Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    That's been explained, MM. The criminal interference scheme is ongoing, the election is upcoming.
    And Nancy decides to sit on the Articles of Impeachment.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
      McConnell’s plan is to have a ‘not a trial’ show trial with leaping animals, clowns and dancing girls. America will show the world how ‘the people’ deal with tyrants. They roll over and have their tummy tickled.
      The only tyrants I see are the Democrats in the House who are ignoring common sense, due process, and the US Constitution in their rush to "git" Trump by hook or by crook, and if the polling is at all accurate, "the people" have just about had enough!
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        The only tyrants I see are the Democrats in the House who are ignoring common sense, due process, and the US Constitution in their rush to "git" Trump by hook or by crook, and if the polling is at all accurate, "the people" have just about had enough!
        Yeah, RUSH, it's NATIONAL SECURITY at stake - we need to STOP TRUMP IMMEDIATELY.... um.... oh, wait.... let's slow this thing down and, uh..... let's not pass the Articles of Impeachment on even though the Nation is at risk and we... um....
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Jim, think about how DUMB that argument is in light of the fact that the incredibly partisan Democrats can't even forward the AoI to the Senate.

"we gotta RUSH, the crime is ONGOING..... ooooops.... hold the bus, let's not move this to the Senate....."

What a much of lying hypocrites!
          Waiting for the courts would have taken years, CP. Just look at the McGahn case. Appeal, appeal, appeal. It's how Trump has always operated, it's his corrupt forte.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            That's been explained, MM. The criminal interference scheme is ongoing, the election is upcoming.
            Right... and in their rush, Democrats put together the weakest articles of impeachment in the history of the United Sates, even weaker than the ones the House wrote for Andrew Johnson, and now they're begging for the judge and jury in the Senate to collude with them to convict an innocent man. Nothing doing, my friend!

Comment

OBP is right - you suck at mind reading.

Jim, I'm fully prepared to have this go to the Senate and to see it rightfully die a deserved death. Nervous Nancy, however, is laying a case to blame the Senate for her own inability to decide how - or IF - to proceed.
              Nope, the Dems just want an open and fair trial let the chips fall where they may. You on the other hand fear the facts getting out.

Comment

Take your medicine --- your side "won" -- celebrate your victory!
                That's what I find so hilarious about this whole affair. Democrats finally got what they wanted, what they've been dreaming of ever since Trump won the election, what they campaigned on in 2018, and yet they're wandering around with an air of defeat.

Comment

• The Bee Explains: Impeachment

Impeachment can be confusing. But The Babylon Bee is here with an explainer so you will know how the process works and what it takes for Dems to snap their fingers together and make Trump disappear in a cloud of dust.

What is impeachment?

It's the official, constitutional method for screaming at the sky because Trump is president.

Why is Trump being impeached?

Trump has committed some very serious offenses, from not being a Democrat to being a Republican. He also won the 2016 election, which rises to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors. He also restored the celebration of Christmas after eight years of winter with no Christmas under Obama. This drove Dems up a wall so they drummed up some charges against him.

Why didn't Democrats include any criminal offenses in the articles of impeachment?

There were just so many of them, it was hard to pick one. So, instead of laying out actually impeachable offenses, the Democrats summarized it all with two main articles of impeachment: 1.) Trump is president. 2.) TRUMP IS PRESIDENT.

What does it take to remove the president from office
                  ?

Faith, trust, and pixie dust.

Will Trump be removed from office?

Lol.

If we believe in ourselves and try hard, and Trump is removed, Hillary Clinton becomes president, right?

Actually, Mike Pence would become president, basically making the United States into a Handmaid's Tale-style dystopia.

What happens if Trump is impeached in the House but acquitted in the Senate?

Democrats don't get the big prize, but they each get a complimentary copy of Impeachment: The Board Game.

Once the House votes to officially impeach President Trump, what happens next?

Trump wins the 2020 election.

Comment

Waiting for the courts would have taken years, CP.
                    A) you don't know that
                    2) in a case like this, it would probably have been a pretty much immediate thing - SCOTUS is the final authority, and the third branch of government.

Just look at the McGahn case. Appeal, appeal, appeal. It's how Trump has always operated, it's his corrupt forte.
                    So, after all the rushing, Nancy decides to sit on the Articles of Impeachment instead of passing them to the Senate. Sheeeesh.... I wish your puppetmasters would make up their minds!

Is this URGENT with NATIONAL SECURITY at risk, or is this just a political football for your party to play more crooked politics?

Comment

Right... and in their rush, Democrats put together the weakest articles of impeachment in the history of the United Sates, even weaker than the ones the House wrote for Andrew Johnson, and now they're begging for the judge and jury in the Senate to collude with them to convict an innocent man. Nothing doing, my friend!
                      Well, we'll see what the thinking American peoples thoughts are on that, we already know you Trumpsters don't think.
                      Last edited by JimL; 12-19-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

That's what I find so hilarious about this whole affair. Democrats finally got what they wanted, what they've been dreaming of ever since Trump won the election, what they campaigned on in 2018, and yet they're wandering around with an air of defeat.
                        It's like when Israel demanded a king (1 Sam 8) -- everybody ELSE has kings, how come WE can't have a king? And they ended up with some miserable WRETCHED murderous kings.

The lesson? You may get what you want, but you may not want what you get.

THAT is the lesson the Democrats will probably never learn, but America will see.

Comment

Well, we'll see what the thinking American peoples thoughts are on that, we already know you don't think.
                          Independents are abandoning impeachment in droves, and the American people, in general, are souring on this whole impeachment scam.

Are you aware that, in recent polling, Trump wins in a head to head match with EVERY DEMOCRAT running for office?

Comment

Nope, the Dems just want an open and fair trial let the chips fall where they may. You on the other hand fear the facts getting out.
                            I'm so glad the Democrats have people like you, Jim. Never change.

Comment

Independents are abandoning impeachment in droves, and the American people, in general, are souring on this whole impeachment scam.
                              Keep telling yourself that, CP. Americans are always uncomfortable with impeachment, but the numbers for it in this case are higher than in any other case.

Comment

• You are not alone, Jim....

CNN Analyst Had a Hard Time Accepting the Results of Their Latest Impeachment Poll

When CNN polled voters in November, 90 percent of Democrats were in favor of impeaching President Trump. In mid-December, that number dropped to 77 percent. The network's political director, David Chalian, presented the findings.

The poll also revealed that overall support for impeachment is now in the minority at 45 percent, and those opposed at 47 percent.

Chalian noted that perhaps the numbers have dropped because Americans have forgotten about the "damning evidence" that was presented to them last month. Since then it's been "political warfare."

His colleague didn't believe it at all.

"I don't believe that poll for one second," said legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, jumping in. "It's just - I don't believe it. It makes no sense that that number would change like that."

The pollster defended their findings, to which Toobin replied, "sometimes polls are wrong and, David, that poll is wrong."

"Just because I said so, okay?" he added.

Comment