Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Perjury actually has a legal definition, Jim. If that were true, the Democrats could have impeached him on that, because it's an actual CRIME, as opposed to the goofy made up stuff they got from their focus group.

You're wrong again.
    Yup. Lying under oath. Which was Clinton did wrt to Paula Jones lawsuit and not, as the Democrats and MSM keep deliberately misinforming everyone, anything to do with his affair with Lewinsky.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, just like the impeachment sham, the ONLY thing bipartisan about the impeachment VOTE (so far) is that DEMOCRATS crossed over to vote with Republicans.

I know, Jim --- that means that those Democrats are... what do you call it?.... unprincipled?
      So much for Pelosi's vow to only impeach when there was clear bipartisan support for it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        So much for Pelosi's vow to only impeach when there was clear bipartisan support for it.
        I think she might be working on that. The crime is still in progress.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

So, just like the impeachment sham, the ONLY thing bipartisan about the impeachment VOTE (so far) is that DEMOCRATS crossed over to vote with Republicans.

I know, Jim --- that means that those Democrats are... what do you call it?.... unprincipled?
          Every time ‘no bipartisan support’ was mentioned I could hear Justin Amash clear his throat. He is a man without party sitting alone and clearing his throat. What will become of him?

Comment

• In the Senate, the Banana Repubs will work hand in glove with the Tyrant to ensure his continued despotic rule.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
              Every time ‘no bipartisan support’ was mentioned I could hear Justin Amash clear his throat. He is a man without party sitting alone and clearing his throat. What will become of him?
              He's an independent - a former Republican does not create 'bipartisan' support. My understanding is he caucuses with the Democrats now which would, if we are lumping him into a party despite his own assertion of independence, make him a Democrat.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                It sounds like Pelosi is going to park it for a while.
                It may not matter...

Politico outlined Democrats’ new idea, citing constitutional lawyer Laurence Tribe (but, interestingly, not the Constitution itself). Pelosi hopes to pressure McConnell into holding a “fair trial” — this, after she and her party broke every relevant House rule and precedent, and several Amendments in the Bill of Rights, all in the name of their “sole Power of Impeachment.”

They forget that a “fair trial” applies to the accused, not the accuser, and has since 1215.

Set aside, for the moment, that holding onto the articles of impeachment would contradict everything Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and the Democrats have said for weeks about the “urgency” of impeachment. They needed to stop him before he could “cheat in the next election,” we were told — that’s why the House could not wait for the courts to rule on the White House’s resistance to stop congressional subpoenas.

All of that would be exposed as a lie.

If Pelosi refuses to submit the articles of impeachment to the Senate, McConnell can convene the Senate anyway, summon the Chief Justice, and swear in the Senators as jurors. Democrats can boycott, but they can’t stop the trial.

McConnell can then propose to dismiss the charges or even hold a vote to acquit the president.

Pelosi can hide the articles of impeachment in Adam Schiff’s basement forever, and it won’t make a bit of difference.

Case closed.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-constitution/
                Last edited by Mountain Man; 12-19-2019, 05:13 AM.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

In the Senate, the Banana Repubs will work hand in glove with the Tyrant to ensure his continued despotic rule.

Comment

Perjury actually has a legal definition, Jim. If that were true, the Democrats could have impeached him on that, because it's an actual CRIME, as opposed to the goofy made up stuff they got from their focus group.

You're wrong again.
                    It’s not goofy or made up. Obstruction of justice is perjury’s daddy. OOJ is more of an actual crime than perjury because perjury’s mother is lying who is not really a crime. Perjury is therefore, only half crime and half not really a crime.

OOJ is all crime and even rumoured to have founded the ‘interfering with administering justice’ family of crimes. If anything, OOJ has a better chance of being a high crime than perjury.

Focus groups were wise to summon him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Sweet.
                      You’re not supposed to be so happy about that; but at least we know where you stand.

Comment

True to form!

Comment

It may not matter...

Politico outlined Democrats’ new idea, citing constitutional lawyer Laurence Tribe (but, interestingly, not the Constitution itself). Pelosi hopes to pressure McConnell into holding a “fair trial” — this, after she and her party broke every relevant House rule and precedent, and several Amendments in the Bill of Rights, all in the name of their “sole Power of Impeachment.”

They forget that a “fair trial” applies to the accused, not the accuser, and has since 1215.

Set aside, for the moment, that holding onto the articles of impeachment would contradict everything Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and the Democrats have said for weeks about the “urgency” of impeachment. They needed to stop him before he could “cheat in the next election,” we were told — that’s why the House could not wait for the courts to rule on the White House’s resistance to stop congressional subpoenas.

All of that would be exposed as a lie.

If Pelosi refuses to submit the articles of impeachment to the Senate, McConnell can convene the Senate anyway, summon the Chief Justice, and swear in the Senators as jurors. Democrats can boycott, but they can’t stop the trial.

McConnell can then propose to dismiss the charges or even hold a vote to acquit the president.

Pelosi can hide the articles of impeachment in Adam Schiff’s basement forever, and it won’t make a bit of difference.

Case closed.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-constitution/
                          Assuming this is correct, Pelosi could simply write a new article of impeachment after the Senate trial, and keep going in that fashion. Trump could be the first President to be permanently impeached.

Comment

Assuming this is correct, Pelosi could simply write a new article of impeachment after the Senate trial, and keep going in that fashion. Trump could be the first President to be permanently impeached.
                            Why not? It would simply drive home what a sham this whole thing is.

May God continue to bless President Donald Trump and the beautiful First Lady.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              The 17 witnesses were compelling nevertheless. ...

So compelling that, the more the American people heard what they had to say, the less enthusiastic they were to support impeachment.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                She, um... got kidnapped... um.. had a gun to her head... um... she suddenly believed the crap her colleagues were throwing against the wall in the hopes that something - ANYTHING - would stick.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment