Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    As much as the clowns here like to accuse me of defending Trump, I'm actually mocking them for their HateTrump obsession. Trump has PLENTY of faults, but the Democrats can't seem to gain any traction with the American people (not just me) that Trump actually did anything impeachable. Look to the Independents -- they're the group the Democrats are losing the most.

Absolutely. And this impeachment sham is dividing it even further - galvanizing the sides against each other.

No, it's the sham impeachment fraud being foisted upon the American people, but you're free to side with the loony left.
    It seems like most people agree Trumps actions are impeachable and the impeach/not remove is a sizeable percentage. That indicates that most people don’t consider this an impeachment fraud.

Wouldn’t that mean a quick senate dismissal would just cement this division?

Also shows that public support for impeaching Clinton was much lower when he was impeached.

Source:
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/five...ach-trump/amp/

Comment

The Democrats keep declaring "these charges are uncontested".... Then what the schwance are the hearings about? Castro (D-TX) just made such a statement right after a Republican clearly contested the charges.
      And this after Schumer was out there earlier saying we don't have all the facts.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
        It seems like most people agree Trumps actions are impeachable and the impeach/not remove is a sizeable percentage. That indicates that most people don’t consider this an impeachment fraud.
        The AGGREGATE of the polls says otherwise - the newer the polling, the less support for impeachment.

impeach.jpg

Wouldn’t that mean a quick senate dismissal would just cement this division?
        All that's going on today in the discussion before the "big vote" is repeating the same things that have been said over and over and over again --- not one thing new.

Also shows that public support for impeaching Clinton was much lower when he was impeached.
        Clinton actually committed an actual crime - perjury - nobody had to consult with focus groups to come up with vague bogus charges.

ONE poll.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          And this after Schumer was out there earlier saying we don't have all the facts.
          Well, hold on, the plus size female has not yet vocalized..... it could still happen!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Rep Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) is testifying to impeach because her 18 year old son told her to.

Comment

Rep Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) is testifying to impeach because her 18 year old son told her to.
              Won't somebody think of the children!
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Won't somebody think of the children!
                Sure, Al Green stoops to dishonestly using them as props - even though it has nothing to do whatsoever with impeachment.

Crying-Girl.jpg

Dem Rep. Al Green Uses Debunked Child Separation Photo In Impeachment Speech

Comment

The AGGREGATE of the polls says otherwise - the newer the polling, the less support for impeachment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41494[/ATTACH]

All that's going on today in the discussion before the "big vote" is repeating the same things that have been said over and over and over again --- not one thing new.

Clinton actually committed an actual crime - perjury - nobody had to consult with focus groups to come up with vague bogus charges.

ONE poll.
                  But your super poll is impeach plus remove only. Not supporting impeachment and removal is not the same as thinking this impeachment is a hoax. So what I was getting at is some people feel impeachment is a valid question to ask but don’t think it warrants impeachment or removal at this point.

If the senate just throws it out then it could change the public perception. I’m guessing the vast majority is set in their belief but undecided ones would obviously need to hear more. I’d assume that negative inferences would be made if it gets shut down so quickly.

If Clinton committed a crime and there was less support for his impeachment than Trump, who hasn’t committed a crime, then would it indicate that ‘committing a crime’ isn’t considered an essential requirement for impeachment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                    But your super poll is impeach plus remove only. Not supporting impeachment and removal is not the same as thinking this impeachment is a hoax. So what I was getting at is some people feel impeachment is a valid question to ask but don’t think it warrants impeachment or removal at this point.
                    Fair enough.

If the senate just throws it out then it could change the public perception. I’m guessing the vast majority is set in their belief but undecided ones would obviously need to hear more. I’d assume that negative inferences would be made if it gets shut down so quickly.
                    I think the Senate leadership is still discussing how to handle this - I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they will just dismiss it out of hand.

If Clinton committed a crime and there was less support for his impeachment than Trump, who hasn’t committed a crime, then would it indicate that ‘committing a crime’ isn’t considered an essential requirement for impeachment?
                    OR, it could be that we're a much more divided nation today than we were back then. Besides, Clinton's impeachment was successfully sold as "it's all about sex".

Comment

• Trump is going to be the first impeached President to run for re-election. The Russkies will be pushing hard for Trump. The Repubs will ensure that Russkie propaganda and disinformation will be broadcast by the right wing media.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        Trump is going to be the first impeached President to run for re-election. The Russkies will be pushing hard for Trump. The Repubs will ensure that Russkie propaganda and disinformation will be broadcast by the right wing media.
                        You mean the Russkies [sic] with whom Obama conspired and Hillary shared a "reset" button? The Russkies that the Democrats loved before they hated them?

Comment

You mean the Russkies [sic] with whom Obama conspired and Hillary shared a "reset" button? The Russkies that the Democrats loved before they hated them?
                          This whole impeachment business would be more dignified and less disruptive to political life, if Trump fessed up, and Repubs admitted that his behavior has been appalling. They have done a great disservice by condoning his behaviour. It will be a pyrrhic victory.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

It is the Senate's job to adjudicate the case presented by the House. If that case is weak then it is the Senate's job to dismiss the case or vote for acquittal.
                            Don't act the idiot, MM. It's the Senates job, and their oath, is to impartially try the case, not just take a vote on the case presented by the House. We, on this side of the issue, are all well aware as to why you don't want witnesses or documents, and sadly you all know why as well, you're not stupid, simply put, your tribe is more important to you than your country and it's Constitution.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              This whole impeachment business would be more dignified and less disruptive to political life...
                              ...if the Democrats admitted they don't have a snowball's chance of actually removing Trump, and this is all just political theater.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Don't act the idiot, MM. It's the Senates job, and their oath, is to impartially try the case,....
                                ...like the House impartially handled the impeachment? Come on, Jim, you can do better than that.

Comment