Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Bring it on then! But of course that's easy for you to say, because you know that's not what Trump and his Senate allies are going to do.
    Well, if Shifty Schiff and his partisan House allies hadn't screwed this up so badly, there might actually be a case to present to the Senate.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Bring it on then! But of course that's easy for you to say, because you know that's not what Trump and his Senate allies are going to do.
      That's easy for you to say because you are not in charge of the House.

The House Dems refused to allow Republicans to call witnesses and now they want to hold the Senate hostage to force them to play by their rules and call more witnesses for their own side?

Have you ever heard the old Bible verse, "for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Gal 6:7)
      Last edited by Sparko; 12-19-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Which Article of Impeachment was that, Jim?
        Article 1, abuse of power.

Where was THAT charge in the Articles of Impeachment?
        Article 2, obstruction of congress.

So, back to the Russian Collusion Delusion again, eh?
        There is no one, not even you, who is deluded about the Russian/Trump collusion, there are simply those who accept the facts and those who deny the facts. You just happen to be a denier of facts.

Jim, I realize you're terribly disappointed, but it's no reason to go all childish and dishonest again. Take your medicine --- your side "won" -- celebrate your victory! (But don't let Nancy catch you cheering!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41511[/ATTACH]
        There's is nothing for me to be disappointed in as far as this issue goes yet, CP. Trump has been impeached. So far, so good.

Comment

Article 1, abuse of power.
          Article 2, obstruction of congress.
          Not even a good try, Jim --- not even close.

There is no one, not even you, who is deluded about the Russian/Trump collusion, there are simply those who accept the facts and those who deny the facts. You just happen to be a denier of facts.
          Sure, Jim. Sure.

There's is nothing for me to be disappointed in as far as this issue goes yet, CP. Trump has been impeached. So far, so good.
          Keep repeating that to yourself, Jim. The Democrats have shot themselves in the foot with Javelin missiles.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            In a fair trial the accussed doesn't get to block the testimony of witnesses and other evidence against them.
            He does if those demanding the evidence and testimony do not have legal sufficiency. Why didn't the Democrats want to wait for this question to be settled in the courts before rushing ahead with a vote to impeach? What are they afraid of?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              The problem I see, is that they are arguing that the missing "evidence" is crucial to their case, yet they voted to impeach without this evidence. They are admitting that they didn't have enough evidence to impeach. You can't convict someone on missing evidence or wishful thinking. I think the Senate or SCOTUS can just invalidate the articles of impeachment if that is the case.
              Right... it's like bringing a weak indictment to court and then asking the judge and jury to help you make your case. That's not how it works!
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's right, they couldn't wait, the reason for which they made clear. The crime is ongoing, and is meant to effect the 2020 election. But of course reason it seems is not a function applicable to republicans, so I'm not surprised you don't understand that.
                Jim, think about how DUMB that argument is in light of the fact that the incredibly partisan Democrats can't even forward the AoI to the Senate.

"we gotta RUSH, the crime is ONGOING..... ooooops.... hold the bus, let's not move this to the Senate....."

What a much of lying hypocrites!

Comment

They took a gamble, Jim, and they bet on the wrong horse.
                  No, they did what was right, CP.

Yes, that's the lie they tried to foist on the American people, but only their lackies bought it.
                  Well there are none so blind as those who choose not to see, i.e Trumpsters.

You're going to need a therapist to get past this, aren't you?
                  Well, I'm afraid there is no help for you Trumpsters, but we're trying.

Comment

Well, if Shifty Schiff and his partisan House allies hadn't screwed this up so badly, there might actually be a case to present to the Senate.
                    Which is obviously not something you want to happen.

Comment

Which is obviously not something you want to happen.
                      OBP is right - you suck at mind reading.

Jim, I'm fully prepared to have this go to the Senate and to see it rightfully die a deserved death. Nervous Nancy, however, is laying a case to blame the Senate for her own inability to decide how - or IF - to proceed.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          That's easy for you to say because you are not in charge of the House.

The House Dems refused to allow Republicans to call witnesses and now they want to hold the Senate hostage to force them to play by their rules and call more witnesses for their own side?
                          That's a mistaken understanding on you're part, Trump actually blocked all pertinent witnesses to the case because they didn't want you to hear what they had to say, and neither did you want to hear it.
                          Have you ever heard the old Bible verse, "for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Gal 6:7)
                          Yes, and that's something you should think seriously about when continuing to defend this corrupt adminstration.

Comment

• Yeah, no.

America has gone Christmas shopping in this wonderful roaring economy - stock market having reached yet ANOTHER new record high.... Americans are souring on this whole impeachment sham.

Comment

That's a mistaken understanding on you're part, Trump actually blocked all pertinent witnesses to the case because they didn't want you to hear what they had to say, and neither did you want to hear it.
                              And the Democrats were in too big a hurry to get on with impeachment to wait for SCOTUS to intervene, until they saw how the American people are abandoning them, and now it's "woahhhhhh.... let's slow down this impeachment sham and not even give it to the Senate".

Jim, your party is imploding and you can't even see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                He does if those demanding the evidence and testimony do not have legal sufficiency. Why didn't the Democrats want to wait for this question to be settled in the courts before rushing ahead with a vote to impeach? What are they afraid of?
                                That's been explained, MM. The criminal interference scheme is ongoing, the election is upcoming.

Comment