Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    About Trump "hiding" the "real" transcript, and telling his minions what to include in, and exclude from, the "public" version -- Does a "real" transcript even exist? I got the impression that there is really no such thing, not even a recording. My understanding was that many people listen to the original conversation simultaneously and take notes, then later compare those notes and create essentially a pseudo-transcript, and that is as close to the "real" conversation as we will ever get.

If there is a "real" transcript, then I agree, it should be released.
    The transcript appears to have been done by a stenographer on the call which means it's a real transcript.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      The transcript appears to have been done by a stenographer on the call which means it's a real transcript.
      There is a real need by the left to degregnate the transcript since it falsifies the "impressions" that the whistleblowers had

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        There is a real need by the left to degregnate the transcript since it falsifies the "impressions" that the whistleblowers had
        Not at all. The transcript that Donald Trump released to prove his phone call with Zelensky was “perfect” was pretty damning on its own. But thanks to the likes of Vindman, it appears that what actually transpired on the call may have been even more incriminating.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• OA328 is Understanding the Impeachment Inquiry Resolution.

https://openargs.com/oa328-the-impea...ution-h-r-660/
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Representative John Ratcliffe appeared on Fox News to discuss the latest developments within the one-side, partisan, effort to remove President Donald Trump from office.

Having sat through all of the closed-door basement testimony so far, Ratcliffe outlines how Adam Schiff created the appearance of impropriety through an orchestrated effort with embedded political officials. “At the end of the day, the truth will defend itself.”

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...defend-itself/

I'm not sure I entirely agree with his premise. If the truth defended itself then there would be no need for defense lawyers.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I think the general public are fed up with all the lies and Republicans will cave in when they see that they will lose seats at the next election unless they dump Trump. Otherwise they will continue to ignore Trump’s crimes.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                I think the general public are fed up with all the lies and Republicans will cave in when they see that they will lose seats at the next election unless they dump Trump. Otherwise they will continue to ignore Trump’s crimes.
                Most of them seem to be of the same bad character as Trump, they made a deal with the devil, so I think they will continue in their support of the corrupt liar and chief and end up going down with the fast leaking ship. They're desperate attempt to convince the public that it's naught but a witch hunt is an attempt to save themselves now, as much as it is to save their lying corrupt captain.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Most of them seem to be of the same bad character as Trump, they made a deal with the devil, so I think they will continue in their support of the corrupt liar and chief and end up going down with the fast leaking ship. They're desperate attempt to convince the public that it's naught but a witch hunt is an attempt to save themselves now, as much as it is to save their lying corrupt captain.
                  It was the same with the Nixon impeachment. His allies stayed with him until the bitter end until it became obvious to them and their electorates that the president’s behavior was indefensible. It’s all about self-preservation.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

This reminded me of Gerson's words:

In light of all this — against all my instincts — I am sinking into cynicism. If the best of the Republican Party is willing to make shallow, shoddy excuses for an unfit president, then the path ahead is disturbingly clear. The details of the case for impeachment, it seems, will not finally matter. Fearing the revolt of their base — and the retribution of an emotionally unstable president — Senate Republicans (with one admirable exception, Utah’s Mitt Romney) have already chosen their final position: acquittal. And whatever is revealed in the course of the investigation — no matter how vomitous — will fall just short of an impeachable offense. The goal posts will move and move until they are in the next county. And tolerance for corruption in high places will continue to grow. https://twitter.com/mjgerson?lang=da
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      It was the same with the Nixon impeachment. His allies stayed with him until the bitter end until it became obvious to them and their electorates that the president’s behavior was indefensible. It’s all about self-preservation.
                      Yes, they are not moral leaders for sure, more like morally bankrupt, unprincipled, followers, who will only turn on their morally bankrupt leader and speak the truth if and when the constituents themselves see what they're hiding behind the curtain and revolt. Individual power is obviously more important to GOP reps. than leadership, governance, democracy or their country. They've all got their finger to the wind!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        This reminded me of Gerson's words:
                        Indeed. And the goal posts are already moving. That there was "no quid pro quo" has now become, well there was a quid pro quo, but a quid pro quo is not illegal or impeachable. You've got to hand it to the corrupt, unprincipled republican party, they certainly have a lot of gall, they're shameless.

