Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, we understand you'd like an imperial presidency, seer. Unfortunately for you we have a democracy with 3 co-equal branches and a Constitition which Trump and his White House councel are falsely accusing the House of not following in order to continue the cover-up of his own unconstitutional activities.
    And we know you support unfounded and partisan attempt to remove a duly elected President. And what unconstitutional activities? What crime is he accused of Jim?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      And we know you support unfounded and partisan attempt to remove a duly elected President. And what unconstitutional activities? What crime is he accused of Jim?
      Surely you know what the accusations are by now, seer. Yes? And that you believe it is unfounded and partison is irrelevant, it is the responsibility of Congress to determine the validity of the accusations, regardless of what you or I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Surely you know what the accusations are by now, seer. Yes? And that you believe it is unfounded and partison is irrelevant, it is the responsibility of Congress to determine the validity of the accusations, regardless of what you or I believe.
        No Jim, school - what crime is this impeachment based on, please name it. At least with Clinton there were actual crimes, and I did not support that.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Is there such a thing as impeachment of an unduly elected president?

I guess there could be, if the president came to power by illegitimate means; say welcoming interference by a foreign government or with the help of pervasive voter suppression or whatnot.

Fun mental exercise.

--Sam
          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

No Jim, school - what crime is this impeachment based on, please name it. At least with Clinton there were actual crimes, and I did not support that.

Man, I just can't remember you demanding US Code from anybody here who was accusing Clinton or Obama of crimes back in the day.

Weird.

--Sam
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

I guess there could be, if the president came to power by illegitimate means; say welcoming interference by a foreign government or with the help of pervasive voter suppression or whatnot.

Fun mental exercise.

--Sam
              So Sam, why not have a vote in the house? And interference by a foreign government? Like with the Ukraine and Hillary? Or FusionGPS and the Russia dossier which use Russian sources?
              Last edited by seer; 10-09-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                It’s too bad none have been issued, but no you wouldn’t. You’re right now, attempting to defend Warren’s changing story on why she’s resigned from teaching in 71. If it was Trump, you’d be calling him a liar.
                I was wondering when someone would point out that there have been no Subpoenas sent only requests letters which is all that the democrats can send until there is a vote in the house to hold PUBLIC impeachment hearings.
                Last edited by RumTumTugger; 10-09-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Man, I just can't remember you demanding US Code from anybody here who was accusing Clinton or Obama of crimes back in the day.

Weird.

--Sam
                  They were not impeached, I'm just trying to find out which crime this impeachment is based on. Any idea?

Comment

Weird.

--Sam
                    They were not impeached, I'm just trying to find out which crime this impeachment is based on. Any idea?
                    I do wish people would be clear as to which Clinton they meant. One Clinton was impeached.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      I do wish people would be clear as to which Clinton they meant. One Clinton was impeached.
                      He was guilty of actual crimes, I think he meant Hillary though.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                        Yes, fair. I was referring to Hillary Clinton and Obama, who folks 'round here fairly routinely accused of crimes without specifying to what they were referring to in US criminal code.

To the point about impeachment: don't have to commit a crime to be impeached but the same criticism about past behavior would apply. Being impeached doesn't create a special necessity to dig up USC sections and clauses.

--Sam

Comment

....blah, blah, blah

--Sam
                          Translation: I can't admit I'm wrong so I'll keep saying the same silly thing until she gives up.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Fun mental exercise.

--Sam
                            mental: of, relating to, or affected by a psychiatric disorder

Yep, that describes liberals ever since Trump beat Hillary!
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                              I was wondering when someone would point out that there have been no Subpoenas sent only requests letters which is all that the democrats can send until there is a vote in the house to hold PUBLIC impeachment hearings.
                              In theory, the House could vote to grant subpoena authority to a secret committee, but obviously the Republicans would never go along with that, so until such authority is granted, legally impotent "demand letters" is the best Democrats can do, and the White House will justifiably fight every single one of them.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes, fair. I was referring to Hillary Clinton and Obama, who folks 'round here fairly routinely accused of crimes without specifying to what they were referring to in US criminal code.

To the point about impeachment: don't have to commit a crime to be impeached but the same criticism about past behavior would apply. Being impeached doesn't create a special necessity to dig up USC sections and clauses.

--Sam
                                Then they can make up anything up they so choose, thanks for the clarification. Clinton was impeached for actual crimes, and even there I did not support it because he was lying to a court about a sexual relationship. The fact is Sam you can not point to any actual crime. Like I said it is no more than a fishing expedition - and I hope Trump will resist it...

Comment