Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Apparently Nancy is such a brilliant tactician that she's taking her cues from CNN...
    As I've said elsewhere, I was aware of the strategy to hold on to the articles since late November (from a Twitter thread). I don't believe her that she first heard of it on December 5th (sorry Nance, still love you).

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      More accurately, she got the idea from watching John Dean on CNN, who as Nixon White House counsel is slightly more qualified than CNN to opine on such matters.
      You obviously didn't read the article, OBP. But who really cares whence came her genius.

Comment

• This was just too good - and probably the only time I've fully agreed with Sen. Feinstein.

Source: Fox News

Even Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., called out Pelosi for the delay.
        “The longer it goes on, the less urgent it becomes,” Feinstein told Politico. “So if it’s serious and urgent, send them over. If it isn’t, don’t send it over.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by Teallaura; 01-09-2020, 11:23 AM.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          You obviously didn't read the article, OBP. But who really cares whence came her genius.
          What I said is well supported from the snipped MM quoted, genius.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I just called her office and here is what I was told.

The senator was "misquoted" in that article.
            The Senator has always and continues to support Pelosi on her handling of impeachment.
            An impeachment trial must include all relevant witnesses and documents.

Make of that what you will.
            Last edited by DivineOb; 01-09-2020, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              I just called her office and here is what I was told.

The Senator has always and continues to support Pelosi on her handling of impeachment.

Was this meant to be in reply to someone else?
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Was this meant to be in reply to someone else?
                It was meant as a general reply. I edited my post to remove my quoting of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                  I just called her office and here is what I was told.

Exactly how is it misquoted? Here's the original from Politico:

Source: Politico

“The longer it goes on the less urgent it becomes,” said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.). “So if it’s serious and urgent, send them over. If it isn’t, don’t send it over.”

Source

What I make of it is the Democrats didn't want their laundry aired, Feinstein got push back and her office is attempting a walk back. But if it were a misquote, why aren't they confronting Politico? Politico is decent about its retractions - and likely would retract a misquote. But here's the update info from the article:

By BURGESS EVERETT and HEATHER CAYGLE
                  01/08/2020 01:52 PM EST
                  Updated: 01/08/2020 03:34 PM EST

Source as above

Nothing since 12:34 pm PST (3:34 pm EST). It's been nearly 24 hours but no update from Politico to correct the misquote? Is Politico suddenly unwilling to correct its errors - or is Feinstein's office so negligent as to not report it?

Or did they just lie?
                  Last edited by Teallaura; 01-09-2020, 01:06 PM.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    I'm just reporting what I was told. Jimminy Christmas keep your knickers on.

Comment

I'm just reporting what I was told. That's why I put "misquoted" in quotation marks.

Jimminy Christmas keep your knickers on.

Comment

This was just too good - and probably the only time I've fully agreed with Sen. Feinstein.

Source: Fox News

Even Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., called out Pelosi for the delay.
                        “The longer it goes on, the less urgent it becomes,” Feinstein told Politico. “So if it’s serious and urgent, send them over. If it isn’t, don’t send it over.”

Source

The democrats all walked back their comments today and put their confidence in Pelosi.

Comment

What I said is well supported from the snipped MM quoted, genius.
                          Well yeah, that's the point, OBP. You said "more accurately, she got the idea from watching John Dean on CNN" but you simply repeated what the article said which was that "she got the idea from watching John Dean on CNN." Just sayin!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            The democrats all walked back their comments today and put their confidence in Pelosi.
                            Yes, but the fact that they walked those comments forward in the first place and had to be lassoed and returned to the corral is certainly interesting, wouldn't you agree?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Yes, but the fact that they walked those comments forward in the first place and had to be lassoed and returned to the corral is certainly interesting, wouldn't you agree?
                              Yes, democrats can have and voice differing opinions as to political tactics, but ultimately they'll also put their trust in the hands of she who they respect the most.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                Yes, democrats can have and voice differing opinions as to political tactics, but ultimately they'll also put their trust in the hands of she who they respect the most.
                                Right...
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment