Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DivineOb
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Yeah - no. You called my source into question so I addressed it - and ended up calling your source into question. Fox or Politico could have made an error - but it hasn't been shown. But Feinstein's office? Are you really okay with that?
    I called Feinstein's office because I'm a constituent who wanted to hear what they had to say. I reported what they said because I thought it would be of general interest. If they had said they stand by the quote I would have reported that as well as a matter of general interest. If they had said she will put out a clarifying statement later today I would have reported that as a matter of general interest etc.

I just called her office and here is what I was told.

The senator was "misquoted" in that article.
    The Senator has always and continues to support Pelosi on her handling of impeachment.
    An impeachment trial must include all relevant witnesses and documents.

Make of that what you will.
    If you think I called your source into question then quote me, exactly, where I did that.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Are you okay? Seriously, this is creepy.
    I think it's his attempt at mimicking firstfloor's wit, but he's not nearly as clever a wordsmith.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, democrats can have and voice differing opinions as to political tactics, but ultimately they'll also put their trust in the hands of she who they respect the most.
    Are you okay? Seriously, this is creepy.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    The democrats all walked back their comments today and put their confidence in Pelosi.
    Democrats got cowtowed into bowing to Pelosi's insanity, more like.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    I'm just reporting what I was told. That's why I put "misquoted" in quotation marks.

Jimminy Christmas keep your knickers on.
    Yeah - no. You called my source into question so I addressed it - and ended up calling your source into question. Fox or Politico could have made an error - but it hasn't been shown. But Feinstein's office? Are you really okay with that?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Yes, democrats can have and voice differing opinions as to political tactics, but ultimately they'll also put their trust in the hands of she who they respect the most.
    Right...

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes, but the fact that they walked those comments forward in the first place and had to be lassoed and returned to the corral is certainly interesting, wouldn't you agree?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    The democrats all walked back their comments today and put their confidence in Pelosi.
    Yes, but the fact that they walked those comments forward in the first place and had to be lassoed and returned to the corral is certainly interesting, wouldn't you agree?

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    What I said is well supported from the snipped MM quoted, genius.
    Well yeah, that's the point, OBP. You said "more accurately, she got the idea from watching John Dean on CNN" but you simply repeated what the article said which was that "she got the idea from watching John Dean on CNN." Just sayin!

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    This was just too good - and probably the only time I've fully agreed with Sen. Feinstein.

Source: Fox News

Even Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., called out Pelosi for the delay.
    “The longer it goes on, the less urgent it becomes,” Feinstein told Politico. “So if it’s serious and urgent, send them over. If it isn’t, don’t send it over.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Leave a comment:

• DivineOb
    replied
    Exactly how is it misquoted? Here's the original from Politico:
    I'm just reporting what I was told. That's why I put "misquoted" in quotation marks.

Jimminy Christmas keep your knickers on.

Leave a comment:

• DivineOb
    replied
    I'm just reporting what I was told. Jimminy Christmas keep your knickers on.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied

The Senator has always and continues to support Pelosi on her handling of impeachment.

Source: Politico

“The longer it goes on the less urgent it becomes,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.). “So if it’s serious and urgent, send them over. If it isn’t, don’t send it over.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

What I make of it is the Democrats didn't want their laundry aired, Feinstein got push back and her office is attempting a walk back. But if it were a misquote, why aren't they confronting Politico? Politico is decent about its retractions - and likely would retract a misquote. But here's the update info from the article:

By BURGESS EVERETT and HEATHER CAYGLE
    01/08/2020 01:52 PM EST
    Updated: 01/08/2020 03:34 PM EST

Source as above

Nothing since 12:34 pm PST (3:34 pm EST). It's been nearly 24 hours but no update from Politico to correct the misquote? Is Politico suddenly unwilling to correct its errors - or is Feinstein's office so negligent as to not report it?

Or did they just lie?
    Last edited by Teallaura; 01-09-2020, 02:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DivineOb
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Was this meant to be in reply to someone else?
    It was meant as a general reply. I edited my post to remove my quoting of you.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied

Was this meant to be in reply to someone else?

Leave a comment: