's weekly Congressional Black Caucus luncheon, Democratic lawmakers have been quietly trying to game out how to become one of the "managers" who will prosecute the case in the Senate if the House impeaches President Donald Trump.

"There are a lot of discussions going on and rumors," Rep. Val Demings, D-Fla., a member of the House Judiciary Committee and the CBC, said after the panel's impeachment meeting Wednesday night. "I’m told that my name is on the list [for consideration], but I have not actively sought to be one of the floor managers. ... If the speaker would like for me to do that, I would be happy to do it."

The allure of being named to a select group for a historic mission — no matter the cautionary tale provided by the last Senate trial of a president — is as self-evident as most lawmakers' desire to carve out a personal legacy, get more airtime on television and raise more campaign money.

At the same time, it's a complicated task for the politically ambitious because the picks will be made solely at the discretion of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and many House members presume that it could be disqualifying to lobby too hard — especially publicly — for posts that require the utmost solemnity.

How is that proof the impeachment itself is 'all (only?) about politics'?
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

How does one "muddy the waters" on this muddy mess?
                                By allowing the media to focus on impeachment rather than the Durham report, effectively ignoring the Durham report... Besides the Russian thing is not really related to the impeachment articles.

Comment