Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    New reporting indicates some very bad news for Trump.

Senior White House officials tell CBS News they increasingly believe that at least four Republicans, and likely more, will vote to call witnesses. In addition to Senators Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Susan Collins of Maine, Mitt Romney of Utah and possibly Cory Gardner of Colorado, the White House also views Rand Paul of Kentucky as a "wild card" and Senator Lamar Alexander of Tennessee as an "institutionalist" who might vote to call witnesses, as one official put it.

But please continue telling me about how hopeless Pelosi is and how much she bungled things.
    Do tell how Pelosi's little stunt would be responsible if this is true

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      First of all, this is just another "sources say" rumor, so who knows.

Secondly, nobody seriously believes that there is some hidden "smoking gun" evidence that will suddenly appear during the trial as if this is an episode of Perry Mason where a surprise witness is dramatically introduced just as all seems lost.
      Oh yes, MM, you do believe there is a hidden "smoking gun," otherwise you wouldn't be in such fear of the Senate insuring that all relevant, previously blocked, witnesses and documentary evidence be presented at trial. There is only one reason for that fear, and we all know what it is that you're afraid of.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Do tell how Pelosi's little stunt would be responsible if this is true
        Pelosi's little stunt gave them time to hear from their constituents, along with the American people in general, who in the majority want to see all of the relevant evidence, not the cover-up that you in the complicit minority are praying for.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Pelosi's little stunt gave them time to hear from their constituents, along with the American people in general, who in the majority want to see all of the relevant evidence, not the cover-up that you in the complicit minority are praying for.
          It was hearing from their constituents which led to a number of Democrats publicly pressuring Pelosi into abandoning her charade.

Next time please remember to exhale after hitting on your bong.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It was hearing from their constituents which led to a number of Democrats publicly pressuring Pelosi into abandoning her charade.

Next time please remember to exhale after hitting on your bong.
            Keep dreaming, rogue. Nearly 70% of the American people want to see and hear all the relevant testimony and other evidence in a fair trial. You know what that means, that means that not all of your republican comrades are unprincipled, there is apparently a large portion of them who are principled conservatives.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              Oh yes, MM, you do believe there is a hidden "smoking gun," otherwise you wouldn't be in such fear of the Senate insuring that all relevant, previously blocked, witnesses and documentary evidence be presented at trial. There is only one reason for that fear, and we all know what it is that you're afraid of.
              Jimmy, seriously, you suck at mind reading.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

First of all, this is just another "sources say" rumor, so who knows.

Secondly, nobody seriously believes that there is some hidden "smoking gun" evidence that will suddenly appear during the trial as if this is an episode of Perry Mason where a surprise witness is dramatically introduced just as all seems lost.
                The smoking gun in that case would be Bolton's testimony. Not a surprise or surprise witness.

Comment

Jimmy, seriously, you suck at mind reading.
                  You keep saying that, MM, but I don't have to read your mind, you make the fear that you have with respect to a fair trial with relevant witnesses and other evidence clear with every post you submit. It's really funny that you don't realize how obvious you are.

Comment

The smoking gun in that case would be Bolton's testimony. Not a surprise or surprise witness.
                    Along with others and the previously blocked documentary evidence. In spite of all the blatant obstruction on the part of the White House, the dems have come up with a pretty solid case anyway.

Comment

And you're certain Bolton has the proverbial smoking gun?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        You keep saying that, MM, but I don't have to read your mind, you make the fear that you have with respect to a fair trial with relevant witnesses and other evidence clear with every post you submit. It's really funny that you don't realize how obvious you are.

Comment

And you're certain Bolton has the proverbial smoking gun?
                          We know Bolton called UKR a 'drug deal', advised people to report the UKR funding hold to the lawyers, and was part of the group of three (with Mulvaney and Esper) who met with Trump to try to convince him it was in the US interest to release the hold. If he can confirm those and provides a lot of detail that's pretty solid isn't it? He's as credible of a witness as you can get for Republicans.

Comment

We know Bolton called UKR a 'drug deal', advised people to report the UKR funding hold to the lawyers, and was part of the group of three (with Mulvaney and Esper) who met with Trump to try to convince him it was in the US interest to release the hold. If he can confirm those and provides a lot of detail that's pretty solid isn't it? He's as credible of a witness as you can get for Republicans.
                            Let's assume all of that is true. So what? Again, the president sets foreign policy even if his advisers disagree. That's not a crime.

Comment

Let's assume all of that is true. So what? Again, the president sets foreign policy even if his advisers disagree. That's not a crime.
                              Is the only person you're willing to listen to about what is right and wrong Trump? Not Bolton, not Republican senators who would probably have a much easier working relationship by silently nodding at everything McConnell says? Other than Trump who could actually convince you that what Trump did was wrong?

"Trust, but verify" is as far as I'm willing to take it with politicians. I just don't get it. I can't imagine living my life that way.

Comment

What you, naturally you being you, would characterize as a “charade” most people recognize as a strategy against the Senate and its leaders planning a sham trial. And it seems to have worked. “Senior White House officials tell CBS News they increasingly believe that at least four Republicans and likely more, will vote to call witnesses”.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/impeach...in-the-senate/

Oh, the horror – a fair trial. Trump must be pleased.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment