Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
    Every time ‘no bipartisan support’ was mentioned I could hear Justin Amash clear his throat. He is a man without party sitting alone and clearing his throat. What will become of him?
    "Independents" really get lost in all the talk of "bipartisanship", because the "bi" indicates TWO - the two party system.

of, relating to, or involving members of two parties a bipartisan commission specifically
    :marked by or involving cooperation, agreement, and compromise between two major political parties

He gets lost in the mix.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
      It’s not goofy or made up. Obstruction of justice is perjury’s daddy.
      No, it's actually not - it actually has a legal definition that involves lying under oath.

OOJ is more of an actual crime than perjury because perjury’s mother is lying who is not really a crime. Perjury is therefore, only half crime and half not really a crime.
      Trump was not charged with "OOJ".

OOJ is all crime and even rumoured to have founded the ‘interfering with administering justice’ family of crimes. If anything, OOJ has a better chance of being a high crime than perjury.
      N/A

Focus groups were wise to summon him.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        You’re not supposed to be so happy about that; but at least we know where you stand.
        He was wearing a black dress and not smiling.

Comment

Assuming this is correct, Pelosi could simply write a new article of impeachment after the Senate trial, and keep going in that fashion. Trump could be the first President to be permanently impeached.
          Trump is already "permanently impeached" - there is no way in the Constitution for a POTUS to get unpeached.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            He was wearing a black dress and not smiling.
            I’m thinking this must be a jibe of some sort; a little too opaque for me, on this occasion.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I’m thinking this must be a jibe of some sort; a little too opaque for me, on this occasion.
              Pelosi reportedly told her troops to look somber, not cheer, when Trump was impeached - she and some of her proteges wore black dresses to show how "somber" the occasion was. Part of the show.

Comment

Pelosi reportedly told her troops to look somber, not cheer, when Trump was impeached - she and some of her proteges wore black dresses to show how "somber" the occasion was. Part of the show.
                And the Democrats cheered anyway.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Trump is already "permanently impeached" - there is no way in the Constitution for a POTUS to get unpeached.
                  Strictly, yes, he will forever be the third POTUS to be impeached. Nevertheless, after his Senate trial he will have no stain on his character, having been fully exonerated, and will be free to crime afresh with even greater criminal vigour.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

I see, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And the Democrats cheered anyway.
                      TDS

But did you notice Queen Nancy flash a "don't do that" look at her subjects when she announced Article 1 passed?

Comment

I see, thanks.
                        Always happy to help, ff. You are one my one true loony left pinko commie liberal wacky friend.

Comment

TDS

But did you notice Queen Nancy flash a "don't do that" look at her subjects when she announced Article 1 passed?
                          I suspect you wish you had Nancy on your team. She is magnificent.

Comment

• And, for the record, CP does not know, nor suspect, that MM has any black dress in his wardrobe, or any dresses of any color, style, fashion or fit.

Comment

I suspect you wish you had Nancy on your team. She is magnificent.
                              She is serving Trump much better as an adversary. Hail Queen Nancy, may she reign forever (though, hopefully, as minority leader)!

Comment

Come on, Jim, you can do better than that.
                                ECREE

i
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment