Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Though the trial is an impeachment, i.e. political, the economy has nothing to do with the case itself.
    I'm honestly not sure if you're really this naive, or you just like arguing for the sake of arguing. You USED to argue this "wasn't political", so I guess we've made great progress there. And since it IS political, run by politicians (who have to answer to their own constituents to keep their butts in power), issues like the economy most certainly play a definite role. Remember "it's the economy, stupid"?

The economy means little when the Constitution and Democracy itself is at stake. If people find the president to be guilty of trampling the Constitution, risking national security, aiding Russia, corrupting the elections, all for his own personal gain, they're not going to say but hey, the economy's great so who cares. Well, maybe some of you will, but not enough of you.
    Trump was impeached (if, indeed he actually was ) by a purely PARTISAN Democrat controlled House, and it will be decided in a purely PARTISAN Republican controlled Senate.

It's politics, Jim, and the economy cannot be ignored, along with unemployment and other factors.

economy stupid 1.jpeg
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-20-2019, 08:59 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The economy has nothing to do with this, the Constitution, the rule of law and a criminal president does.
      And an impeachment with no criminal charges proves the exact opposite.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I'm honestly not sure if you're really this naive, or you just like arguing for the sake of arguing. You USED to argue this "wasn't political", so I guess we've made great progress there. And since it IS political, run by politicians (who have to answer to their own constituents to keep their butts in power), issues like the economy most certainly play a definite role. Remember "it's the economy, stupid"?

Trump was impeached (if, indeed he actually was ) by a purely PARTISAN Democrat controlled House, and it will be decided in a purely PARTISAN Republican controlled Senate.

It's politics, Jim, and the economy cannot be ignored, along with unemployment and other factors.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41560[/ATTACH]
        Yes they can be ignored, CP, because the economy has nothing to do with whether or not Trump is guilty of Abuse of Power. Just like abortion, they are separate issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          And an impeachment with no criminal charges proves the exact opposite.
          The Articles are criminal charges against the Constitution, against the country, Tea. The problem is that you Trump supporters really don't care if he tramples the Constitution or not. That's your autocrat and whatever he does you're going to defend. If he is allowed to get away with it, buckle your belt, there'll be no stopping him after that, or any other president after him.

Comment

Yes they can be ignored, CP, because the economy has nothing to do with whether or not Trump is guilty of Abuse of Power. Just like abortion, they are separate issues.
            At some point if the president is abusing his power, shouldn't he actually get something for it? If there's a tyranny shouldn't it have an adverse effect.? You keep making assertions about things that have no evident impact on the real world.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The Articles are criminal charges against the Constitution, against the country, Tea. The problem is that you Trump supporters really don't care if he tramples the Constitution or not. That's your autocrat and whatever he does you're going to defend. If he is allowed to get away with it, buckle your belt, there'll be no stopping him after that, or any other president after him.
              No they aren't. Just once quit making stuff up. The articles aren't criminal charges and they don't contain any criminal charges either.

The problem is that you traitors began to believe your own lies.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Was this a problem for you when the Democrats had decided the outcome of their part of the impeachment even before he took office?
                The Democrats were obliged to investigate the serious claims of the whistle-blower - and 17 credible witnesses corroborated these claims. This despite the stonewalling of subpoenas for documents and the blocking of key witnesses by the WH.

At least the Republicans have heard the evidence (weeks of televised hearings) before making a decision.
                The Republicans had no choice given that they don’t control the House. But they did everything possible to hinder the investigation. Just as McConnell will swear an oath to “do impartial justice” when Trump's Senate trial begins, despite publicly stating that he will refuse to pay attention to any of the testimony from the House. If he was an honorable man, he would recuse himself from the trial.
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  If he was an honorable man, he would recuse himself from the trial.
                  Two words: Adam Schiff.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Two words: Adam Schiff.
                    You obviously can't tell the difference between an honorable man, Adam Schiff, and a dishonerable one, Donald Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      No they aren't. Just once quit making stuff up. The articles aren't criminal charges and they don't contain any criminal charges either.

The problem is that you traitors began to believe your own lies.
                      Yes they are criminal charges, Tea. Extortion of a foreign government for personal gain is both a political and a criminal charge, soliciting a foreign government to interfere in a U.S. election is both a political and a criminal charge, obstruction of justice, or in this case obstruction of congress is both a political and a criminal charge. What do you think abuse of power means, Tea, nothing?

Comment

You obviously can't tell the difference between an honorable man, Adam Schiff, and a dishonerable one, Donald Trump.
                        You really need to work on your trolling. Maybe Charles can give you some advice? Or firstfloor - at least he is entertaining about it. You're kind of unpleasant, and boring.
                        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                          You really need to work on your trolling. Maybe Charles can give you some advice? Or firstfloor - at least he is entertaining about it. You're kind of unpleasant, and boring.
                          dirtfloor and Chuck are entertaining only because their trolling is so blatantly obvious. Jimmy might be the most successful of the three because most of the time, I honestly can't tell if he's trolling, or if he's really so delusional that he earnestly believes what he says.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Tass is the one who just proved Schiff to be dishonorable.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Yes they are criminal charges, Tea. Extortion of a foreign government for personal gain is both a political and a criminal charge, soliciting a foreign government to interfere in a U.S. election is both a political and a criminal charge, obstruction of justice, or in this case obstruction of congress is both a political and a criminal charge. What do you think abuse of power means, Tea, nothing?
                              No, neither article contains a criminal charge nor are they themselves criminal charges.

Legally, yep, it's a meaningless phrase. Politically, it means 'we're impeaching the president because we don't like him '.

You realize that this is just more 'told you so ' fodder...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                dirtfloor and Chuck are entertaining only because their trolling is so blatantly obvious. Jimmy might be the most successful of the three because most of the time, I honestly can't tell if he's trolling, or if he's really so delusional that he earnestly believes what he says.
                                He's a true believer that's having his world view shredded. The lashing out irrationally is to be expected of anyone in that situation.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment