Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Well, we'll see what the thinking American peoples thoughts are on that, we already know you Trumpsters don't think.
    ECREE, you being a thinking person.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Keep telling yourself that, CP. Americans are always uncomfortable with impeachment, but the numbers for it in this case are higher than in any other case.
      See my latest post, Jim.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It's like when Israel demanded a king (1 Sam 8) -- everybody ELSE has kings, how come WE can't have a king? And they ended up with some miserable WRETCHED murderous kings.

The lesson? You may get what you want, but you may not want what you get.

THAT is the lesson the Democrats will probably never learn, but America will see.
        Usually it's the Republicans who act defeated after a victory, so this is a wonderful change of pace!
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Keep telling yourself that, CP. Americans are always uncomfortable with impeachment, but the numbers for it in this case are higher than in any other case.

Comment

impeach.jpg

FACTS, Jim.... FACTS.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You are not alone, Jim....

CNN Analyst Had a Hard Time Accepting the Results of Their Latest Impeachment Poll

When CNN polled voters in November, 90 percent of Democrats were in favor of impeaching President Trump. In mid-December, that number dropped to 77 percent. The network's political director, David Chalian, presented the findings.

The poll also revealed that overall support for impeachment is now in the minority at 45 percent, and those opposed at 47 percent.

Chalian noted that perhaps the numbers have dropped because Americans have forgotten about the "damning evidence" that was presented to them last month. Since then it's been "political warfare."

His colleague didn't believe it at all.

"I don't believe that poll for one second," said legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, jumping in. "It's just - I don't believe it. It makes no sense that that number would change like that."

The pollster defended their findings, to which Toobin replied, "sometimes polls are wrong and, David, that poll is wrong."

"Just because I said so, okay?" he added.

I remember the last time the dems didn't believe the polls. Trump won the election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I remember the last time the dems didn't believe the polls. Trump won the election.
                You have to hand it to Jim, though --- I don't think there's a more loyal Democrat on the planet! Pelosi could murder somebody on 5th avenue in broad daylight, and Jim would still be singing her praises.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Republicans have set another fundraising record:

$20.6 million in November!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...achment-fight/
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Meanwhile, Republicans have set another fundraising record:

$20.6 million in November!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...achment-fight/
                    Thank you, Team Pelosi/Schiff/Nadler!

Comment

You have to hand it to Jim, though --- I don't think there's a more loyal Democrat on the planet! Pelosi could murder somebody on 5th avenue in broad daylight, and Jim would still be singing her praises.
                      It's not murder if the baby's big toe is still inside mommy.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Thank you, Team Pelosi/Schiff/Nadler!
                        The RNC should send them each a dozen roses.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          It's not murder if the baby's big toe is still inside mommy.
                          ouch

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I remember the last post Trump elections, democrats won across the board, including in red states.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              The RNC should send them each a dozen roses.
                              At LEAST!

Comment

I remember the last post Trump elections, democrats won across the board, including in red states.
                                How's that workin' out for them, Jim?

Voters' exhaustion with impeachment is apparent in town halls too, especially the ones featuring vulnerable Democrats in Trump districts. For every constituent that stood to applaud Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-NY) at her town hall after she announced she's a "yes" vote, there were plenty more who heckled her. In Oklahoma, voters told Democratic Rep. Kendra Horn they were "mad as hell."

And, remember, these Democrats won by claiming to be moderates, and indicating they weren't going to get caught up in the impeachment sham.

Stay tuned, Jim.

Comment