Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    For the avoidance of doubt, I was speaking metaphorically. Readers and the FBI may rest assured that there is no risk that Mitch McConnell will actually place his foot on Donald Trump’s neck. However, I do mean to point out that Trump only continues in office with Mitch McConnell’s support, and that gives him some leverage that he might not have previously enjoyed.
    Unfortunately Moscow Mitch, like most all republicans are all in. They made a deal with the devil and he made them his disciples.

Comment

For the avoidance of doubt, I was speaking metaphorically.
      Understood, but they guy who talks about a bomb when getting on the plane can be "just joking".

Readers and the FBI (actually, it could be the US Secret Service as well ) may rest assured that there is no risk that Mitch McConnell will actually place his foot on Donald Trump’s neck. However, I do mean to point out that Trump only continues in office with Mitch McConnell’s support, and that gives him some leverage that he might not have previously enjoyed.
      You're still my favorite pinko commie leftist loony wacko.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Unfortunately Moscow Mitch, like most all republicans are all in. They made a deal with the devil and he made them his disciples.
        This actually made me laugh.... you have become a parody of yourself.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Understood, but they guy who talks about a bomb when getting on the plane can be "just joking".

You're still my favorite pinko commie leftist loony wacko.
          You are a valued friend and you may continue to rely on me to provide loyal opposition appropriate to our balanced and respectful debate.

I suspect that Mitch knew already that (as recently reported) Trump takes more notice of his “friend” Putin than his own security services. Even Mitch must be worried, but his timidity is putting the country at risk. This looks like a perfect time to act and he may well be plotting over the Christmas period.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

You are a valued friend and you may continue to rely on me to provide loyal opposition appropriate to our balanced and respectful debate.

I suspect that Mitch knew already that (as recently reported) Trump takes more notice of his “friend” Putin than his own security services. Even Mitch must be worried, but his timidity is putting the country at risk. This looks like a perfect time to act and he may well be plotting over the Christmas period.
            Mitch was around politics LONG before Trump had his eye on the Oval Office ---- let not your heart be troubled, Mitch will do just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Polls.
              Since they are measuring the same thing the movement may be meaningful. Wouldn't trust the numbers and it is WAY TOO early to predict anything about the general election.

But it is interesting that there is movement.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Mitch was around politics LONG before Trump had his eye on the Oval Office ---- let not your heart be troubled, Mitch will do just fine.
                He might say to Trump; look here Don, if you want to keep the White House, you have to give up Rudy. His foreign adventures are an embarrassment to us.

If he fails to extract some concession from Trump, for saving his skin, Mitch is going to look weak. It’s because he will not put up a defense, and cannot, but will simply ‘brass’ it out, that he has this temporary power, and risks great humiliation. Once Trump is acquitted, he will be unassailable and more bombastic and vengeful than ever.

The USA will be humiliated because the tyranny will be so spectacularly obvious in Trump’s next term.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  You are omitting that unlike the rest of us the President has the right of Executive Privilege. That makes it a whole 'nuther ball game.
                  That would be his defense. I’m just saying that trumps strategy was to impede investigations through court processes, which he is entitled to do. The situation was that congress had to wait for the judiciary to enforce its will on the executive to progress.

Pelosi flipped it around to make it entirely house reliant by going down a path that didn’t require executive cooperation to progress. Making a situation where the executive would now have to turn to the judiciary if they wanted to impede.

Pelosi ain’t just a pretty face it seems.

Comment

He might say to Trump; look here Don, if you want to keep the White House, you have to give up Rudy. His foreign adventures are an embarrassment to us.

If he fails to extract some concession from Trump, for saving his skin, Mitch is going to look weak. It’s because he will not put up a defense, and cannot, but will simply ‘brass’ it out, that he has this temporary power, and risks great humiliation. Once Trump is acquitted, he will be unassailable and more bombastic and vengeful than ever.

The USA will be humiliated because the tyranny will be so spectacularly obvious in Trump’s next term.
                    Booming economy and the lowest black unemployment in history - I don't think the word tyranny means what you think it does.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                      That would be his defense. I’m just saying that trumps strategy was to impede investigations through court processes, which he is entitled to do. The situation was that congress had to wait for the judiciary to enforce its will on the executive to progress.

Pelosi flipped it around to make it entirely house reliant by going down a path that didn’t require executive cooperation to progress. Making a situation where the executive would now have to turn to the judiciary if they wanted to impede.

Um, you do realize that they passed the articles, right? You're talking about the wrong court.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

Yeah... it doesn't work that way. If someone challenges you in court, you can't use the court challenge itself as evidence against them.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Yeah... it doesn't work that way. If someone challenges you in court, you can't use the court challenge itself as evidence against them.
                          Yes, you can. The Senate as jury can weigh all the evidence, including the denial by a President of legal subpoenas of witnesses and documents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Booming economy and the lowest black unemployment in history - I don't think the word tyranny means what you think it does.
                            The economy has nothing to do with this, the Constitution, the rule of law and a criminal president does.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              The economy has nothing to do with this, the Constitution, the rule of law and a criminal president does.
                              Jim, that is so incredibly naive. You WISH the economy had nothing to do with this, but since this is POLITICAL, there will be many factors to consider, not the least of which is how the American public views what's going on. Context is important.

Comment

Jim, that is so incredibly naive. You WISH the economy had nothing to do with this, but since this is POLITICAL, there will be many factors to consider, not the least of which is how the American public views what's going on. Context is important.
                                Though the trial is an impeachment, i.e. political, the economy has nothing to do with the case itself. The economy means little when the Constitution and Democracy itself is at stake. If people find the president to be guilty of trampling the Constitution, risking national security, aiding Russia, corrupting the elections, all for his own personal gain, they're not going to say but hey, the economy's great so who cares. Well, maybe some of you will, but not enough of you.

Comment