Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, just like the impeachment sham, the ONLY thing bipartisan about the impeachment VOTE (so far) is that DEMOCRATS crossed over to vote with Republicans.

I know, Jim --- that means that those Democrats are... what do you call it?.... unprincipled?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
      Trump is going to be the first impeached President to run for re-election. The Russkies will be pushing hard for Trump. The Repubs will ensure that Russkie propaganda and disinformation will be broadcast by the right wing media.
      Sweet.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
        The republican, who is very good friends with everyone, said that the allegations don’t even rise to the level of impeachable conduct. Is that crazy?
        Nope since Clinton was actually guilty of perjury and the Senate acquitted as they found it was not an impeachable offense.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          So, just like the impeachment sham, the ONLY thing bipartisan about the impeachment VOTE (so far) is that DEMOCRATS crossed over to vote with Republicans.

I know, Jim --- that means that those Democrats are... what do you call it?.... unprincipled?
          It's strange that the Democrats finally got what they want, they impeached Donald Trump, but it still feels like they lost. It reminds me of when Howard Dean was appointed chairman of the DNC, the Republicans were more excited about it than the Democrats!

Comment

• Hmmm... it looks like the Democrats have more dirty tricks up their sleeves...

Seemingly overlooked by most, when the House voted on the ‘rules of impeachment’ they removed the traditional appointment of House Managers to a later date.

Normally the House Managers would be appointed at the same time as the impeachment vote; however, by withholding the appointment House Democrats are indicating they will not immediately send articles of impeachment to the senate but will rather hold the articles as support for pending court cases toward their judicial authority.

A cunning Lawfare ploy.

As interested observers will note the House never voted to authorize the full judicial impeachment process; instead they voted to approve an inquiry into whether an impeachment should take place. By not voting to authorize articles of impeachment the House never gained ‘judicial enforcement authority‘. The absence of judicial authority is now working its way through the courts in various cases.

It appears the absence of appointing House impeachment managers; and the decision to withhold sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate; is now a specific design.

As the process appears to be unfolding, the Lawfare contracted lawyers representing the House: chief legal counsel Douglas Letter, Barry Berke, Norm Eisen and Daniel Goldman will now argue before the courts that all of the constitutionally contended material is required as evidence for a pending judicial proceeding, a trial in the Senate.

What the house crew have assembled is an interesting back-door attempt to position a valid claim for evidence against the accused without having first gained judicial authority for it. The Lawfare crew will argue to the lower courts, and to SCOTUS, the blocked evidentiary material is critical evidence in a soon-to-be-held Senate trial.

The material they have been seeking is: (1) Mueller grand jury material; (2) a deposition by former White House counsel Don McGahn; and less importantly (3) Trump financial and tax records. Each of these issues is currently being argued in appellate courts (6e and McGahn) and the supreme court (financials/taxes).

The House impeachment of President Trump succeeds in applying the label “impeached president” that was their primary political purpose. President Trump is marred with the label of an ‘impeached president’.

Now the delay in sending the articles of impeachment allows the House lawyers to gather additional evidence while the impeachment case sits in limbo.

The House essentially blocks any/all impeachment activity in the Senate by denying the transfer of the articles from the House to the Senate. Additionally, the House will now impede any other Senate legislative action because the House will hold the Senate captive. Meanwhile the Democrat presidential candidates can run against an impeached President.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s-from-senate/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              ...if the Democrats admitted they don't have a snowball's chance of actually removing Trump, and this is all just political theater.
              Political theatre in the sense that it's a venue through which the public has a chance to see and decide for themselves, regardless of what the politicians do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Hmmm... it looks like the Democrats have more dirty tricks up their sleeves...

Seemingly overlooked by most, when the House voted on the ‘rules of impeachment’ they removed the traditional appointment of House Managers to a later date.

Normally the House Managers would be appointed at the same time as the impeachment vote; however, by withholding the appointment House Democrats are indicating they will not immediately send articles of impeachment to the senate but will rather hold the articles as support for pending court cases toward their judicial authority.

A cunning Lawfare ploy.

As interested observers will note the House never voted to authorize the full judicial impeachment process; instead they voted to approve an inquiry into whether an impeachment should take place. By not voting to authorize articles of impeachment the House never gained ‘judicial enforcement authority‘. The absence of judicial authority is now working its way through the courts in various cases.

It appears the absence of appointing House impeachment managers; and the decision to withhold sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate; is now a specific design.

