Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The folks at Issues & Insights explain how DAMNING the impeachment report is... for Democrats!

One excerpt....

So the Democrats’ entire impeachment case rests on two pillars. First, that Trump threatened national security by withholding an aid package to Ukraine. And, second, that he did so in order to get Ukraine’s new president to publicly announce investigations into two supposedly bogus scandals – Joe Biden’s son, and Ukraine’s efforts to keep Trump out of the White House – simply to wound Biden politically.

But read into the report, and then look through the Republican response, and you come to realize that the Democrats fail to support either claim. In fact, in some ways, they make Trump’s case for him.
    It was never about supporting the claims but simply getting the accusations on the official record.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Because Schiffy little Napoean had him and his team "investigated" too?
      I dream that I could be as great a man as Adam Schiff.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
        I suppose dreaming small is one way of making them more easily attainable.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          I trust you will wake up and come to your senses. Perhaps stop eating hot wings just before bed, and those nightmares might subside.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• She makes a very good point:
            “And here, Mr. Collins, I would like to say to you, sir, that I read transcripts of every one of the witnesses who appeared in the live hearing, because I would not speak about these things without reviewing the facts,” Karlan said. “So I’m insulted by the suggestion that as a law professor, I don’t care about those facts. But everything I read on those occasions tells me that when President Trump invited — indeed demanded — foreign involvement in our upcoming election, he struck at the very heart of what makes this a republic to which we pledge allegiance.”
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

She makes a very good point:
                as someone who watched hte hearings it is not a good point becuase she has shown she does not care about facts since she accepts third and fourth hadn hearsay and opinion as facts. I have news for her they aren't.

Comment

Trump didn't ask them to interfere with the election. The democrats don't even have a candidate yet. What he asked them was to investigate a crime that Biden admitted to [bragged even] on camera.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                    Turley makes a better point...

This would be the first impeachment in history where there would be considerable debate — and, in my view, not compelling evidence — of the commission of a crime.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...can-president/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Turley makes a better point...

This would be the first impeachment in history where there would be considerable debate — and, in my view, not compelling evidence — of the commission of a crime.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...can-president/
                      Turley nailed it today, on so many levels...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Turley nailed it today, on so many levels...
                        Which was likely why the Democrat lawyer asking questions pretended he wasn't there and directed no questions to him (unless he did so when I went to the bathroom).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You dream about becoming an even lesser man?

Ooookay. I guess to each his own.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Trump didn't ask them to interfere with the election. The democrats don't even have a candidate yet. What he asked them was to investigate a crime that Biden admitted to [bragged even] on camera.
                            Wrong in every possible respect and detail. That’s what comes from being away for so long.

Comment

Wrong in every possible respect and detail. That’s what comes from being away for so long.
                              FLASHBACK, 2018: Joe Biden Brags At CFR Meeting About Withholding Aid To Ukraine To Force Firing Of Prosecutor

Biden: So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him.

(Laughter.)

I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...31358_c_kNvIES

He got a crooked Ukrainian company to give his son a job doing nothing, then had the gall to blackmail them into firing the prosecutor who was investigating it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                FLASHBACK, 2018: Joe Biden Brags At CFR Meeting About Withholding Aid To Ukraine To Force Firing Of Prosecutor

Biden: So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him.

(Laughter.)

I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...31358_c_kNvIES

He got a crooked Ukrainian company to give his son a job doing nothing, then had the gall to blackmail them into firing the prosecutor who was investigating it!
                                But the prosecutor wasn't doing any investigating, so that makes it okay!
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment