Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to Capitol Hill members, via Politico, House Democrat leadership has taken a climate assessment of democrat House members and Speaker Pelosi announced they will not hold a House impeachment authorization vote. As a direct and specific consequence all committee subpoenas do not carry a penalty for non-compliance.

A judicial penalty can only be created if the House votes to authorize an impeachment inquiry. Absent a vote, the Legislative Branch has not established compulsion authority (aka judicial enforcement authority), as they attempt to work through their quasi-constitutional “impeachment inquiry” process.

Instead of subpoenas, Adam Schiff (House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence); Chairman Elijah E. Cummings (Committee on White House Oversight; and Chairman Eliot L. Engel (House Committee on Foreign Affairs) can only send out request letters. The compliance is discretionary based on the ideology of the recipient.

It is likely, highly likely, Nancy Pelosi does not have the votes to proceed with a full House impeachment authorization; so Pelosi, Schiff, Engel and Cummings have to rely on the duplicity of the media to help them hide their scheme. So far the media is complying.

[...]

Speaker Pelosi & Lawfare’s impeachment scheme can only succeed with a compliant media protecting it. So far the media has been entirely compliant in not explaining the fraudulent basis for the construct. If the media would ask questions the fraud would collapse.

Adam Schiff has to hide his hearings because the foundation of the impeachment fraud is to create a public impression. There is no structural impeachment process or guideline being followed. The committee leadership are using the closed door hearings to leak information to the media to create the needed narrative.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...hment-inquiry/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        According to Capitol Hill members, via Politico, House Democrat leadership has taken a climate assessment of democrat House members and Speaker Pelosi announced they will not hold a House impeachment authorization vote. As a direct and specific consequence all committee subpoenas do not carry a penalty for non-compliance.

A judicial penalty can only be created if the House votes to authorize an impeachment inquiry. Absent a vote, the Legislative Branch has not established compulsion authority (aka judicial enforcement authority), as they attempt to work through their quasi-constitutional “impeachment inquiry” process.

Instead of subpoenas, Adam Schiff (House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence); Chairman Elijah E. Cummings (Committee on White House Oversight; and Chairman Eliot L. Engel (House Committee on Foreign Affairs) can only send out request letters. The compliance is discretionary based on the ideology of the recipient.

It is likely, highly likely, Nancy Pelosi does not have the votes to proceed with a full House impeachment authorization; so Pelosi, Schiff, Engel and Cummings have to rely on the duplicity of the media to help them hide their scheme. So far the media is complying.

[...]

Speaker Pelosi & Lawfare’s impeachment scheme can only succeed with a compliant media protecting it. So far the media has been entirely compliant in not explaining the fraudulent basis for the construct. If the media would ask questions the fraud would collapse.

Adam Schiff has to hide his hearings because the foundation of the impeachment fraud is to create a public impression. There is no structural impeachment process or guideline being followed. The committee leadership are using the closed door hearings to leak information to the media to create the needed narrative.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...hment-inquiry/
        Too bad for you, MM, Pelosi and Schiff are way too smart for the republicans and they're not going to let that unethical, unpatriotic bunch muck up the investigation into that crooked, lying, treasonous, piece of crap that for some reason you idolize so much. Anyway, complain about the process all you want, ain't gonna help ya!
        Last edited by JimL; 10-15-2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Steve Scalise and the rest of the Trump suck-ups are the total sham, not the investigation process.

Comment

I haven't heard that one. What's your source?
            Maybe Tucker Carlson? I think he at least implied things along those lines.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

That's more or less correct, similar to how the police can conduct a limited investigation based on public information, but they must secure the approval of the court if they want to issue subpoenas and warrants (at least that's how it works in the US). In the case of a House inquiry, any committee that wishes to do the same must secure the approval of the House with a majority vote. This is why the Trump administration is right to ignore the House's "demand letters" because they are legally worthless even though Democrats are falsely calling them subpoenas.
              That's simply wrong.

"Here’s what the Constitution says about the House’s role: “The House of Representatives shall choose their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.” Likewise, the Constitution gives the Senate the “sole” power to try all impeachments, saying, “no person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present.”

But beyond those lines, there isn’t much more information spelling out exactly how the process should work — which gives the House free rein to decide how things can go, including whether to launch the inquiry with a full floor vote or not".

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...y-constitution

The thing is, the Democrats have the numerical advantage and could make it all official today if they wanted, so why won't they? What are they afraid of?
              You mean, I think, "what's Donald Trump afraid of".
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

This is your brain...
                That would be an arguementum ad cerebrum fallacy. Well done.

Reps forget Rep crimes so he won’t be removed from office but Syria might prevent him being re-elected. It might depend on ‘Moscow’ Mitch finding someone else. I don’t see any names coming forward. Which Rep would run against Trump?
                Last edited by firstfloor; 10-16-2019, 02:30 AM.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                  That's simply wrong.

"Here’s what the Constitution says about the House’s role: “The House of Representatives shall choose their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.” Likewise, the Constitution gives the Senate the “sole” power to try all impeachments, saying, “no person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present.”

But beyond those lines, there isn’t much more information spelling out exactly how the process should work — which gives the House free rein to decide how things can go, including whether to launch the inquiry with a full floor vote or not".

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...y-constitution
                  Yes, the House can decide for itself how it wants to conduct an impeachment inquiry within its own chamber, but according to judicial precedent, members can't arbitrarily grant themselves the authority to issue subpoenas. That authorization can only come from the presiding chamber, which means a House vote. That's why the Democrats can only issue "demand letters" that carry no penalty for non-compliance.

So why won't the Democrats call for a vote to make everything official? What are they afraid of?

Comment

Yes, the House can decide for itself how it wants to conduct an impeachment inquiry within its own chamber, but according to judicial precedent, members can't arbitrarily grant themselves the authority to issue subpoenas. That authorization can only come from the presiding chamber, which means a House vote. That's why the Democrats can only issue "demand letters" that carry no penalty for non-compliance.

So why won't the Democrats call for a vote to make everything official? What are they afraid of?
                    It’s not “members” that are issuing subpoenas; committees but. Pelosi knows what she’s doing. Trust her good judgement.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      It’s not “members” that are issuing subpoenas; committees but. Pelosi knows what she’s doing. Trust her good judgement.
                      Pelosi certainly knows what she's doing.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Pelosi certainly knows what she's doing.
                        She certainly does, which is why the unprincipled republicans fear her so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                          Committees are made up of members, and those members can't arbitrarily grant themselves the authority to issue subpoenas. That authorization can only come from the presiding chamber, which means a House vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            She certainly does, which is why the unprincipled republicans fear her so much.
                            Then why is she so afraid to hold a vote and make everything official?

Comment

Then why is she so afraid to hold a vote and make everything official?
                              She's not afraid, MM, she's smart, and she'sway too smart to cave to the whining of republicans whose only goal is to muck up the investigation, not to present the facts to their constituents.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                She's not afraid, MM, she's smart, and she'sway too smart to cave to the whining of republicans whose only goal is to muck up the investigation, not to present the facts to their constituents.
                                And making a house vote mucks it up because...
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment