Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Public service announcement about the De-energizing of Rural California.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public service announcement about the De-energizing of Rural California.

What Starts in California filters out to the rest of the states and for those like me who live in California this is your tax dollars at work when Democrats are in control of policy. and governmental mismanagemetn of the forestry due to listening to rabid ecology nuts.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ew-laws-newsom
    Given the realities of climate change and extreme weather events, the work is not done, but these bills represent important steps forward on prevention, community resilience and utility oversight,” Newsom said.

Conceived as a method of last resort, planned outages have become a more common tactic to prevent disaster following some of the deadliest and most destructive wildfires in state history. Electrical utilities rely on weather models to suggest when strong winds, hot temperatures and dry vegetation create prime conditions for power lines to be knocked down or crossed, sparking dangerous wildfires.

bold emphasis mine

If anyone can figure out what on this page of the CPUC and why our state government deems it necessary to put some of our most vulnerable state citizens in danger due to having their electricity cut off with a moments notice instead of taking reasonable preventive measures such as clearing the underbrush and cutting down dead trees and carting them away to make sure there is no fuel for the fire I'd be grateful I've tried to figure it all out but there is to much to go through.

if you are in the effected area's you can go here to complain. especially those areas where folks are not allowed to cut down dead trees(that are a fire hazard) without a long permit process in order not to harm certain animals with no guarantee they will be allowed to. ask them why they thought that cutting electricity was teh best way to go instead of using preventive measures. here are the affected areas
    https://code.pressdemocrat.com/share...n=-122.71&z=11

I'd like to know anyone here on this board that is in one of the effected areas to let me know if they were allowed to take those reasonable preventive measures. especially those who are in the San fransisco Bay area, las angeles basin etc.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 10-09-2019, 10:13 AM.

In reality these wilderness areas should not have been developed in the first place.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      In reality these wilderness areas should not have been developed in the first place.
      Don't wilderness areas pretty much develop themselves?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Most of the world was once ‘wilderness’ Shuny.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

as lil pixie pointed out the whole world was once wilderness. but this is not what this thread is about shuny, it is about how government mismanagement and lack of good stewardship is not an excuse to force private companies to endanger people by cutting off needed electricity on a moments notice.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Seer the thread was not about wilderness development but why the CA state Government thinks it is ok to mismanage the forestry and said wilderness area's and then punish innocent citizens for their(the governments lack of good stewardship.)

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              exactly,

btw Lilpixie are you in one of the effected area's?

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                Seer the thread was not about wilderness development but why the CA state Government thinks it is ok to mismanage the forestry and said wilderness area's and then punish innocent citizens for their(the governments lack of good stewardship.)
                Right, underbrush and dead trees are more important than people.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Well look like i might be effected will know in about 1 an hour or 2 with 1 hour warning that my electricity will be cut off probably not though since my husband who would have gotten the word yesterday didn't say anything . and this would not have been necessary if the Democrats who have been in power for years had of committed themselves to good stewardship of the land.
                  Last edited by RumTumTugger; 10-09-2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

What does "good stewardship" look like to you?
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

. . . but not wilderness subject to severe drought and devastating fires as these wilderness areas in California. There is a long known history of the risks of building these areas.

The development of 'wilderness] itself is not the problem. The problem regions like flood plains, and coastal areas subject to severe hurricanes and storms is the issue.
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-11-2019, 06:54 AM.
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        No, humans make choices where to develop.

Frank

Comment

. . . but not wilderness subject to severe drought and devastating fires as these wilderness areas in California. There is a long known history of the risks of building these areas.

The development of 'wilderness] itself is not the problem. The problem regions like flood plains, and coastal areas subject to severe hurricanes and storms is the issue.
                          Every place has a natural hazard or more. Some have fires and earthquakes, some have floods, hurricanes, tornados etc. Nowhere is totally safe from natural disasters.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                            exactly,

btw Lilpixie are you in one of the effected area's?
                            I haven’t lived in California for years, but my parents and brothers are not.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Every place has a natural hazard or more. Some have fires and earthquakes, some have floods, hurricanes, tornados etc. Nowhere is totally safe from natural disasters.
                              Not to the degree these wilderness areas of California are subject to annual severe droughts, extremely high winds, and extremely hot wild fires that burn the way they do. Though some places have equivalent hazards, but no not everywhere has these hazards on an annual basis that literally destroy vast areas of thousands of acres.

The Native Americans traditionally described and knew of the danger, and would not live in these areas because of these reasons.
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 10-11-2019, 08:11 AM.

Frank

Comment