As the process appears to be unfolding, the Lawfare contracted lawyers representing the House: chief legal counsel Douglas Letter, Barry Berke, Norm Eisen and Daniel Goldman will now argue before the courts that all of the constitutionally contended material is required as evidence for a pending judicial proceeding, a trial in the Senate.

What the house crew have assembled is an interesting back-door attempt to position a valid claim for evidence against the accused without having first gained judicial authority for it. The Lawfare crew will argue to the lower courts, and to SCOTUS, the blocked evidentiary material is critical evidence in a soon-to-be-held Senate trial.

The material they have been seeking is: (1) Mueller grand jury material; (2) a deposition by former White House counsel Don McGahn; and less importantly (3) Trump financial and tax records. Each of these issues is currently being argued in appellate courts (6e and McGahn) and the supreme court (financials/taxes).

The House impeachment of President Trump succeeds in applying the label “impeached president” that was their primary political purpose. President Trump is marred with the label of an ‘impeached president’.

Now the delay in sending the articles of impeachment allows the House lawyers to gather additional evidence while the impeachment case sits in limbo.

The House essentially blocks any/all impeachment activity in the Senate by denying the transfer of the articles from the House to the Senate. Additionally, the House will now impede any other Senate legislative action because the House will hold the Senate captive. Meanwhile the Democrat presidential candidates can run against an impeached President.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s-from-senate/
                Don't you just hate Speaker Pelosi?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Political theatre in the sense that it's a venue through which the public has a chance to see and decide for themselves, regardless of what the politicians do.
                  Yes, and as the public has been watching this farce put on by the partisan Democrat Hacks, Trump's approval ratings go up, his campaign contributions go up, and support for impeachment goes down.

GREAT JOB House Democrats!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Nope since Clinton was actually guilty of perjury and the Senate acquitted as they found it was not an impeachable offense.
                    Trump is guilty of perjury everytime he opens his mouth.

Comment

Trump is guilty of perjury everytime he opens his mouth.
                      Perjury actually has a legal definition, Jim. If that were true, the Democrats could have impeached him on that, because it's an actual CRIME, as opposed to the goofy made up stuff they got from their focus group.

You're wrong again.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        Nah, it's not Pelosi dreaming up these dirty tricks, it's the Lawfare scumbags who are using the Constitution like toilet paper.

Comment

Are you kidding? She's one of Trump's greatest assets!

Comment

• Warning lights are flashing for Democrats as they impeach Trump

CNN, not FoxNews...

(CNN)The House has voted to impeach President Donald Trump for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress -- both tied to his actions around a July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky.

But there's growing evidence that the public impeachment proceedings may actually be helping Trump politically.

Take a new Gallup poll released Wednesday morning, before the House vote, which shows two things happening since House Democrats, led by Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California, opened up a formal impeachment inquiry in October regarding Trump's conduct with Zelensky:

1) Trump's job approval rating has gone from 39% to 45%
                            2) Support for Trump's impeachment and removal has dipped from 52% to 46%.

Those results largely affirm other data out over the past week or so that suggest support for impeachment has dipped. In a CNN national poll released earlier this week, 45% said they supported the impeachment and removal of the President -- down from 50% who said the same in a mid-November CNN survey...

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              The inquiry is where they gather their evidence and the trial is where they present it. It is not an opportunity for a "do-over." As for 17 "witnesses" nearly all of them admitted that they had no personal knowledge of the matter and were merely repeating the equivalent of water cooler gossip -- what they heard from someone who also heard it from someone etc. You cannot substitute quantity for quality in cases like this. A pile of garbage remains a pile of garbage no matter the size. Finally, not one "witness" was able to point to any criminal behavior or an impeachable offense committed by Trump when they were asked.
                              The 17 witnesses were compelling nevertheless.

But all the more reason for a proper trial (as required) with witnesses such as Bolton and Mulvaney so as to avoid the spurious accusations of "water cooler gossip". But this can never happen whilst we have Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham publicly stating they do not intend to uphold the oath they will be required to swear, namely: “I solemnly swear that in all things appertaining to the trial of the impeachment of Donald J. Trump, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.’’

Graham said: “I am trying to give a pretty clear signal I have made up my mind. I’m not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here.”

O’Connell said: “Everything I do during this; I’m coordinating with White House counsel. There will be no difference between the president’s position and our position as to how to handle this to the extent that we can……”
                              Last edited by Tassman; 12-18-2019, 11:18 PM.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• It sounds like Pelosi is going to park it for a while.
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment