Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Pelosi is creating time for thinking Americans to recognise that Moscow Mitch and the republican Senate are working with the President in order to cover-up his crimes with a sham trial. In the mean time more and more evidence is emerging which the Senate will have to deal with one way or the other.
    Pelosi is hoping for a miracle and floundering around in the meantime.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Yeah, realistically, there's some fighting going on in their backroom. Pelosi managed to quell the first brush fires, but Dems are feeling the heat at home and eventually, they're gonna want the fire put out.
      It appears to have had an effect http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-Pelosi-Blinks

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• When the Senate dismisses the impeachment Jimmy will claim that they did that on purpose so they can add more charges later and impeach him for it all at once.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          I'll accept that, by some reasoning which makes sense to you, I was calling your source into question. In another thread you said I needed to ask for clarification rather than make biased assumptions. Here you did not ask for clarification but I provided it nonetheless. Do you now see that I was not intending to dispute what your source said or the accuracy of their reporting? If you're going to continue to impugn my motives over my explicit words then I don't see how productive dialog will be possible.
          Do I need you to clarify your every intent? Maybe you don't realize the accusation of 'misquoting' can only be either a mistake - which would be easy to get corrected - or an outright lie. It's a serious accusation and I don't see why you are so surprised that I wanted to know whether it was an error or a lie. Or that I assumed the obvious - that the quote was being challenged by you.

And the invitation to 'make of it what you will' certainly is open ended enough to safely assume anything.

Rogue provided a link to Feinstein walking it back properly - so maybe her staffer was just an idiot. It's still a serious allegation - don't make it or post it if you aren't prepared to defend it.

And maybe talk to a different staffer if there's ever a next time...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            I suspect that she probably wished that she had conveyed her dissatisfaction privately rather than publicly.
            Yeppers - bingo.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Yep - I expected that after all the flak she's taken from all sides this week.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                When the Senate dismisses the impeachment Jimmy will claim that they did that on purpose so they can add more charges later and impeach him for it all at once.
                Interesting that you accept the Senate leader’s stated determination not to run a fair trial.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  When the Senate dismisses the impeachment Jimmy will claim that they did that on purpose so they can add more charges later and impeach him for it all at once.
                  Well, if they dismiss the impeachment, or put on a sham trial as Moscow Mitch affirmed to be his intention, if they purposely block direct testimoney and relative documentary evidence, then of course I'll say they did it on purpose. That's not rocket science, Sparko, even you know that, though you'll never admit to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    Well, if they dismiss the impeachment, or put on a sham trial...
                    A sham trial for a sham investigation.

Sounds fair!
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      Interesting that you accept the Senate leader’s stated determination not to run a fair trial.
                      They don't want a fair trial, they're all breathing a sigh of relief after hearing that Moscow Mitch intended to sweep it under the rug. Winning is more important to them than truth, than the Constitution, or their democratic form of government, and the more they're lied to, the more the facts are covered up, the better they seem to like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Sounds fair!
                        At least you admit to knowing that the republicans intent is a sham trial. Have you on record for that, MM.

Comment

Sounds fair!
                          There is no sham involved here MM. Trump abused his power and tried to enlist a foreign government's help in undermining a political opponent's campaign. That is as valid a reason as any to impeach a president. And the senate refusing to conduct a real trial, and especially not to allow a person that likely can clear the air once and for all as to exactly what Trump was up to says it all. The Senate and the president have conspired to, as much as is possible, hide any information that would require Trump be removed from office. They have conspired to keep a man unfit for office in the white house when his actions rightfully required his removal.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-11-2020, 01:51 PM.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            At least you admit to knowing that the republicans intent is a sham trial. Have you on record for that, MM.
                            Your sarcasm detector is in need of servicing.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              There is no sham involved here MM. Trump abused his power and tried to enlist a foreign government's help in undermining a political opponent's campaign. That is as valid a reason as any to impeach a president. And the senate refusing to conduct a real trial, and especially not to allow a person that likely can clear the air once and for all as to exactly what Trump was up to says it all. The Senate and the president have conspired to, as much as is possible, hide any information that would require Trump be removed from office. They have conspired to keep a man unfit for office in the white house when his actions rightfully required his removal.
                              Then it's on the Democrat's to present a compelling enough opening argument to convince a majority of Senators that the presentation of additional witnesses and evidence is warranted. You think they're up to it?

Comment

Your sarcasm detector is in need of servicing.
                                Sorry MM, you gave yourself away.

Comment