Comment

Yes, they are not moral leaders for sure, more like morally bankrupt, unprincipled, followers, who will only turn on their morally bankrupt leader and speak the truth if and when the constituents themselves see what they're hiding behind the curtain and revolt. Individual power is obviously more important to GOP reps. than leadership, governance, democracy or their country. They've all got their finger to the wind!
                          For sure. The GOP Reps will only turn against Trump, regardless of their true feelings, if they can be sure they are not alienating votes in their own Trump-supporting (i.e. Religious Right) electorates. Nothing to do with moral principle, it’s about political survival.

Comment

• Shifty Adam Schiff just showed his cards. He posted on Twitter:

The president continues to target public servants, including those who have served their country in combat, with baseless attacks.

Efforts to intimidate or threaten witnesses will further build the case for obstruction, itself an impeachable offense.

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/st...83779730878466

It would appear, then, that the endless investigations have one goal in mind: to goad Trump into "obstructing" the proceedings so they can then charge him with obstruction. Interesting.

Here's the in-depth analysis:

Just like the false accusations within the Trump-Russia collusion/conspiracy narrative, the end goal of the Mueller team was actually “obstruction.” Indeed, after quickly discovering there was nothing to the ‘collusion/conspiracy’, the Weissmann/Mueller team spent the majority of their time and effort trying to construct an obstruction of justice charge.

Now we see the same process developing within Schiff’s phony Ukraine quid-pro-quo investigation. There’s no validity to the originating premise, so the investigative effort shifts toward building an “obstruction” impeachment charge.

In both examples any action taken by President Trump to defend himself against false charges is re-framed as evidence of obstruction.

This impeachment approach highlights why Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler and contracted Lawfare members Barry Berke and Norm Eisen are working diligently through the courts to gain access to the Mueller grand jury testimony.

The special counsel grand jury proceedings were 100% about questioning witnesses to frame an obstruction of justice case against President Trump. Weissmann and Mueller spent most of their time shaping grand jury witnesses toward that objective.

There is ZERO DOUBT Nadler, Berke and Eisen have been fully debriefed by Andrew Weissmann and the special counsel team about what exactly was presented in that grand jury. The impeachment by obstruction plan is why the HJC is going after the 6e material so hard.

Almost anything an innocent person does to defend themselves against false accusations can be made to look like obstruction. Especially if the highest executive in the country is the one who stands falsely accused. This approach has Lawfare written all over it.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...further-build/

This is worth repeating:

Almost anything an innocent person does to defend themselves against false accusations can be made to look like obstruction.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Shifty Adam Schiff just showed his cards. He posted on Twitter:

The president continues to target public servants, including those who have served their country in combat, with baseless attacks.

Efforts to intimidate or threaten witnesses will further build the case for obstruction, itself an impeachable offense.

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/st...83779730878466

It would appear, then, that the endless investigations have one goal in mind: to goad Trump into "obstructing" the proceedings so they can then charge him with obstruction. Interesting.

Here's the in-depth analysis:

Just like the false accusations within the Trump-Russia collusion/conspiracy narrative, the end goal of the Mueller team was actually “obstruction.” Indeed, after quickly discovering there was nothing to the ‘collusion/conspiracy’, the Weissmann/Mueller team spent the majority of their time and effort trying to construct an obstruction of justice charge.

Now we see the same process developing within Schiff’s phony Ukraine quid-pro-quo investigation. There’s no validity to the originating premise, so the investigative effort shifts toward building an “obstruction” impeachment charge.

In both examples any action taken by President Trump to defend himself against false charges is re-framed as evidence of obstruction.

This impeachment approach highlights why Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler and contracted Lawfare members Barry Berke and Norm Eisen are working diligently through the courts to gain access to the Mueller grand jury testimony.

The special counsel grand jury proceedings were 100% about questioning witnesses to frame an obstruction of justice case against President Trump. Weissmann and Mueller spent most of their time shaping grand jury witnesses toward that objective.

There is ZERO DOUBT Nadler, Berke and Eisen have been fully debriefed by Andrew Weissmann and the special counsel team about what exactly was presented in that grand jury. The impeachment by obstruction plan is why the HJC is going after the 6e material so hard.

Almost anything an innocent person does to defend themselves against false accusations can be made to look like obstruction. Especially if the highest executive in the country is the one who stands falsely accused. This approach has Lawfare written all over it.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...further-build/

This is worth repeating:

Almost anything an innocent person does to defend themselves against false accusations can be made to look like obstruction.

And specific to the current situation, almost anything a POTUS does to defend separation of powers and/or executive privilege can be made to look like obstruction or fascism.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• And then there's entrapment...

And now one of the 'star' witnesses may have committed perjury.

There's a writer somewhere kicking himself because he never wrote the novel on this exact plot because it was too unbelievable.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment