Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Meanwhile, Republicans have set another fundraising record:

$20.6 million in November!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...achment-fight/
    And that's surprising to you, they are the party of the wealthy after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      At LEAST!
      I think the DNC should see if they actually work for the RNC, in a deep undercover mission to undermine the Democrat party.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

How's that workin' out for them, Jim?

Voters' exhaustion with impeachment is apparent in town halls too, especially the ones featuring vulnerable Democrats in Trump districts. For every constituent that stood to applaud Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-NY) at her town hall after she announced she's a "yes" vote, there were plenty more who heckled her. In Oklahoma, voters told Democratic Rep. Kendra Horn they were "mad as hell."

And, remember, these Democrats won by claiming to be moderates, and indicating they weren't going to get caught up in the impeachment sham.

Stay tuned, Jim.
        The supposed vulnerable democrats overwhelmingly voted to impeach. Democrats for the most part are principled!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          The supposed vulnerable democrats overwhelmingly voted to impeach. Democrats for the most part are principled!

That’s a good one. Almost as funny as your claim to be a thinking person.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The incredibly partisan Democrats overwhelmingly voted to impeach on an purely partisan basis. The ONLY bipartisanship was Democrats standing up on principle and voting AGAINST impeachment.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And that's surprising to you, they are the party of the wealthy after all.
              Why would the wealthy throw money at someone who was just impeached? Super wealthy folks hedge their bets towards a sure horse. On the other hand, the belief that this whole impeachment is a witch hunt against the POTUS, thus rallying his base to support him ever more fervently than even 2016 is a more logical explanation.
              Last edited by seanD; 12-19-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                Why would the wealthy throw money at someone who might be impeached? Super wealthy folks hedge their bets towards a sure horse. On the other hand, the belief that this whole impeachment is a witch hunt against the POTUS, thus rallying his base to support him ever more fervently than even 2016 is a more logical explanation.
                Team Pelosi/Schiff/Nadler have done what no Republican politician in the history of the world could do---- totally unite the Republican party! ZERO defections on impeachment and ZERO defections on either AoI.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• McCarthy just made an interesting point....

If this impeachment was such a wonderful idea, why did the Democrats actually LOSE membership in the process, with one of their own not only voting against impeachment, but indicating he would switch parties.

When has there ever been a national politician who switched parties from a majority party (in the House) to a minority party?

Comment

Article 1, abuse of power.
                    Article 2, obstruction of congress.
                    Jim, if somebody crosses the street to murder somebody in cold blood, you don't charge him with jaywalking.

Comment

You have to hand it to Jim, though --- I don't think there's a more loyal Democrat on the planet! Pelosi could murder somebody on 5th avenue in broad daylight, and Jim would still be singing her praises.
                      Or Hillary!

..um. wait...

schiff.jpg

Comment

• I'm just SO GLAD this impeachment sham is over and the Democrats won.

Comment

Yeah, no.

America has gone Christmas shopping in this wonderful roaring economy - stock market having reached yet ANOTHER new record high.... Americans are souring on this whole impeachment sham.
                          That is one reason Pelosi might want to keep the impeachment in her pocket until the new year.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            That is one reason Pelosi might want to keep the impeachment in her pocket until the new year.
                            Problem is that it's overshadowing the Democrat debates and sucking all the oxygen out of the Democrats' campaigning to vote Trump out of office.

Do you realize there was another debate the other night? Or, wait... that's tonight? Who cares!

Comment

Problem is that it's overshadowing the Democrat debates and sucking all the oxygen out of the Democrats' campaigning to vote Trump out of office.

Do you realize there was another debate the other night? Or, wait... that's tonight? Who cares!
                              I suppose that, since Mitch controls what is brought to the floor, the Senate could choose to sit on this indefinitely* as well.

*although I suspect either chamber would run into the limit imposed by the Congress being sworn in after next year's election.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Have you heard the Dingell story? Trump is a monster.
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment