Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    We don't need your Breitbart hearsay.

    Ambassador Sondland publicly testified there was a quid pro quo for Ukraine to announce an investigation and that it came at the 'express direction of the President.' "Everyone was in the loop," he said. "It was no secret”. This has been confirmed by senior U.S. diplomats and national security experts who have testified before Congress about maneuvering by President Donald Trump or aides to pressure Ukraine to investigate his political rivals. Soliciting foreign interference in a US election is an impeachable offence and all indications are that this was precisely what Trump was attempting to do. .
    Isn't that exactly what the Democrats are doing now and for the last 3 years? They have been investigating Trump, coming up with fake Russian conspiracies, hiring a foreign national to write a fake report, and now trying to use impeachment as a method to eliminate Trump from the next election.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      We don't need your Breitbart hearsay.
      Hearsay Can Be Much Better Evidence Than Direct Evidence, Tass!
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

      Comment


      • That's what my friend's sister's cousin said!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          That's what my friend's sister's cousin said!
          Did you hear this personally?
          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Did you hear this personally?
            I heard that someone said it, so it must be true.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I heard that someone said it, so it must be true.
              I heard it through the grapevine and I'm just about to lose my mind...
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Biden didn't make a quid pro quo, Obama did, and in that case it was perfectly legal since the quo wasn't for Obama's personal gain.
                Uh huh. Interested in buying a bridge in NYC?
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  He's been trolling for a week nowever.
                  Ftfy, n/c.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Uh huh. Interested in buying a bridge in NYC?
                    Yah huh. Care to dispute it, or can't you?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      We don't need your Breitbart hearsay.

                      Ambassador Sondland publicly testified there was a quid pro quo for Ukraine to announce an investigation and that it came at the 'express direction of the President.' "Everyone was in the loop," he said. "It was no secret”. This has been confirmed by senior U.S. diplomats and national security experts who have testified before Congress about maneuvering by President Donald Trump or aides to pressure Ukraine to investigate his political rivals. Soliciting foreign interference in a US election is an impeachable offence and all indications are that this was precisely what Trump was attempting to do. .
                      Then rapidly walked it back during cross-examination reduced to saying that he "guessed" and "presumed."

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        I heard it through the grapevine and I'm just about to lose my mind...
                        00000000000000ab000-00aaahx5.jpg

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Yah huh. Care to dispute it, or can't you?
                          You're attributing what Biden said to Obama. That Biden invoked Obama's authority doesn't change that Clown Shoes Joe made the quid pro quo. It also doesn't make the situation ethically much better, since your scenario makes Obama out to be abusing the power of his office for his VP's son.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            You're attributing what Biden said to Obama. That Biden invoked Obama's authority doesn't change that Clown Shoes Joe made the quid pro quo.
                            Seems the part that you don't understand is that a quid pro quo in and of itself is not illegal or wrong in any way. Like Mulvaney said, though mistakingly in his case, we do this all the time. But, we do it all the time for things that are in the interest of the country, not for ones personal gain of any kind. The U.S. as well as the rest of the western world wanted Shoken gone because of the rampant corruption which he, as Prosecutor General was a part of. We were trying to help them clean up the corruption as well as give them much needed economic aid. That really doesn't even add up to a quid pro quo since the U.S. wasn't recieving anything in the deal.


                            It also doesn't make the situation ethically much better, since your scenario makes Obama out to be abusing the power of his office for his VP's son.
                            See the above. Obama recieved nothing in return, Trump demanded something in return, and not for the country, but to benefit himself politically.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Isn't that exactly what the Democrats are doing now and for the last 3 years? They have been investigating Trump, coming up with fake Russian conspiracies,
                              Not at all. The Mueller Report made very clear that that Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, both by using social media to influence American voters with misinformation and by hacking into the Clinton campaign’s computers and etc. This despite Putin's discredited attempt to blame Ukraine - as being pursued by the ever-obedient Trump.

                              and now trying to use impeachment as a method to eliminate Trump from the next election.
                              No. This is Congress doing legitimate oversight into presidential abuse of the Constitution. There is specific evidence that Trump abused the office of the President for his own gain, including an overheard phone call between Trump and Sondland demanding foreign interference into a domestic political rival.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                Not at all. The Mueller Report made very clear that that Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, both by using social media to influence American voters with misinformation and by hacking into the Clinton campaign’s computers and etc. This despite Putin's discredited attempt to blame Ukraine - as being pursued by the ever-obedient Trump.



                                No. This is Congress doing legitimate oversight into presidential abuse of the Constitution. There is specific evidence that Trump abused the office of the President for his own gain, including an overheard phone call between Trump and Sondland demanding foreign interference into a domestic political rival.
                                It’s truly amazing how quickly the Mueller report was dismissed. I had no interest in Trump until I read a story about the controversial report so I read the report for myself. I was honestly confused when it seemed to just fizzle out of public interest. I mean it detailed the scope and sophistication of Russian interference and confirmed connections with members of the trump campaign then concluded with a whole new section just for the attempts to obstruct the investigation by trump himself.

                                Regardless of trumps involvement, at the very least I thought that amount of election interference would be cause for concern for all Americans. Now it’s just referred to as the Russian hoax.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Reepicheep, Yesterday, 08:50 AM
                                8 responses
                                121 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post LeaC
                                by LeaC
                                 
                                Started by rogue06, 01-16-2021, 04:20 PM
                                59 responses
                                450 views
                                5 likes
                                Last Post Cow Poke  
                                Started by Sparko, 01-16-2021, 09:35 AM
                                8 responses
                                92 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post LeaC
                                by LeaC
                                 
                                Started by CivilDiscourse, 01-15-2021, 06:39 PM
                                18 responses
                                162 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post whag
                                by whag
                                 
                                Started by seer, 01-15-2021, 02:30 PM
                                7 responses
                                67 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post seer
                                by seer
                                 
                                Working...
                                X